Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ignore resistance

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
If stamina gets bleeds which ignore resistances & ZOS wants to leave that in the game...

WHERE is my “blood magic” that ignores resistances!?!?!?
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    If stamina gets bleeds which ignore resistances & ZOS wants to leave that in the game...

Technically it should be oblivion dmg, but...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage is not comparable to bleeding, since it only comes from sets and enchants, which are for every class and spec. Probably the thing coming closest to bleeds is burning, since it is also kind of a proc, so it is free damage.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Oblivion damage is not comparable to bleeding, since it only comes from sets and enchants, which are for every class and spec. Probably the thing coming closest to bleeds is burning, since it is also kind of a proc, so it is free damage.

So make burning ignore resists? My mdk approves of this!
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as all the magicka weapons and abilities are melee ranged.. you don't expect to apply bleeds from 30 meters away are you?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    As soon as all the magicka weapons and abilities are melee ranged.. you don't expect to apply bleeds from 30 meters away are you?

Why not? Do people not bleed when you shoot them?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 0 resis against a magicka build anyways, so give them bleeds and give stamina an equivalent of Ele Drain in exchange (:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 0 resis against a magicka build anyways, so give them bleeds and give stamina an equivalent of Ele Drain in exchange (:

Isn't that pierce armour? I'd love a cheap spammable that did reasonable damage and applied a strong debuff on my sorc'!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

by that logic, 1 Reverse slice from a 1.5 meter long 2H sword should insta kill anyone :P
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

by that logic, 1 Reverse slice from a 1.5 meter long 2H sword should insta kill anyone :P

Yep. I don't get how that supports your argument on ranged bleeds though..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all know ZOS heavily favors stamina.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infused bow backbar with stamina steal glyph, Poison Injection.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should increase the penetration of destro passive to 15%-20%.

But then again destro let's you havea 20% chance to proc status effects with force pulse something stamina doesn't have.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Melee you say? I believe the only melee magicka dots belong to DK. Shall we make them ignore resists?

Trust me I don't think you want that, and take them away from stam.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

We all know ZOS heavily favors stamina.

technically ZoS has been fairly balanced. 2 years of mag cloth domination and 2 years of stamina being superior in some archtypes while having some players in god mode mag builds ambiently dmging the entire map.
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    when cancer bleeds...
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • dassneakereb17_ESO
    dassneakereb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    learn difference between phys dot and bleed
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, logic dictates that one cannot deter the effect of extreme hotness, shocks and frost with mere piece of armor. It also says that bleeding should not be possible against HA with 0 flesh showing because... how would an axe make someone bleed to death when it hits heavily armored opponents? Fire will make every clothes to burn while making metal too hot to endure. Shock, you cannot deter much as well. Frost, you can only layer your clothes so much when trying not to gimp your movement... I like the sound of ignoring resists for magicka. :grin:
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Checkmath

I had thought fire damage was affected by resistance. Am I wrong about that? If that is the case then it is not close at all to bleeds in the context OP is talking about.

Granted, you are deemed one or the more knowledgeable ones here which is why I inquire.

Edit: also, bleeds themselves are not kind of procs. While some sets may proc bleeds, the original, and most used bleeds, come from actual skills such as Twin Slashes and axes back when they were guaranteed to leave a bleed.
    Edited by idk on October 29, 2018 3:56AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@Checkmath

I had thought fire damage was affected by resistance. Am I wrong about that? If that is the case then it is not close at all to bleeds in the context OP is talking about.

Granted, you are deemed one or the more knowledgeable ones here which is why I inquire.

Edit: also, bleeds themselves are not kind of procs. While some sets may proc bleeds, the original, and most used bleeds, come from actual skills such as Twin Slashes and axes back when they were guaranteed to leave a bleed.

@idk

I never said, that burning ignores resistances. I only said, that it comes the closest to bleeds, since its a proc from fire damage abilities similar to bleed, since bleed is either a skill (cleave or rending slash) or a proc from swinging axes. I only compared it regarding as a proc and therefore free damage, since there is no other magicka damage proc with free damage and oblivion damage is bound to a glyph. Also is oblivion damage accessible to everyone and does not favor magicka or stamina, since it does not scale.

So summarized, I only mentioned burning as the closest to bleeds, because it is free damage and can proc similar to bleeds, I did not mention anything from ignoring resistances.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understand, but in the context of the OP it is not comparable. It seems by you reply you understand that.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Add a fourth type of Destro staff. Call it Oblivion or Blood magic and make all oblivion damage scale with spell damage like bleeds scale with phyical damage. However, max range on damaging skills of 20 meters with damage increasing the closer you are to the target.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make frost damage ignore crit restistance...
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crit resist is too important to pvp, if a change like this went through I'd immediately racechange my warden to altmer and run frost clench as my spammable.

My crit damage CP would bypass the crit resist CP as well as all of the impenetrable gear that the person would be wearing, it'd be a bloodbath.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on October 30, 2018 1:57PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Burning=poison
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crit resist is too important to pvp, if a change like this went through I'd immediately racechange my warden to altmer and run frost clench as my spammable.

My crit damage CP would bypass the crit resist CP as well as all of the impenetrable gear that the person would be wearing, it'd be a bloodbath.

i agree that suggestion is too much.

Beside ice staff is fine, it's just not a BIS pve tank weapon so it gets ALOT of hate lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But without the bleeding! :wink:
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There aren't that many sources of frost damage and several of them are further-weakened by the fact that they scale with max health, and it would allow frost damage to be more meaningful. Considering you could still mitigate it with spell resistance and cP, I don't think it would be much different than bleed damage.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loool