Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collaborative story, anybody? Let's start with the genre!

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so, I was thinking of a way to get the community more involved in RP and Fanfiction, because this section of the forums has barely any active users and that's a bid disappointing.

So anyway, I thought it would be fun for the users on these forums to write a story, featuring our characters.

Let's start by deciding on what kind of story we're going to go for. To make it interesting, we'll use the genre with the most votes as the main focus, but use the second and third most popular genres to add some flavor to the story and make it seem less one-dimensional.

Once we have our genres, we'll have another poll to work out the specifics.

EDIT: Oh, I just had another thought. In addition to voting in the poll, I'd really appreciate it if you could post your ideas for where the story could be set in the comments. We'll take the most popular locations and use those for the next poll. One rule, though: It can't be a place we've previously explored in ESO.
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on June 12, 2018 6:06PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver

Collaborative story, anybody? Let's start with the genre! 20 votes

Adventure
55%
TotalitarianrynthbellatrixedDracan_FontomDark_ClawCalibarZerokadochkaVaranisAranoFaintdegreeItaciraTrabunt 11 votes
Romance
10%
SilverPawsblissytheuni 2 votes
Comedy
0%
Tragedy
0%
Friendship
5%
Logohs 1 vote
Crime
5%
SrPontes 1 vote
Mystery
10%
Azurephoenix999jokeaccount 2 votes
Supernatural
15%
cjhhickman39PuzzlenutsSkeletalkk 3 votes
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure
    so I've always been a fan of using the games quests for story line so when I've run rp events I incorporate the quests or dungeons with my rp. Although after awhile people have done all quests so I use public dungeon delves and 4 man dungeons to create the story atmosphere.

For myself I've always wanted to create a sort of "companions" type group from Dragonlance. A group where we all start out small town or city where we all grew up and we all adventure together experiencing the quests together (I've always tried to have quests mold my character also) as in life quests will effect characters differently. So if anybody is up for something like that hit my up in game @rynlath or on the forum here.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure
    I'm always a fan of adventure, but I can never seem to stray away from writing in romance into a story.

I can't really think of any locations though...
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Trabunt
    Trabunt
    Soul Shriven
    Adventure
    It's Elder Scrolls, of course it'll be an adventure story! As for where it should be set, I'm thinking Hammerfell. We've only gotten bits and pieces of it ingame, so it sounds fair to me.
    "You can't just set a stick on fire and call it a flame staff!"
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystery
    Trabunt wrote: »
    It's Elder Scrolls, of course it'll be an adventure story! As for where it should be set, I'm thinking Hammerfell. We've only gotten bits and pieces of it ingame, so it sounds fair to me.

Hammerfell has been nominated! Anyone else feel like suggesting a location?
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supernatural
    I put supernatural but crime and mystery tie into easy. The snow elf’s would be fun
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure
    Trabunt wrote: »

Hammerfell has been nominated! Anyone else feel like suggesting a location?

I'd love to hear this, if it ever gets done. :)

Bump! :heart:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure
    I'd totally love some tongue-in-cheek RP of the following sort :
    "So, you're a vestige too?"
    "Yep."
    "Huh."
    "I was stuck in Coldharbour then some blonde chick freed me."
    "...You don't say."

Okay, so sure, it'd be very limited RP wise because we'd quickly run out of role to play but I have fun thinking abt it here and there.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure
    Itacira wrote: »
    I'd totally love some tongue-in-cheek RP of the following sort :
    "So, you're a vestige too?"
    "Yep."
    "Huh."
    "I was stuck in Coldharbour then some blonde chick freed me."
    "...You don't say."

Okay, so sure, it'd be very limited RP wise because we'd quickly run out of role to play but I have fun thinking abt it here and there.

Maybe...
    "So you just tagged along behind them? And got out?"
    "Yup."
    "They didn't notice you?"
    "Nope."
    "Did you have to fight?"
    "Sir, this chick broke through a mountain of pebbles with her fist. I didn't think I needed to help."
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.