The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My House, Your House

kadochka
kadochka
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there an addon that, when pressing a keybind, you will automatically port to a certain house (per character)?
Most of my characters have their own houses, but it's a wee bit aggravating to have to scroll through the list and remember which belongs to which.
Again, this would have to work separately, per character.

EDIT: Meant to make this a Question.. whoops, sorry!
Edited by kadochka on November 5, 2018 10:21PM
if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port to friends can kinda help with this.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Port to friends can kinda help with this.

I know, I use that for other people's non-prime houses. But I mean assigning a house to a character, then pressing that button to automatically port to it (having a different house bound to each character).
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this one helps:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1156-HOMEPortHOUSEPort.html

Not sure if you are able to set the 10 houses differently on each acharacter though or if those are account wide settings.
    But at least it sounds like you could specify 1 of 10 houses for each of your chars + a keybind.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Maybe this one helps:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1156-HOMEPortHOUSEPort.html

Not sure if you are able to set the 10 houses differently on each acharacter though or if those are account wide settings.
    But at least it sounds like you could specify 1 of 10 houses for each of your chars + a keybind.

Sadly it doesn't look like what I had in mind... and it was last updated the same time Housing came out! :open_mouth: eek!
    But thanks! :heart:

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have houses set up as different character's "home" too
    Being able to put a specific house in my Quickslots to activate the port there is a GREAT IDEA!

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Yeah, I have houses set up as different character's "home" too
    Being able to put a specific house in my Quickslots to activate the port there is a GREAT IDEA!

:3

My Argonian tank has Ald Velothi, my newest Argonian DPS has the Vvardenfell inn room, my healer has Cap'n Marg's Place, etc.

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essential Housing Tools allows you to set your favorites and hotkeys to port to them. It also adds a housing tab to the ingame map and you can right click any of your houses to port to them.

I have my primary bound to my Home key! Is very convenient! =)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i get u right, u want the same keybind to port u to different houses on different alts?

u can setup PtaFH to do that, if u have 10 or less chars. select 10 favorites, assign the same key to a different favorite on a different alt.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is not designed for a house to be assigned to a character.

Zos did not think things through with housing, like many aspects of the game.

How access to the housing of others should be is we essentially grant keys to players. The key we give them determines the access they have. Each of us would be able to pull up a list of players, and their homes we have access to and a separate list of those we have given access to ang what the access they have.

While it does add to the complexity of the related database, it is rather simple to implement. Zos just likes to take short cuts and I think we have just gotten use to it.

A prime example that those that started at PC launch will remember, the pathetic excuse for a GF we had when the game launched. It was on the level of a failed high school intern project, yet the devs touted the GF in pre game walk throughs. It was a sad joke.
    Edited by idk on November 5, 2018 9:00PM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    If i get u right, u want the same keybind to port u to different houses on different alts?

u can setup PtaFH to do that, if u have 10 or less chars. select 10 favorites, assign the same key to a different favorite on a different alt.

I'm trying this now! Thanks for pointing it out! ^-^
    Edited by kadochka on November 5, 2018 10:20PM

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essential Housing Tools allows you to set your favorites and hotkeys to port to them. It also adds a housing tab to the ingame map and you can right click any of your houses to port to them.

I have my primary bound to my Home key! Is very convenient! =)

@kadochka Maya has a good point. Essential Housing Tools allows you to configure a different primary for every single character you have. Hope this helps! (And instructions are on the EHT page on how to set that up)