Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 days of game time? WHERE?

csinclair2ub17_ESO
i preordered the the physical imperial edition. got early access. played beta, early access and everything, thought that i could just get my game on launch day, get the physical map, statue, book and stuff and just enter my explorers pack codes, and 30 days free code. no. they give me DISCS. 4 discs. WHY WOULD I DOWNLOAD A GAME THEN GET DISCS FOR IT LATER??? WHY? doesnt make sense! furthermore, i didnt even GET a 30 days free code and my explorers pack code says i need to buy the game first. WTF!?!? bethesda, why...?? Shor's Bones! its a great game, once you actually can play. the customer support and billing system has BS written all over it. not impressed, at all. WHERES MY FREE MONTH??? ITS NOT IN MY EMAIL! NOT ON A CARD! WHY???? every other mmo ive played never did this! i used to be a ESO pre orderer like you, then i took a imperial edition to the knee. IMPERIAL EDITION BUYERS BONED
  • rainlindarin_ESO
    I have a big feeling this game is going to go down hill in the future because of their terrible services.
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of other threads about this, basically you get the 30 days free game time once you enter the game activation code and then select a subscription plan, although do note that using a credit card will generate an "authorisation fee" for the FULL amount of whichever subscription plan you choose.

The game disks are for those people purchasing the physical version of the game who haven't downloaded the game previously. They also come in handy if you need to re-install at any point in the future! ;) In every other subscription MMO that I've played the 30 days free game time has always been activated upon redeeming the game's activation code, I've never had a seperate code for the 30 free days.

Once you've redeemed your game activation code (this should be in the case with the game disks) and selected a subscription plan you can then redeem your Imperial Edition Exclusive Code and your Explorer's Pack code.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • BeeK
    BeeK
    From my limited understanding, and even with the discrepancies to be found in the setup language (please correct me if I am mistaken), you first have to set up your billing in your account management, download the client and/or install, then take notice of the fact that you have not been billed for the first month of gaming. Your first month *free* begins upon setup and your billing cycle starts after the first 30 days has elapsed. I found all of this on my account management page.

oamtltyv8bof.png

Further clarification: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p1
    Edited by BeeK on April 7, 2014 12:39AM
    ESO.png 358.4K
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    the worst part is every other subscription based MMO gives you to the END of the 30 days of included game time to setup a subscription plan or input a game time card code . this action by Zenimax/Bethesda discourages me from wanting to subscribe and if they will not allow me to play the included 30 days then they must refund the purchase price since they are not delivering the entire product that I was sold.
  • BeeK
    BeeK
    You can cancel before the first billing if you desire, from your account management page. It is not a FTP game, although I can sympathize with those who may have been confused with the language presented upon release.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    the worst part is every other subscription based MMO gives you to the END of the 30 days of included game time to setup a subscription plan or input a game time card code . this action by Zenimax/Bethesda discourages me from wanting to subscribe and if they will not allow me to play the included 30 days then they must refund the purchase price since they are not delivering the entire product that I was sold.

No they do not. SWOTR was one of the latest examples and it worked the exact same as this.

• taze222b14_ESO
    taze222b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for showing this. I saw this on my account page as well. Wonder what Zenimax is going to do uproar the current uproar in their sticky.
  • yRaz
    yRaz
    I'm tired of the "this common practice" talking point. The practice is wrong. Just because more games keep doing this does not make it right. This argument is referred to as the "bandwagon logical fallacy." I'm also tired of everyone blaming the people for not having the money. Money is tight and I have things I NEED to pay for. The reason this is a problem for me is that I saved my money for what I was expecting to pay so I could pay for the things I NEED. It's not about not being able to pay, it's about not being able to pay right now. They pre authorize the full amount, not just a preauth to see if the card is active. They are effectively looking into my finances and telling me I can or cannot play based on what's in my bank account.

The practice is wrong, plain and simple. Stop blaming the people who saved what little they could just to buy it. The people blaming those who don't have the extra cash have never had to be responsible with their money. They have never had to save or put away for something they want. Saving for what you want IS being responsible with your money.

I manage my money just fine, it is they who are screwing up the way I manage my money.