Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many of you want to see real time PvP referees for vulgar trolls, glitching, lag switching?

theyoungerbrother
theyoungerbrother
✭✭✭
We need real time resolutions to real time problems

How many of you want to see real time PvP referees for vulgar trolls, glitching, lag switching? 89 votes

Count me in - I take PvP more serious than PvE and am tired of having my time wasted by bug abusers
73% 65 votes
Don't care I'm a casual player
26% 24 votes
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, there are 3 platforms with 2 servers each: six different cyrodiil locations...

each location has 4 different maps...so 24 total cyrodiil maps...

plus 24 different IC maps...bunches of different battlegrounds content...

obviously we can't expect any type of 24 hour coverage in all the different maps...

it would be nice though if some zos reps poked their head in from time to time to clean things up...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 2, 2018 7:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    We could use an in game person to message so we don't see the offenders online harassing everyone again the next day while the game developers show off a polished version for $. We pay good $ already there should be someone who takes their job more seriously
    Edited by theyoungerbrother on November 2, 2018 9:27PM
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    while I agree with the fact that we need some better moderation/admining ingame, your answers are incredibly slanted. To you there's really only two categories, and those are 1) Casuals and 2) People that agree with you and think pvp>everything?
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on November 4, 2018 4:25AM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be a huge waste of time for zos because most people that report other players for “hacking” or “lag switching” are just bad players that don’t understand game mechanics
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @theyoungerbrother I think it will help a lot more if you create even more threads saying the exact same thing in each one.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would welcome it. I enjoy the occasional tactful banter but when people drop racial and sexual slurs at the drop of a hat, that needs to be dealt with. I see this almost every time I play pvp. Those who say cheating is not prevalent are either willfully ignorant or new players. Just last night a ep character stole a scroll from ad and hand delivered it to dc. Before you say I'm biased, I play dc. One person in the dc chat kept spamming " don't attack the scroll runner. " This is just a small taste of the nefarious tactics used in eso pvp. The best part is the scroll runner has figured out how to get scrolls from fully intact keeps and temple gates and has been doing so for at least a year that I'm aware of. Countless reports and threads by multiple people and Zos still does nothing.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    I would welcome it. I enjoy the occasional tactful banter but when people drop racial and sexual slurs at the drop of a hat, that needs to be dealt with. I see this almost every time I play pvp. Those who say cheating is not prevalent are either willfully ignorant or new players. Just last night a ep character stole a scroll from ad and hand delivered it to dc. Before you say I'm biased, I play dc. One person in the dc chat kept spamming " don't attack the scroll runner. " This is just a small taste of the nefarious tactics used in eso pvp. The best part is the scroll runner has figured out how to get scrolls from fully intact keeps and temple gates and has been doing so for at least a year that I'm aware of. Countless reports and threads by multiple people and Zos still does nothing.

Yeah, Vivec chat on Xbox NA is insanely toxic (I saw you in Cyrodil the other day!) and if it weren't a bad tactical move, I'd just disable it in there. I'm pretty tired of the trashcans who do nothing for the campaign, but have plenty of time to sit in Northern Highrock and spam chat with useless e-peen swinging garbage (No wonder we can't win a campaign). The scroll thing is getting nuts as well. I wish I could say I am shocked that they haven't handled it already, but sadly, I'm not.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Count me out.

(then realized, this was a Private Poll)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @theyoungerbrother
    1. What is “lag switching,” and how does one do it?
    2. What is “glitching,” and how does one do it?
    3. They created ignore, chat filters, offline mode, and customizable chat box so you can combat “vulgar trolls.”
    4. Do you have a “safe space” at your job/school?
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see real time referrees for ganking during events involving sewers.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t the game rated mature?
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »

Mainly for drug and sex.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif

rip decibel
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not a casual just dont care about zc

plus if those mods are like the forum ones we wont be able to say anything so nty to censorship (hi mods)
    Edited by ezio45 on December 21, 2018 12:06AM
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Polls like that have no meaning
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy just to be able report text chat by selecting the message.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @theyoungerbrother
    3. They created ignore, chat filters, offline mode, and customizable chat box so you can combat “vulgar trolls.”

I experienced something similar to "lag switch"; however, it was accidental and I was on the beneficial side of it. Basically its disruption from cilent to server with actions from you being performed as normal while at the same time your opponents are either slowed or stopped moving entirely giving you the upperhand.
    I was on EP riding to a keep during the event when AD was attacking and positioned myself on the tower. AD players around me were attacking me but their attacks were one at time and looked as if they were frozen in place at times while I was kiting and killing them with no disruption in motion. It was the first time I experienced being on the beneficial side of lag and then understood how some can have huge advantages in large attacks with hundreds congregated in one keep.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:12PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    @theyoungerbrother

I experienced something similar to "lag switch"; however, it was accidental and I was on the beneficial side of it. Basically its disruption from cilent to server with actions from you being performed as normal while at the same time your opponents are either slowed or stopped moving entirely giving you the upperhand.
    I was on EP riding to a keep during the event when AD was attacking and positioned myself on the tower. AD players around me were attacking me but their attacks were one at time and looked as if they were frozen in place at times while I was kiting and killing them with no disruption in motion. It was the first time I experienced being on the beneficial side of lag and then understood how some can have huge advantages in large attacks with hundreds congregated in one keep.

But this poll is insinuating that lag switching is intentional, which I honestly doubt anyone is doing. Some people do try to exploit a glitch here and there but it’s largely harmless. I was having a laugh at DC zone chat on PC/NA yesterday in Vivec. I couldn’t beleive the number of players all agreeing that certain AD/EP players were cheating just because they couldn’t understand how things work.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care

Yet im no casual
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could use an in game person to message so we don't see the offenders online harassing everyone again the next day while the game developers show off a polished version for $. We pay good $ already there should be someone who takes their job more seriously

This is something Blizzard did right and I miss from WoW. I could put in a ticket about someone cheating and would get a reply in 20-30min, then I would get a follow up later that explained whether the person was actually cheating or not and what was done about it. It always made me feel more confident in the game and I grew to understand the game better through that process.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is something Blizzard did right and I miss from WoW. I could put in a ticket about someone cheating and would get a reply in 20-30min, then I would get a follow up later that explained whether the person was actually cheating or not and what was done about it. It always made me feel more confident in the game and I grew to understand the game better through that process.

This game has such a bad history with cheating that the tin foil hat players would overwhelm the mods. ZOS treats disciplineary actions like the KGB, slow, quiet and brutal. One day read the linked in reviews for ZOS and it tells a pretty clear story
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly for drug and sex.

where to get drug and sex from this game? asking for a friend
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Can't handle the bants go play Skyrim.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly for drug and sex.

where to get drug and sex from this game? asking for a friend

Maelstrom Areana - there is a hidden door just after the last boss on vet
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if these moderators are able to blast ball groups apart that create lag for everyone trying to PVP! Then yea Im in!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glitching yes.
    Trolling and insulting others? No!

There are too many reds on Xbox na who need to be insulted and trolled for the sheer amount stupidity they exuberate.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know how you'd tell the difference between lag-switching and....lag.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know how you'd tell the difference between lag-switching and....lag.

I don't know how you'd tell the difference between glitching, exploiting and poor game design.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to be rude to people running in a 24-48 man ball destroying PVP with LAG. They have almost killed PVP in this game. My guild runs 5 to 8 we have logged off early every night early due to this play style.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
This discussion has been closed.