The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS Halloween Costumes

• Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emma666 wrote: »
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Gargath wrote: »
    Nice costumes :).
    Still, hard to understand why Americans celebrate fancy pagan festivals if they also celebrate Christmas.

Halloween isn't a Pagan holiday, its actually a Christian holiday. Halloween is a shortening of All Hallows' Eve, which was the eve before All Hallows' Day, now known as All Saints Day. Even the idea of trick or treating is based an old British Christian tradition called Souling, where children and the poor would go door to door offering songs and prayers in exchange for food, usually in the form of small confections called soul cakes.

The roots of Halloween can be tracked to the pagan vikings harvest festival Höstblot which later on inspired the celtic harvest festival of Samhain until christianized to be Halloween, just like christmas and easter had pagan roots as well. :smile:

I do however think anyone should be able to celebrate anything they want.

Yes but having pagan roots and being pagan are two very different things, which was my original point.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MisterGibs wrote: »
    I was actually wondering last night if it was possible to make a Power Rangers themed outfit in ESO. Well that sure answers that. For a while one of my Alts has been using a mock-up of the original Sayian Armor from DBZ with what little style options I have.

You too?
    1532677417354.png

lol he even got the scouter.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebration of the Suns different phases through the year are the origin. Religion came after and hijacked it.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I don't see Wrobel.

Oh, RIGHT, he's a nightblade. Nvm.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some cool costumes, although to be honest i was disappointed when no employee wore an EU server costume :trollface:

This lad stands out very, very well

IZBDqHy_RlCeBc4Jx9BrLQ.png
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “This is Fine” meme I think works in IT?

Sorry obvious joke, I had to make it. Better than the obligatory “the origins of Halloween” discussion every single one of these types of threads have.
    Edited by max_only on November 2, 2018 1:41AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We take Halloween very seriously ;)

So do we. Screenshot_20181030_230151.png

I was actually wondering last night if it was possible to make a Power Rangers themed outfit in ESO. Well that sure answers that. For a while one of my Alts has been using a mock-up of the original Sayian Armor from DBZ with what little style options I have.

DBZ was my childhood.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MisterGibs
    MisterGibs wrote: »
    You too?
    1532677417354.png

Let's play who wore it better.
    vrQnNv8.png
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on November 2, 2018 10:31AM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally broke down and created a cute Bosmer NB. Her secret is she's a werewolf. Shown here in full Hallowjack regalia. She's CP 535 currently and does 39K dps. Her name is G'yadda Bokka. :)

45296906_572396819886097_6708632121990184960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeHm9McCeCCblQ-d8_HLIRKcezN1VnBVdYBFDF30b8RYaPkyz1zlGknMxbWjRakp4Lr6vlBrSY5Z0n-yHUA3BlADAcES87rKDfNIcBSH5MHYAQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=4aedfefe326bbc371b3e46097bf08e1b&oe=5C75AADA
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Nice costumes :).
    Still, hard to understand why Americans celebrate fancy pagan festivals if they also celebrate Christmas.

Because Christmas is also a fancy Pagan festival?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • ohaphazardo
    ohaphazardo
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing, this is wonderful, this is brilliant!!! To get two responses from customer service operatives on the same amazingly, wonderful, important post. It would have been so sad if these wonderful people and fandabidozi photos had gone uncelebrated.

So.....how to amazingly talk up to and wonderfully engage these fabulous CSOs to get them to respond to issues such as our wonderful login screens, which are peachy keen and aesthetically stunning, I just can't get enough of them. Please, pretty please with sugar on, can you extend the length of time that I can spend with these magisterial art-works because my poor heathen soul is feeling deprived of their awesome pulchritudiness. A minimum of five minutes each time would make me so happy and I am sure many others would appreciate the change.

Priorities, meh