Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

craglorn and cyridell flickering/artifacting assets--- old bug --- needs forum mod attention

• LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping again so this thread doesnt disappear like the last one.. if a forum mod could tell me if its being looked into or not, it would be great
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    This flickering of craglorn has been happening on xbox na for a long time as well. So far no one has answered that thread either 😕
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have flickering in Craglorn at all (but I am near Elden Root tree, as mentioned in another post).

What driver/card are you using? Also be sure to delete usersettings.txt and ShaderCache files from the live ESO directory.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    My graphic card: NVIDIA GTX 980Ti 6GB DDR5

I have got installed the latest drivers, but I've tried with drivers from the beginning of this year (doing DDU), but without results.

I've repaired the game and installed a fresh copy of the game, but the same, nothing fix this. Really very sad.
  • empressoftime
    empressoftime
    ✭✭
    The flickering in Craglron is happening on PS4 too and I thought my PS4 was dying till I read this thread.I try not to go to Craglron but I like to farm mats there so I hope they fix it soon.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

Yesterday I tried reinstalling my OS (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits) but it wasn't the solution.

Today I had the opportunity to try the game in the computer of a friend, but the issue stills there.

Definetly, Craglorn is broken and needs to be fixed soon.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.2.8) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    would also like to confirm that i have now

updated windows for the monthly patch

updated to the new nvidia drivers released 2 or so days ago

patched the game for this week, via both the steam and zos version

issue still persists with both
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    would also like to confirm that i have now

updated windows for the monthly patch

updated to the new nvidia drivers released 2 or so days ago

patched the game for this week, via both the steam and zos version

issue still persists with both

Dear friend, you can do nothing. I've tried all the ways in the entire world to detect the origin of the issue and try to fix it, but I ended exhausted.

The most sad of this, I believe, this issue will fixed, with a little hope, when the next chapter will be released the next year. Moment with big changes to the game that, by desgrace, it will brings new bugs to the game.

I still not understanding how nobody of the moderators, who have read this thread, have the dignity to answer to their worrier comunity. Regrettable.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the devs could either confirm or inform you with more details, but seeing that I never have this issue kind of complicates it, as it means it's not experienced by everyone.

Please delete usersettings.txt and shaders cache from main eso directory in Documents. Do you play on fullscreen or windowed mode? Just for the record, I play on borderless window mode, max settings for all.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I wish the devs could either confirm or inform you with more details, but seeing that I never have this issue kind of complicates it, as it means it's not experienced by everyone.

Please delete usersettings.txt and shaders cache from main eso directory in Documents. Do you play on fullscreen or windowed mode? Just for the record, I play on borderless window mode, max settings for all.

Thank you mate for your words but, as I've said, I've tried all, everything possible in my hands.

What is your graphic card model? I'm sure everyone owner of a NVDIA card have this issue, I only say: play in Craglorn for a relative time and you will experience this issue.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you mate for your words but, as I've said, I've tried all, everything possible in my hands.

What is your graphic card model? I'm sure everyone owner of a NVDIA card have this issue, I only say: play in Craglorn for a relative time and you will experience this issue.

I'm also using Nvidia, GTX1060 6gb. I go to Craglorn fairly often and never seen this issue. I even went to the same spot as in the video on the 1st page and nothing. Everything is ok.

Do you use any addons? I don't use any (except Master Merchant, but I disabled it since it's outdated as of now).
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭

I'm also using Nvidia, GTX1060 6gb. I go to Craglorn fairly often and never seen this issue. I even went to the same spot as in the video on the 1st page and nothing. Everything is ok.

Do you use any addons? I don't use any (except Master Merchant, but I disabled it since it's outdated as of now).

As I've said in this thread, I installed a fresh copy of the game with no addons and deleting the Elder Scrolls Online folder from Documents folder: nothing.

Also installed a copy of the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits) from scratch: nothing.

I've tried to limit FPS to 60 from 100 I normally use: nothing.

If you haven't had this issue, maybe you not have spent the enough time in Craglorn to reproduce it. A friend installed the game in their computer, and in about 20-30 mins walking around Craglorn, the issue appeared as well.
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭

Things ive tried and current pc build

gtx 1070 founders edition with 8gb of vram
    windows 10 latest patch
    have tried every nvidia driver over the past year or so-all have the issue to some degree or another= some of the later builds seem more extreeme/frequent

16 gigs of ram
    i7 4790k @ 4ghz

=========================
    things i have tried to fix it-
    -fresh install as well as a partial restall of windows
    -trying both the steam and websites version of the game to see if the issue lies with the version of the title (steam vs zos)
    -deleting the usersettings txt and cache each patch
    -reinstalling the game on both steam and zos each patch
    -purchased a new graphics card (same model) issue persists
    -tried running as admin
    -tried fullscreen, windowed, and borderless windowed.
    -Tied without addons as well as with, issue persists
    -underclocked both my graphics card and cpu for a time to see if that fixes it, it did not
    -purchased a new monitor- went from 1080- to 4k resolution, still no change
    -replaced power chords and various other chords to my pc setting, including the hdmi which connects to the tv
    -tried a diff power plug (graping at straws at this point i know_....
    -talked to members of my guild hoping for a fix, they have stated that this issue has been around for at least a year on pc, and even longer on console.
    -i have also upgraded my motherboard sinse this issue started , didnt affect it at all, was using a ramdon motherboard included in my pc build originally , now using a z97-Pro by asus
    -also have a laptop with windows 7 that also has this issue, so it seems its most likely not windows as both windows 7 and 10 have the issue for me

• Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    I think unfortunately we will have to wait for U21... they seem to fix some long known bugs in that.... Hopefully Craglorn, and the Crglorn trials are a aprt of that, people still do those for weeklies and bosses disappear, people randomly DC at whispmotherboss in vAA and more bugs ...it's as if the entire Craglorn is about to break apart and needs a revamp.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.2.9) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up!
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up!
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    The flickering in Craglron is happening on PS4 too and I thought my PS4 was dying till I read this thread.I try not to go to Craglron but I like to farm mats there so I hope they fix it soon.

Same for me too on the PS4. :(
    I thought a young wasp was following me.
    Why only Craglorn, AFAIK?
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    Well i tried... i think i have waited long enough for this major graphical bug to be fixed, i opened the original thread that got buried a year or so ago, and then tried opening this one and keeping it up to date the past month or so with possible issues that could be causing the bug, and yet not one support person could pop in and look at this and say if it was being looked at or not...

anyway i will be taking a break from updating this thread... i have now cancelled my sub and will be moving onto another mmo that hopefully values bug reports and actually fixes them ...

will likely return in several months or so to see if this bug is fixed, but it has now been around so long i highly doubt it...
  • Maxell_DGM
    Also still seeing this, craglorn often, elden root near the wayshrine too, occasionally
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.2.10) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.2.10) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?

Same here with patch 1.42 on PS4.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU for posting this! The only thing that has kept me from panicking about this is that it's *only* in Craglorn, nowhere else in the game, and it's *only* in ESO so I knew it wasn't my video card. But there's always that little naggy doubt voice of doom in the back of my head, so I'm so so glad to see this confirmed by others. I did get it a little bit somewhere else on the EU server but as I don't play there often I can't remember where it was.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the same issue myself.
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I've been getting this too. Thought it was on my end, but im glad to see im not alone
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile in the ZOS headquarters: Muhahahaha.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up!
This discussion has been closed.