Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I will never let a character hit level 50

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    Who is At’avar?

@max_only NPC who appears in one of the Group Dungeons as part of that dingeon's quest; Spindelclutch IIRC.

Huh, I never get a chance to read what Spindleclutch is about and I have 6 max level characters. Maybe that’s why I have no idea who that is.

this is what I mean when I grumble about not being able to do the stories. how many people don't realize that all those 1 and 2 dungeons actualy have continuing story? 2 is not just set in the same area, it literally continues the story started in 1. there are some very fascinating stories in dungeons, and in that particular one you deal with among other things - father trying to rescue his son.. and be too late for it.. after a fashion (I've never been able to tell him to give up on his kid though - that's who at'avar is - kid of the dude you are following through the dungeon. I always tell him to give him a chance that just becasue his kid is not the same, doesn't mean he is a monster that needs to be put down. never been able to pick another option, but that's just me)

I can solo some of the dungeons, but not others and not on every character. I wish I could repeat those stories on my main, I wish I didn't have to stick to the pace of the group.

I kinda get both sides of this. I get playing for the story, slowing down and smelling the roses. but I also get enjoying the chasing power aspect of ESO. there is only one wrong way to play this game - and that is being a jerk to other people. everything else? you do you.

so I won't judge people who skip the story and I won't judge people who love every little bit of it. I'm just a little confused I guess by the "I'm never letting my character hit 50" insistence, when the game is deliberately designed to allow you to continue playing at your pace, long past that.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you hit cp level the game doesn’t just end you know. You can still play through as you are now and continue to level.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    To each their own.

If you are looking for a challenge in this game, be it in PvP or PvE, then rushing through the quest so you can get to that challenge beats listening to what every NPC has to say.

Not strictly true. As if you stay lower level more of the game is a challenge.

By rushing to cap the only PvE that's a challenge is the last 1% achievements.

Staying out of or low CP means way more of the game is. I.e. World bossies, general quests, craglorn.

Can you do nMA at Level 10, vet as close to 10CP etc etc

I slow leveled on EU and loved it, became disenchanted with 'end games pve so went PVP and love it, but most PvEers i know ground skyreach and now moan there's no end game content

Conversly on NA I'm enjoying leveling again and doing it all again and actually L1-49 PvP / BG are busy scraps!!

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand the point of this thread and statement.

So are you going to stop doing quests or fighting? Because there are little ways to stop gaining xp, unless you stop playing.

You can play this game as you like, you do not need to rush anything. You can do quests in your pace, even do print screens of the conversations if you want to save them :) I also dislike when I am new to a dungeon, there is a quest, and I don't have time to read what the story is. But you can join a guild and do this content with people like you, so you can enjoy the content.

The CP system is not to blame in this case, really. There is non-CP content as well, such as PvP. You can reset your CP if you find fights to easy. You can even equip white level 1 gear if you want more difficulty. So don't blame it on the CP.

And finally, I feel a slight attack in your rant, towards high CP players, because we kill stuff quickly or we do end game content. So? How does bother your game experience? Can't you enjoy the solo content because end game pvp/pve-rs? Join a casual guild and do content with casual players. But I think you are not playing the right game, since you come up with rants like this.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    To each their own.

If you are looking for a challenge in this game, be it in PvP or PvE, then rushing through the quest so you can get to that challenge beats listening to what every NPC has to say.

Not strictly true. As if you stay lower level more of the game is a challenge.

By rushing to cap the only PvE that's a challenge is the last 1% achievements.

Staying out of or low CP means way more of the game is. I.e. World bossies, general quests, craglorn.

Can you do nMA at Level 10, vet as close to 10CP etc etc

I slow leveled on EU and loved it, became disenchanted with 'end games pve so went PVP and love it, but most PvEers i know ground skyreach and now moan there's no end game content

Conversly on NA I'm enjoying leveling again and doing it all again and actually L1-49 PvP / BG are busy scraps!!

Same, on my sixth character and I’m leveling him through Battlegrounds. It’s great. I never thought I’d like pvp.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bethsheba wrote: »
    Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time? Don't get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it won't ever get rolled back or changed and even with a level 10 character I find the fights as I go through questing content to be too easy, and that is without any cp on any character, it's just a vanilla character. I stay for the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, and even though I have been here for years, I still haven't even done any of the the dlc content, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
    But, yeah, if hitting cp levels means this type of content becomes even less of a challenge than it already is, sorry Beth's characters, I will kill you off before you reach 50.

Why not both?

I have 1 character for reading quests and taking my time. The rest are end game characters for Trials and such.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to realize that quite a few of us have been here since beta. When I first started my characters, I listened to all the dialog, followed the storyline, and took my time leveling my characters just as you did. By the time I reached my 4th character, we still didn’t have much in the way of new content except Craglorn. So it was the same old content and questline. You think I’m going to sit there and listen to all the dialog again and again completely? Much of it I’ve memorized already.

So now I have 11 characters and since I hate grinding more than I do questing, yeah, I’m going to go through the questline and killing everything in sight with the speed of the Flash just so I can get the damn thing done :)
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    #gatekeeping