The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too complicated homes.

Unit117
Unit117
✭✭✭✭✭
I really love the housing system. But why do the homes have to have such a complicated floor plan and way to big for item limits? Sometimes more is less.

I would just like some simple homes that feel open with space and not so claustraphobic. I would love a simple cave that has some shore line and open land. It doesn’t need a giant stone wall Just put a simple small wooden one we can’t jump over. Would be fine. Give it a simple square footage. And not make us take long pointless walks.

I’d love a snow home in the north where I can be Eskimo or along the marsh in murkmire and create a fishing village.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I really love the housing system. But why do the homes have to have such a complicated floor plan and way to big for item limits? Sometimes more is less.

I would just like some simple homes that feel open with space and not so claustraphobic. I would love a simple cave that has some shore line and open land. It doesn’t need a giant stone wall Just put a simple small wooden one we can’t jump over. Would be fine. Give it a simple square footage. And not make us take long pointless walks.

I’d love a snow home in the north where I can be Eskimo or along the marsh in murkmire and create a fishing village.

Totally agree with this. Plus, the smaller ones are more within my price range. :D
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    I took one look at the work involved in doing a complete furnishing from Mats and furniture plans and just bought the furnished version.

Too involved for me, and I'd rather spend the time on my toons.
    Edited by Count_Dracula on November 7, 2018 4:53AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some smaller homes would be nice. Lately they've mostly been Notables.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow home is coming soon. And, its not super large. I think it fits the bill that you are asking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDUU2vDFxk
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow home is coming soon. And, its not super large. I think it fits the bill that you are asking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDUU2vDFxk

Ah, the snow globe!
    Wonder what it'll cost...

:neutral:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. The homes I have that get the most use are Sleek Creek (one room building with a lot of outside space), Twin Arches (similar, but to a lesser degree), Mournoth Keep, and soon I'll have the Exorcised Coven Cottage fitted out to join them.

Snugpod and Autumn's gate are nice cozy places to live, and I park the characters that "own" them there. They don't really have space for crafting, training dummies etc.

But I also have Mathiisen Manor, which should have become more of a crew hub, with plenty of space for everything. It's just not well laid out. The upper floor is mostly connecting space and balconies, with no actual rooms. The lower floor has two rooms, but everything else is just wide corridors. I've tried creating enclosures with dividers, but that gets costly, and the results aren't the same as walls.

We really need modest spaces with multiple rooms (preferably with interior doors), balanced by proportionate grounds for outdoor activities like training dummies.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alinor walls might be a similar colour to the walls of Mathiisen, if you'd prefer to try those over multiple dividers.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if I can just.. nitpick a lil here...
    Humblemud is an adorable little home! Cozy and beautiful, and cheap, too! Only 40k gold!
    But.. Snugpod is 5k more.. (45,000) and it has no outdoors, unlike Humblemud (which makes Humble awesome)! I would give the extra 5k if I get outdoors! Please!
    Edited by kadochka on November 9, 2018 4:10PM

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Humblemud is an adorable little home! Cozy and beautiful, and cheap, too! Only 40k gold!
    But.. Snugpod is 5k more.. (45,000) and it has no outdoors, unlike Humblemud (which makes Humble awesome)! I would give the extra 5k if I get outdoors! Please!

I certainly wouldn't mind if Snugpod had an outdoors, but the extra price is largely due to its more convenient location. Sure, Humblebud is a pretty good location, with the banker and crafting close by (although the provisioning is a ways away), but there is only one guild trader and there is no MW turn in or an Undaunted Enclave. Plus, the wayshrine isn't that close, either.

I've noticed that location is often a factor in the price, as well as indoor/outdoor space (though not always). Take, for instance, Kragenhome, which while it has a good-sized interior for the price, it has no exterior, and it's 9k more than Autumn's-Gate (which is similar in size interior-wise, but has a rather nice-sized exterior for the price). But, Kragenhome is a bit closer to a wayshrine, and there are some amenities in Kragenmoor, though not as many as Snugpod, which is significantly cheaper (though admittedly smaller).
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    kadochka wrote: »

I certainly wouldn't mind if Snugpod had an outdoors, but the extra price is largely due to its more convenient location. Sure, Humblebud is a pretty good location, with the banker and crafting close by (although the provisioning is a ways away), but there is only one guild trader and there is no MW turn in or an Undaunted Enclave. Plus, the wayshrine isn't that close, either.

I've noticed that location is often a factor in the price, as well as indoor/outdoor space (though not always). Take, for instance, Kragenhome, which while it has a good-sized interior for the price, it has no exterior, and it's 9k more than Autumn's-Gate (which is similar in size interior-wise, but has a rather nice-sized exterior for the price). But, Kragenhome is a bit closer to a wayshrine, and there are some amenities in Kragenmoor, though not as many as Snugpod, which is significantly cheaper (though admittedly smaller).

Oh... I never bother checking location. Hah! Maybe I should. :D Thanks for the info!

But I really want an outdoors for Snugpod... My lil Bosmer alchemist needs space for her plants and stuff!