The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frequent crashes after recent patch

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
I have begun having frequent crashes after the recent patch. The crash always displays the ZOS error report. I never used to have this before, but now I get it from anywhere between 10 minutes to 3 hours. I tried deleting my usersettings.txt file to generate a new one, and tried disabling all addons, but it still happens.

Anyone else experiencing increased frequency of crashes after the recent patch?
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this on your desktop or laptop?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    Is this on your desktop or laptop?

Both. I don't play so much on the laptop, mostly on my desktop so I cant compare them directly. My kids play on laptop, but it didnt use to have crashes earlier but now it does.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I asked because a lot of us had crashes last month, and the common theme seemed to be that most of us had nvidia laptops, where each frame has to be copied to the intel graphics. I found a combination of setting changes that worked but didn't narrow down the change responsible. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433655/srceen-freezes-but-game-keeps-running

One user in the thread, Euphoria666, did have desktop hardware, and said their problem went away when they set a frame limit slightly below their refresh rate.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    reading a lot of people as of right now in zone chats and my guilds saying they are rubberbanding and getting disconnects mainly in dungeons/trials. some even having issues talking to npcs, which are not working. Been having Ping spikes for the last 3-5 weeks, which freeze my graphics yet i can still hear whats going on in battle. then after 3-18 seconds my graphics try and catch up which usually im dead or everyone has moved to the next destination , or a long pause and disconnect. Everything on my end is fine, ports all open, modem reset, driver updated for graphics card. No other issues on other online games, just here. Thought it was only me for the last few weeks but apparently many others are experiencing the same, especially after the last patch.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    I asked because a lot of us had crashes last month, and the common theme seemed to be that most of us had nvidia laptops, where each frame has to be copied to the intel graphics. I found a combination of setting changes that worked but didn't narrow down the change responsible. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/433655/srceen-freezes-but-game-keeps-running

One user in the thread, Euphoria666, did have desktop hardware, and said their problem went away when they set a frame limit slightly below their refresh rate.

yes that is what my laptop has, two display adapters called intel HD Graphics Family and Nvidia Geforce 840M.

Thank a whole bunch for the suggestion Im gonna test it out right away!!