Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is best set to pair with torugs for stamplar

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gonna nerf glyphs to not proc of dot in an incremental patch.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We're on console, so we won't see that patch for another 2-3 months. He's got plenty of time to be cancerous.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

We're on console, so we won't see that patch for another 2-3 months. He's got plenty of time to be cancerous.

Lol my bad. Will it really take that long?
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 31, 2018 9:04PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol my bad. Will it really take that long?

Yeah, something to do with the approval process of patches on Xbox. From what I understand Microsoft makes them pay extra to push patches faster, and Zos is too cheap to pay, so we wait. That might just be hearsay, but it's how I understand it.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    If you’re abusing Torugs on a Stamplar, you will be banished from the Order of the Templar. Because at that point you are no longer a Stamplar, but rather a despicable glyphmancer.

Please forgive me Arya, I only do so because my 400 ping in prime time doesn't allow me to do anything but be more of an AP donation than usual!
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    If you’re abusing Torugs on a Stamplar, you will be banished from the Order of the Templar. Because at that point you are no longer a Stamplar, but rather a despicable glyphmancer.

Please forgive me Arya, I only do so because my 400 ping in prime time doesn't allow me to do anything but be more of an AP donation than usual!

Don't worry Elong - Arya is used to playing with me so knows the limitations we Kiwis have ping-wise so may see fit to grant you a dispensation!
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    An offensive cheese like torugs is paired best with a defensive cheese like blessed meridia.

I’m running skoria / master DW / torug / blessed meridia backbar (bow) on my stamblade.

It’s a cheese build for a cheese class. I’d never put that garbage on my stamplar though because unlike stamblade, stamplar is actually a respectable class that requires actual effort to PvP well on.

How are those Jabs working for you post-yesterday's incremental?

Actually running torugs pact is a very bad idea, if you consider yourself a good PvPer. It will just ruin your reputation.

(Btw a good PvPer should have realized, that jabs work normally if you weave in between)

For the folks that enjoy talking crap Liam is universally thought of as the top stamplar on Xbox NA.

Since when? I've never heard of him. I mean, no offense, and I'm sure he's great and all, but I spend 99% of my time in Cyrodil running with a pretty wide variety of people, and I've never run into him that I can remember.

i spend about 99% of my time in cyro and ive never heard of you.

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An offensive cheese like torugs is paired best with a defensive cheese like blessed meridia.

I’m running skoria / master DW / torug / blessed meridia backbar (bow) on my stamblade.

It’s a cheese build for a cheese class. I’d never put that garbage on my stamplar though because unlike stamblade, stamplar is actually a respectable class that requires actual effort to PvP well on.

Actually running torugs pact is a very bad idea, if you consider yourself a good PvPer. It will just ruin your reputation.

(Btw a good PvPer should have realized, that jabs work normally if you weave in between)

For the folks that enjoy talking crap Liam is universally thought of as the top stamplar on Xbox NA.

Obviously it's not universal. Plus it sounds like he runs cheese so that immediately negates every kill he gets.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously it's not universal. Plus it sounds like he runs cheese so that immediately negates every kill he gets.

lol. i meant universal to the good players on xbox. what platform do you play on?

• CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It’s ok bro you’re good, I’m just joking around lol. Besides you play a magplar right? Running Torugs on a magplar isn’t like blasphemous or out of the question. But the only reason someone would run Torugs on a stam build is to cheese glyphs.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s ok bro you’re good, I’m just joking around lol. Besides you play a magplar right? Running Torugs on a magplar isn’t like blasphemous or out of the question. But the only reason someone would run Torugs on a stam build is to cheese glyphs.

I'm playing stamplar at the moment on my Breton cos I needed a change of pace but I will probably go back Magplar soon. I have never played cheese on ESO ever, in fact my fav builds are hybrids, but I've wanted to see the hype over the enchant cheese. And it's disgusting. I feel dirty playing with it. I don't be doing it for long.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't worry Elong - Arya is used to playing with me so knows the limitations we Kiwis have ping-wise so may see fit to grant you a dispensation!

Haha I haven't seen you log in for a bit mate but since they started sending data thru Hong Kong and the Netherlands it's been worse than ever.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the enchant changes Gilliam announced would be implemented next week (hypothetically), then it would not come to console with the murkmire release with an incremental very soon after? I mean they already brought the first fix very fast, so that will be fast on console too?

Edit: If weaving does work so badly on console, then torugs will be useless pretty soon. The effectiveness it has atm on PC is already reduced, if you do not weave.
    Edited by Checkmath on November 1, 2018 8:43AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the enchant changes Gilliam announced would be implemented next week (hypothetically), then it would not come to console with the murkmire release with an incremental very soon after? I mean they already brought the first fix very fast, so that will be fast on console too?

Edit: If weaving does work so badly on console, then torugs will be useless pretty soon. The effectiveness it has atm on PC is already reduced, if you do not weave.

Those fixes to channeled abilities as well as the enchant balancing change probably will not come to console until the first incremental, 3 weeks after the release of murkmire. Unfortunatley, the jabs bug is a separate issue from the channel bug. We probably won't see a fix until next patch at this point..

However, since they nerfed the glyphs I will no longer be crafting torugs. @every salty boi in this thread
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Since when? I've never heard of him. I mean, no offense, and I'm sure he's great and all, but I spend 99% of my time in Cyrodil running with a pretty wide variety of people, and I've never run into him that I can remember.

i spend about 99% of my time in cyro and ive never heard of you.

That's because I stay out of area chat and I'm only average :) I do pay attention though...

Also, I primarily play on a healer in PvP, so if I kill you enough for you to remember me, something is seriously wrong. Be glad you don't know me.
    Edited by p00tx on November 1, 2018 4:44PM
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why people are running a spell damage set on Stamplar? Don't they mainly rely on Weapon damage? Is it for the 5th Item of the set?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one entity that gets to decide what is cheese. Its zos. If it's in game it's fair game. You want to think ur moral code is better in a video game go ahead.

I will keep packing people up with it and enjoying my useless AP. If u are solo u need to kill fast to survive and actually kill people. If some players think something is cheese and dont use a specific build go ahead.

But a lot of is could care less what you deem cheese. I think shield stacking and tank builds are dumb but I dont call them cheese. I adapt and kill them. The adjusted enchants already after looking at them. Perfectly balanced now. Lol

But you enjoy your moral code and I will enjoy my victories until ZOS says its cheese and changes it.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    There is only one entity that gets to decide what is cheese. Its zos. If it's in game it's fair game. You want to think ur moral code is better in a video game go ahead.

I will keep packing people up with it and enjoying my useless AP. If u are solo u need to kill fast to survive and actually kill people. If some players think something is cheese and dont use a specific build go ahead.

But a lot of is could care less what you deem cheese. I think shield stacking and tank builds are dumb but I dont call them cheese. I adapt and kill them. The adjusted enchants already after looking at them. Perfectly balanced now. Lol

But you enjoy your moral code and I will enjoy my victories until ZOS says its cheese and changes it.

Except ZOS has explicitly said its broken and are fixing how single target dots interact with glyphs. Refer to Gilliam’s dev post earlier this week. That’s what makes it different from something like sloads. Sloads was cheese but legitimate. Glyphmancy is straight exploiting. But yes, the blame is on zos. Can’t blame players for using broke stuff the devs allowed into the game.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Unironically, the same people that believe there is no cheese aren't the ones that try and run the most powerful things to get an edge when fighting outnumbered-
    but the people who will chase down one person across the map with the help of their faction because they couldn't get the kill any other way.
    It's always funny finding people defending things like the current infused glyph meta because it carries their inability to perform in PvP otherwise.

have fun while it lasts.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 1, 2018 10:53PM
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because I stay out of area chat and I'm only average :) I do pay attention though...

Also, I primarily play on a healer in PvP, so if I kill you enough for you to remember me, something is seriously wrong. Be glad you don't know me.

Ok I watched some of your clips. Now I know why I've never heard of you.

We play for the same faction and you run in large groups. We tend to stay out of the main hotspots. Usually at a resource or Alessia bridge.
    Edited by montiferus on November 2, 2018 3:08PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok I watched some of your clips. Now I know why I've never heard of you.

We play for the same faction and you run in large groups. We tend to stay out of the main hotspots. Usually at a resource or Alessia bridge.

Yeah, during prime time I run with my guild, and we're usually medium to large. Off hours on weekends are when I hit the outskirts by myself or a couple of friends, but I don't clip that stuff because no one wants to see clips of a healer waving her hands at people. Most of my clips are just of the various buggy things that happen so I have proof when I whine about things, or just goofy stuff.

I've seen you around in there, but I'm usually behind you, launching Mutagen or Combat Prayer your way.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like, just not running Torug any more correct?

:tongue:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried Torugs with viper and troll king but I'm still dead in seconds in BGs
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    We have removed several comments from this thread that were either Insulting, Offensive, Baiting, Off-Topic, or otherwise not constructive to the conversation. Please remain on topic and keep it civil.

Please take the time to review the Community Rules so we can all enjoy this forum, thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    2x masters axes infused back bar
    1x nirn clever alch maul front
    3pc clever on the body
    2pc torug on the body
    3pc torug jewelry
    2pc monster set of your choice, bloodspawn probably bis

4 tri stat glyphs on the body
    1 triune WD, 1 robust WD, 1 infused WD glyph
    All impen
    Steed mundus
    Redguard
    Lava foot soup and saltrice

I'm gonna put that on my plar if they dont fix the glyph stuff on the first incremental, because that means itll be around until next patch. Might even drop jabs for crushing weapon if they dont fix jabs. Tbh I'm not too confident the class will be at all playable on console come murkmire, so the cheesier the build the better. Those glyphs + bleeds are going to power up your POTL so easily itll be a joke, so you won't need the pressure from jabs as much to fill it up (definitely still use jabs if they work though, I'm just working off the observation that they're completley broken).

Enjoy cheesing people down on a build that still has great sustain and non-cheese damage, in addition to the strongest cheese available

Hey now I don’t have to buy your build from you, thanks man @Liam12548

Jk
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x masters axes infused back bar
    1x nirn clever alch maul front
    3pc clever on the body
    2pc torug on the body
    3pc torug jewelry
    2pc monster set of your choice, bloodspawn probably bis

4 tri stat glyphs on the body
    1 triune WD, 1 robust WD, 1 infused WD glyph
    All impen
    Steed mundus
    Redguard
    Lava foot soup and saltrice

I'm gonna put that on my plar if they dont fix the glyph stuff on the first incremental, because that means itll be around until next patch. Might even drop jabs for crushing weapon if they dont fix jabs. Tbh I'm not too confident the class will be at all playable on console come murkmire, so the cheesier the build the better. Those glyphs + bleeds are going to power up your POTL so easily itll be a joke, so you won't need the pressure from jabs as much to fill it up (definitely still use jabs if they work though, I'm just working off the observation that they're completley broken).

Enjoy cheesing people down on a build that still has great sustain and non-cheese damage, in addition to the strongest cheese available

Hey now I don’t have to buy your build from you, thanks man @Liam12548

Jk

XD my builds are on the forums. If someone legit asks for help ingame I'll help, but if I just get a message that says "build" or "what's build", I respond with something like "250k".
    Edited by React on November 3, 2018 1:10PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ShadowProc

http://imgur.com/a/pcXpRu8

Wow, faster than I expected.
    I almost kind of feel bad that zos took away such a huge damage crutch.
    Don't worry though there is plenty of material on YouTube to show you how to play nightblade.