The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game keeps asking for an access code ever since last update...

DearLady
DearLady
✭✭
At first I thought this would go away after a few times but it's been happening ever since -- at least 20 times to me so far. Every single time I quit the game, (even in the same day, or if I crash and have to reopen) go to log back in, it says it does not recognize my computer and that I need an access code. On top of that being incredibly annoying sometimes it takes a good 10 minutes for me to even receive the email. I've actually just stopped playing the last few days because the emails are taking so long and it's unbelievably annoying having to get a new code every single time.

I haven't changed anything in my computer and my internet IP and settings have been the same for years so I doubt it's that. This has only just started happening since the last update as well.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm hoping it's fixed soon 'cause... Ya. lol I want to be able to log in and out like normal.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are currently experiencing an issue where you are receiving the access code repeatedly, please be aware that having a variable or non-static IP will possibly require a code each time.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZoLatKam
    ZoLatKam
    ✭✭
    I've also been having this issue where I keep having to wait between 2m - 20m for a "1 time access code" to arrive.
    It's super frustrating because this never used to happen.

I've already confirmed that I still have the same ISP-assigned IP address that I've had for 3+ years.
    I've also added all recommended ESO files to my Anti-virus exclusion list.
    This "feature" happens on both my PC & my laptop.

I'm genuinely curious why ZOS hasn't moved over to using some sort of authentication app like many other games do.
    I'd even be fine if it was a dedicated Authentication app... Because this "variable wait time" for an email code feels kinda... dated.

Update 10.28.18 @ 01:43:00 -

Finally stopped getting the "1 time access code" popup on 10.23.18; Unsure why.
    Edited by ZoLatKam on October 28, 2018 6:43AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started to have this problem last week.

every time i launch the game it asks me for the damn access code.

i'm playing exactly in the same computer that i've been using since last year and in my internet at home.

it's a little annoying to be forced to go to my email every single time that i want to launch the game.

is there any way to disable this thing :\
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is really annoying!

every single time i try to login the game, in the same computer using the same network, i'm forced to insert a damn access code.

this is ridiculous. why do i even need a password if i need to use an access code every time?

please let me know how do i get rid of this stupid thing. i really want to disable it.
  • librarianatrix
    librarianatrix
    Soul Shriven
    I recently bought a new computer, and now I'm getting the access code request every single time I try to play. My IP address is static. It's not changing, especially not multiple times per day. This is ridiculous.