Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Knight-Errant's Mail and PVP

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First off, I am not well-versed in PVP. I primarily play PVE, with the eye that I will eventually do more and more PVP as it is fun.

With that information, as I accumulate sets in PVE, I keep a good number that I know (or think) will be useful in PVP. This set appears to have very little utility in PVE, yet looks like it would work well in PVP:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina

(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(5 items) Adds 200 Weapon Damage to your One Hand and Shield abilities. When you use a One Hand and Shield ability, you heal for 1250 Health.

A heavy set that buffs health, stamina, weapon damage, and heals with use of abilities seems like its perfect for a PVP stam DD build. Am I missing something? Or are there other sets out there that outperform this one? I don't want to keep trash nor do I want to throw out a good set.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often do you use your One Hand and Shield abilities compared to something like 7th Legion, which has a chance to proc a heal/weapon damage when you take damage?

I mean, I'm sure Knight Errant is fine for certain builds/situations, but I think you'd have to spam 1H&S abilities to really see the benefit.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Half the heals from battle spirit. Also consider how many skills it will buff, and how often they get used.

Possible for a niche build.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time a while back where heavy armor builds using 1h/shield could do some ridiculous damage wearing this set, even before the proc set debacle(s), but I think those days are mostly gone. Virtually all non-archer Stam builds in Battlegrounds are running 2h and/or dual wield right now, with 1h/shield being mostly relegated to healers and some Mag DKs.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    There was a time a while back where heavy armor builds using 1h/shield could do some ridiculous damage wearing this set, even before the proc set debacle(s), but I think those days are mostly gone. Virtually all non-archer Stam builds in Battlegrounds are running 2h and/or dual wield right now, with 1h/shield being mostly relegated to healers and some Mag DKs.

Ahh, that clears things up. I saw a few articles talking about PVP and sword and board. Didn't know if they were still viable.

Appreciate everyone's feedback. Looks like I can clear some inventory.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you do with this set is combine it with cost reduction enchantments on the accessories to lower puncture down to a cost around 983 stam. Then use dubious camoran throne to increase your stamina recovery along with the infused weapons and leach stamina enchantment. This turns puncture into a near free to use skill. You would just have to pair the set with another offensive 5 piece set and monster set to increase the damage output. I don’t have any suggestions on what to combine it with, mainly because it highly depends your play style, class, and what race you plan on using.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it's just not worth it. The heal is useful but only when offensive really and very small, and the dmg is very low on already low damage abilties. You could just equip seventh and it would be better. I mean it wouldn't be bad, getting some extra healing and doing something like ransack, llight attack, bash combo would be decent but I think the set is just weak compared to other options.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on October 31, 2018 7:48PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve always wanted to try this set with masters sword and board, agility jewelry, and blood spawn on a stam DK. Probably wouldn’t be particularly competitive but it always seems interesting and I think about it every time I’m farming bone pirate again and get one of these pieces.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I’ve always wanted to try this set with masters sword and board, agility jewelry, and blood spawn on a stam DK. Probably wouldn’t be particularly competitive but it always seems interesting and I think about it every time I’m farming bone pirate again and get one of these pieces.

Hahaha. That's exactly what prompted my question. And of course it drops in Impenetrable nearly all of the time. Got a full set in purple and Impen with an axe and the special shield in 3 runs. Felt like I was getting a solid PVP set gifted to me from on high. Knew it was too good to be true.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it would rock pairing it with Master Sword and then choosing another set that procs on your back bar.

Not sure for the monster set though.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we were in 1T times, I'd say slap it on your StamDK S&B frontbar, put vMA 2H on your backbar and run it with 7th Legion and Bloodspawn. That what I did and it worked wonders.
    But because we are in Murkmire times, I d advise to decon those pieces for mats to get the most benefits from this dungeon set.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing great about this set is that HA/Spammable will proc the heal twice, which is no small amount.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    It used to be great back in the day paired with pre-nerf tremorscale
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    used to be viable when sword and board was the go to weapon for PvP.. Not anymore though. Even if you go for a sword&board DD build in PvP, there are better sets.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 1, 2018 12:56AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My DK was running 1H+S + 2H during Summerset. While I have been focusing on other classes, a friend had much success with the same build, and I have been wrecked by some DKs running similar builds. It is certainly strong 1v1.

The damage of a 1H+S build comes from LA / ability / bash weaving and using Reverberating Bash as a CC and debuff. The damage output is surprisingly strong, even when the tooltip on Ransack is low and your stats look like crap. Do not underestimate the bash weaving and the Ransack penetration buff. Add Venomous Claw on DK, or run Heroic Slash + Noxious Breath as an alternatve.

I've been running Fortified Brass + Shacklebreaker + Troll King, 7 medium. Shacklebreaker to get some Wings sustain. My friend alternatively used Selene to up the damage. With the nerf to Swift, I switched to Steed this patch. Speed is/was always a part of this build so you could stay on top of enemies while pressuring them on the 1H+S bar, before bursting with Take Flight / Execute on the 2H bar.

Like the others, I don't think Knight Errant is a good PvP set. I don't think the heal was ever much to write home about in PvP. I prefer medium for the sprint speed and dodge cost reduction. For me personally, combining medium with a defensive set, like Brass, always comes out ahead in terms of enjoyment. For heavy, aside from 7th Legion, I have heard Ravager recommended, if you are running an LA / ability / bash rotation.
    Edited by fred4 on November 2, 2018 3:43PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the set for tanking 4-man dungeons without a healer, but the heal is barely noticeable in PvP and it certainly won't help you recover from burst damage. If you pair it with Master's SnB (heal on Puncture) it might be decent in group play, but even still I think there are much better options available.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useless set. Back when the proc heal could crit it was at least usable, nowadays it's just junk. Got it as bycatch when farming Bone Pirate, deconstructed every piece I got. There are much better alternatives if you want a heavy armor offensive set:
    Veiled Heritance, Ravager, Seventh Legion and Warrior's Fury all boast higher weapon damage that apply to all your offensive skills as well as heals, instead of a handful of skills from 1H+S which aren't really high damage to begin with.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I like the set for tanking 4-man dungeons without a healer, but the heal is barely noticeable in PvP and it certainly won't help you recover from burst damage. If you pair it with Master's SnB (heal on Puncture) it might be decent in group play, but even still I think there are much better options available.

I've had a couple people say this. I know its not a trials set as its a "selfish" tank set. But I see it may have some use in PUG dungeons. Again, thank you everyone for the help