Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP In Murkmire - Your Early Impressions

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot honestly say as I haven't PvPed again since the patch dropped... but the speed potion changes makes playing my solo healer less enjoyable to play, for sure, as I depended on the speed buff in order not to get ran over, and the enchants bug made me not want to set foot in Cyrodiil at all.

So, all in all I think it's a negative, but I'll wait until they drop the next weekly patch and evaluate it more carefully.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Same old trash. Different dump.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Still all the same bugs and huge lag. Still plenty of proc sets and things that ignore everything making pvp much less about skill, and still more nerfs to solo/smallscale.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Very Positive
    pvp is almost back to where it was before they nerfed the entire game to push out the champion system. I'm not sure what any of you are complaining about. You are all playing a game at based on what ive seen 2/3 the full build potential it was at before they nerfed the entire game to make u grind for 2 yrs to get it back to where it was potential/playstyle wise.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative
    I run in a few small scale groups, as well as in a 10-12 man non cheese ball group. I feel like this meta is killing small scale for sure, as well as making people run in even larger groups than before, for better protection. We go looking for small fights, and end up against 25-30 constantly, many stacking torug's and enchants.

I like the bridge changes, but the enchant changes have really pigeon holed me as a healer.
    I like to heal and DPS, but now I feel like I have to wear 2 defensive sets, and heal my team mates more than usual, making it hard to DPS at all, where as before I was prob 50% heals/50% DPS, 90% of my time is spent healing now.

I hate the change to speed pots/swift, I am ALWAYS in combat, even logging out and logging back in, I use speed pots to stay with group when they can mount and I can't. Yes I know that the actual fighting against speedy opponents can suck. But as someone who usually goes deep into enemy territory looking for smaller fights, I feel that I am spending a lot of time playing Run Simulator.
    Edited by Hexquisite on October 30, 2018 9:03PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    Its the same only i have to rebuild - seems to be moving in a very stamina meta direction.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am loving the changes to my Mag Templar and enjoying the fights I am getting too. A bit of help regarding moments of Lag and random disconnects needs to happen though.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Complete Failure.

Cannot bar swap reliably. Constant teleporting half a map into a hard CC. Weapons disappearing from hands. Potions not firing. Spells not firing. Getting locked in skill animations.

Cannot move. Zero mobility and damage mitigation on stamina.

Every attempt to PvP results in quickly logging off in absolute disgust. Game is dead.

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Very Positive
    Nicalas wrote: »
    Complete Failure.

Cannot bar swap reliably. Constant teleporting half a map into a hard CC. Weapons disappearing from hands. Potions not firing. Spells not firing. Getting locked in skill animations.

Cannot move. Zero mobility and damage mitigation on stamina.

Every attempt to PvP results in quickly logging off in absolute disgust. Game is dead.

Actually the entire game is pop locked right now. Entire game. So not sure about that dead thing.

• Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    Very Positive
    Wrathmane wrote: »
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Very positive to me :

- hell a lot less cancer builds,

- Shield nerf is nice, though skilled sorcs feel stronger than before the nerf :D,

- the new map has offered much more diversity in terms of places of fightning,

- everything feel much more balanced (enchants torug builds will be fixed soon, maybe today even).

I find my mag sorc is stronger than before the patch... I don't know what it is..... I find the shields work fine... maybe not as strong as they were..... the changes to crystal frags was fantastic, I find I hit a hell of a lot harder.

Your frag hits for 1k more. Your shields feel weaker. I don't know what it is but.. You somehow feel stronger? What

I don't know I can't really explain it.... I just feel when I'm playing I keep asking myself.... how the F%^k did I survive that?..or... How the H#%L did I just beat those guys by my self..or.. or How did I just get away from that zerg?

I mean don't get me wrong I used to ask myself these questions before the patch as well, I find I'm just asking them way more often now.... I seem to be dying a lot less and racking up way more kills when I'm running solo than before the patch..... I'm not a numbers crunching guy nor a min/maxer... I just know what I see and what I feel when I'm playing and I don't think it can be skill related, I don't think I've improved that much in one week, and the addition of all of 10 cps can't have mattered that much.....

I'm not complaining mind you
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Playing Mag Sorc in no-CP right now, with the same setup that I was using ~6 months ago, is pretty frustrating. Stamina has been dominant for quite some time, and the shield nerfing made things worse. I could be wrong, but I don't see how Mag Sorc could function well at all in heavy armor, and the survivability in light is quite poor. And that analysis isn't just going by my Mag Sorc, either - killing enemy Sorcs on either my Sorc or Mag Warden is generally not too difficult, and certainly easier than killing most Stamina setups, even if the player behind the keyboard isn't as good as the Sorc.

I don't think the class is "worthless" by any means, and the execute is probably still over the top for Deathmatch Battlegrounds (since team score is solely based on killing blows), but survivability and sustain both need some improvements. If ZOS does decide to implement some changes to Mag Sorc defense, I'd rather see it come in some form other than simply making shields either larger in size or have higher resistances.

Sure, it'd be great if a Hardened Ward didn't get taken out in a single GCD - as can happen pretty often in no CP - but it's a somewhat tedious mechanic at the moment, given that "passive" survivability is so bad. Casting a shield every few seconds while standing at a flag, not in combat, isn't very interesting. Nor is having to preemptively cast them every few seconds in combat while not being targeted...imagine if Stam was forced to dodge roll every time the cost increase from the previous one faded. But if you don't keep shields up constantly, insta-death is by no means outside the realm of possibility.
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    Very Positive
    Magsorc nerfed and stam sorc buffed.

I play Stam Sorc and I'm very happy DW/DW! Shield breaker/sloads was getting old.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Wrathmane wrote: »
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Very positive to me :

- hell a lot less cancer builds,

- Shield nerf is nice, though skilled sorcs feel stronger than before the nerf :D,

- the new map has offered much more diversity in terms of places of fightning,

- everything feel much more balanced (enchants torug builds will be fixed soon, maybe today even).

I find my mag sorc is stronger than before the patch... I don't know what it is..... I find the shields work fine... maybe not as strong as they were..... the changes to crystal frags was fantastic, I find I hit a hell of a lot harder.

Your frag hits for 1k more. Your shields feel weaker. I don't know what it is but.. You somehow feel stronger? What

1k is like 200 on death recap with battle spirit. Oh wait , no one dies to sorcs anymore. Definitely OP.
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Games performance got worse in Murkmire
    FPS spikes got worse, as a player who plays on a Quadcore 6700k @4.20GHz and a 1070GTX I can only ever get 10-20FPS at 7pm :)))
    Game freezes like never before on the PC version
    Casual crashes approx. every 30 minutes in Cyrodiil
    Random loading screens after every flipped keep at primetime
    After every respawn you cannot barswap for approx. 2-5 minutes
    In-Combat bug has still not been fixed
    Lightning staff heavy attacks break cloak
    Sprint bug still present
    Primetime vivec is still unplayable due to the input lag and overall just huge skill delay
    Dodge rolling turns your skills grey for approx. 1-2s
    Sometimes players seem to be teleporting around the map
    Cant reliably light attack weave skills anymore, something seems to be messing up the animations
    Shadow Image bug is still present
    Sometimes skills fire off but dont do any damage(???)
    Skills(especially Incap) hit through dodge roll
    Most single target skills hit through dodge roll when they shouldnt
    Health desync still exists
    Lethal Arrow skill desync still exists and youre casually getting oneshotted by 2 or 3 lethal arrows who seem to hit you all at the same millisecond
    Bow proc sometimes just disappears and doesnt hit your enemy
    Sloads first hit decloak you
    Enchants that proc because of dots are doing damage to you in cloak

Gameplay as a Stamblade improved greatly, no more annoying zerglings spamming Piercing mark, yet any other class feels alot squishier and outhealing any kind of pressure this patch is absolutely impossible due to the strength of unmitgitable damage sources like Bleeds or Oblivion damage, last patch you could outrun and LoS your enemies but this patch that isnt possible anymore
    Players who build tanky still do insane amounts of damage due to these mechanics, not to mention all of these sets and dots can be stacked
    Major Defile and the Befoul CP passive are still overperforming
    Sustain issues are still present in the game across PvE and PvP
    Edited by TheRealSniker on November 8, 2018 11:03PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Skills(especially Incap) hit through dodge roll
    This!
    Meanwhile dawnbreakers keep appearing on the backside of milk cartons more and more.

- easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Lag is worse.

Ball group trash play is about the same (a lot of those groups are basically unkillable now).

I main a Mag Sorc, shield is slightly bigger but its gone in seconds.

I run out of magicka trying to land a decent hit on a NB. Usually my skills won't even go off while trying to finish them off.

Magicka recovery is crap. I run Dark Deal on front bar now cause 2k recovery is a joke and I have to give ground in most fights using invis pots cause I can't continue to battle with no magicka.

I used to be able to Streak through ball groups to interrupt them, now I just die instantly (shield crit).

Too few sets to use, I'm SO SICK AND TIRED of there basically being one/two good sets and being forced to shield stack. This game was supposed to be about hybrids now its basically "get this gear and play this way or you're not competitive.")

Stam builds seem to eat magicka damage like candy meanwhile magicka builds can't take any kind of physical damage. There seems to be a ton of high burst, high sustain Stam builds and little to no magicka options for high sustain (unless you wanna farm lich which I don't)

It's off my list for games for 2019.

After this current Vivec NA campaign I'm gone.

Edited by MetalHead4x4 on November 1, 2018 7:59AM
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Bad.

Enchant changes. Nightblades top by a country mile. Many classes just boring to play. Braindead easy zergling mechanics still encouraged. Exception mechanics instead of balancing (bleeds, oblivion, unreflectables, random unblockable/dodgables) CP is handled terribly and just a stat dump. Performance sucks. BG queues and premades suck. Instead of balancing speed in comparison to other mechanics they just removed 75% of it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Every patch you expect that it cant get worse but somehow zos manages to make it even worse... it is impressive.

Atleast red dead redemption is fun.. now if only a good mmo would release i could go play that.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    I'm trying to figure out recent lag in Cyrodiil with seemingly no huge fights going on. 10v10 maybe largest I saw last night.

I also thought they were supposed to make break free more reliable? Was on top of a NB and keeping him out of stealth and I was full health and stam while he was about 40% and I thought I had him. He then stunned me and I'm sitting there mashing break free but ate the entire stun. Finally able to react at about 20% health and see the KB hit me. This is really nothing to do with class, just being unable to count on important mechanics.

I see a ton of DKs. Not sure where that fits on the bleed and enchant meta. Maybe more to do with lack of mobility so people turtling up more?

I went with neutral because as much as I or anyone else can cry foul of any these changes; what's our control/baseline? I'd assume every other patch so neutral is just status quo.
    Edited by technohic on November 1, 2018 11:09AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Negative
    Havent logged in, in a while
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    I main a stamnb so I don't feel the enchant changes so much. But tbh, if I usually play 3 classes, this patch I have no intention to hop on my stamplar or magplar. *** those enchants, *** not having cloak in murkmire.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    My magicka toons are currently benched as I figure out how to deal with the fact that my shields feel like wet tissue paper right now (and the Healing Ward initial heal nerf is affecting me a lot more than I expected it to), but I enjoy the terrain changes and my stamina toons are currently pretty beastly, so... net neutral, I guess?

Would prefer more parity between magicka and stamina, though.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth impressions are "Can I get the $%&#! out of combat please."

My seventh is: "Can my alliance uses their brains first to decide if it would be advantageous to destroy a bridge/milegate before mindlessly deploying siege."
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    My first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth impressions are "Can I get the $%&#! out of combat please."

My seventh is: "Can my alliance uses their brains first to decide if it would be advantageous to destroy a bridge/milegate before mindlessly deploying siege."

To answer your seventh question:

No. No, they cannot. If they couldn't figure out "don't take resources before you flag a keep," something I know no Alliance has properly figured out yet, then that's straight out of the question.

Just enjoy watching Alessia bridge collapse for the 17th time, preferably with people on it. That's what I do.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed and snare immunity has been dumpstered. The Zergs are empowered
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral

They'll figure it out as soon as they figure out when to press with you rather than sit back light attacking at range or spamming snipe
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative
    Irylia wrote: »
    Speed and snare immunity has been dumpstered. The Zergs are empowered

can confirm outnumbered PvP is dead now for majority of classes. No amount of changes can turn this back, the speed was essential.

Now the game is in such a state that zergs can literally light attack spam to kill small groups.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 2, 2018 3:04AM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Negative

can confirm outnumbered PvP is dead now for majority of classes. No amount of changes can turn this back, the speed was essential.

Now the game is in such a state that zergs can literally light attack spam to kill small groups.

The speed was quite essential, but small scale isn’t dead...just much harder. You really wanna have a magplar in any composition now.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative
    Huge imbalance. Magicka classes without proc sets can barely scratch my stam den in heavy. Good stamblades on other hand do so much damage to me coupled with major defile coupled with cp heal reduction that healing does not help at all.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive
    If they can sort out the lag and do a little more on the enchant procs, I think it's overall positive.

I'm now able to kite again on my magsorc. I can be a true ranged class. Yay!

Shield aren't really weaker when built properly, yet people can't complain about them ignoring their impen and crits anymore. Yay!

I no longer explode when ganked with a shield down. Yay!.

There are definitely downsides too, but I'm in a happy place.
    Edited by Biro123 on November 2, 2018 9:08AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.