Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decreasing Attributes from Beginner to lvl 50+ ?

Zagareth
Zagareth
Soul Shriven
I made me a character: Nord, Dragonknight and with lvl 3 and no set Attributepoints completely naked, I got the following Attributes:
(my client isnt in english, so it might be different words in the english client, but I hope you get what I mean...)
Max. Magika: 14978 (Regeneration: 811)
Max. Live: 17535 (Regeneration: 536)
Max. Stamina: 14978 (Regeneration: 811)
All together: 47491 points, 2158 Regenerationpoints

The same Charakter with Level 50 CP 20 (naked)
Max. Magika: 10068 (Regeneration: 583) (+10 Points Magika)
Max. Leben: 14797 (Regeneration: 542 (+29 Points Live)
Max. Ausdauer: 12586 (Regeneration: 583) (+25 Points Stamina)
All together: 37451 points, 1708 Regenerationpoints

Is that normal that you get 10k less points at all with a 47 lvl higher character and even the regeneration is much less??? Keep in mind, the character is naked... in both cases.
Of course, I know a character will be better when he wears armor and stuff, but still.... you level all attributes up and still get less than a beginner... sounds wrong...

Best Answers

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is normal. Low level characters are battle scaled to CP160 since all mobs in the game are CP160. The scaling starts very strong and slowly deteriorates as you level up.
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that is normal. You get carried when you're lower level. This is extremely evident when powerleveling a new character. At the beginning you'll have 20k+ hp, and then once you get 50 (granted, I have max CP) it goes down to like 14k.
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is normal. Lowbie characters are buffed that decreases as they level.

Once they hit lvl 50 that buff it completely removed and CP takes over. As the character/account gains CP they will become stronger again.
    Answer ✓
  • Zagareth
    Zagareth
    Soul Shriven
    Royaji wrote: »
    Yes, that is normal. Low level characters are battle scaled to CP160 since all mobs in the game are CP160. The scaling starts very strong and slowly deteriorates as you level up.

So that means, at lvl 50 CP0 it the worst stats that you can get and starting with CPs you'll become better again and beyond CP160 you become better than a beginner, but with some kind of shifted attributes depending where you set all the points (CPs and attributes)?
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is, my friend, the whole point of this game.. to confuse the sht out of new players so they come to forums or find guild to get stuff explained and become the part of community, start everlasting friendships and never leave.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zagareth wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

So that means, at lvl 50 CP0 it the worst stats that you can get and starting with CPs you'll become better again and beyond CP160 you become better than a beginner, but with some kind of shifted attributes depending where you set all the points (CPs and attributes)?

That is correct. As you start gaining CP, you start getting increases to your base magic/stam/health. So yes, a lvl 50 with 0 CP is probably the worst place to be!
  • Zagareth
    Zagareth
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all, this pretty much anwers a lot...
    But still another noob question in this matter:
    Now I got a lvl 50 and unlocked the champion system for all other characters of my account and I see that I got the same CPs on these characters (all with actually 26 points able to set)

So are my low lvl characters now only buffed with CP160 - 26 (internally CP134) and when I set my 26 points in the champion system Im already equalized again with CP160? And Im obviously able now to gain CPs with every character for the whole account?

Who ever thought out this system coudn't make it more complicated....
    Edited by Zagareth on October 31, 2018 12:58PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that battle levelling is for your stats like health and magica. If you wear gear at a similar level to your character, your stats should remain somewhere near a similar level. Ie if you are wearing level 30 year instead of cp10 gear then you will notice a difference.