Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – April 19, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – April 19, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599

Where do these issues that so many people complain about come from?

  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting a bug often recently. When tanking dungeons my sword, and shield disappear. This makes it look as I am blocking with my forearm, and hitting enemies with my fist.

    It is hilarious. Not all bugs are bad.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on October 30, 2018 3:53PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the bugs we find after a patch or DLC is added are quite obvious to those that do a lot of dungeon content. Besides that we usually test our various characters to find what is and isn't working correctly and post.

    This last DLC was /is extremely bug ridden. Won't go into all of that since there are dozens of threads on it.

    As for lag I don't have any and never have had any even in Cyrodil. Play has always been smooth and lag free for the time I have spent there. I'm on NA PC so I can't speak for Console.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only blame ZO$ MINIMUM 80-100 constantly fluctuating all the way up to 260 ping at all times, play wow, battlefield, mount and blade etc or any other big multiplayer game stable <20-30 at all times.
    As for bugs I constantly run into them, world bosses resetting mid fight, infinite load screens, heavy attacks locking and stopping all actions.
    Also optimization is awful, 1080p, Asus 1080ti + i7-7700K with <30fps in towns, can play games in 4k with higher fps than eso in a town.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

    - The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just handed a guy in another thread a shovel. Here’s one for you. You know what to do.
    PC-NA: @q.bit
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World bosses reset if you pull them too far from spawn point. People who kite bosses all over the map need to learn this. That’s not a bug. The rest is... up in the air.
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I can only blame ZO$ MINIMUM 80-100 constantly fluctuating all the way up to 260 ping at all times, play wow, battlefield, mount and blade etc or any other big multiplayer game stable <20-30 at all times.
    As for bugs I constantly run into them, world bosses resetting mid fight, infinite load screens, heavy attacks locking and stopping all actions.
    Also optimization is awful, 1080p, Asus 1080ti + i7-7700K with <30fps in towns, can play games in 4k with higher fps than eso in a town.

    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks

    CP 900 || PC/NA ||
    “Do we have a tank? Because I’m not the tank,” says Max as he tanks, tankingly.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Wtf are you people talking about. This game is literally RIDDLED with bugs.

    The last one I encountered was a couple of years or so ago, and it was fixed in a patch the week after I encountered it. The only other one I came across was a broken quest at launch and by canceling it and retaking it from the quest giver a few paces away I was able to complete it normally. Like the OP says, it's sometimes difficult to comprehend where people are coming across all these game-breaking issues that we keep reading about.

    I can’t login RIGHT NOW! I could write a BOOK about all the bugs I encountered YESTERDAY! INSIDE. AND. OUTSIDE. OF. CYRODIIL.

    What are you some kind of ZOS APOLOGIST. If not and you’re just trolling it’s not funny AT ALL.
    Witch up, lil' witches!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Wtf are you people talking about. This game is literally RIDDLED with bugs.

    The last one I encountered was a couple of years or so ago, and it was fixed in a patch the week after I encountered it. The only other one I came across was a broken quest at launch and by canceling it and retaking it from the quest giver a few paces away I was able to complete it normally. Like the OP says, it's sometimes difficult to comprehend where people are coming across all these game-breaking issues that we keep reading about.

    I can’t login RIGHT NOW! I could write a BOOK about all the bugs I encountered YESTERDAY! INSIDE. AND. OUTSIDE. OF. CYRODIIL.

    What are you some kind of ZOS APOLOGIST. If not and you’re just trolling it’s not funny AT ALL.

    I'm no apologist, I just report it as I find it. Two hours ago I logged out of PC EU (direct connection, not through Steam) having played for 40 minutes or so without any issues at all. Right now (literally between the last sentence and this one) I have logged in straightaway just fine.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Wtf are you people talking about. This game is literally RIDDLED with bugs.

    The last one I encountered was a couple of years or so ago, and it was fixed in a patch the week after I encountered it. The only other one I came across was a broken quest at launch and by canceling it and retaking it from the quest giver a few paces away I was able to complete it normally. Like the OP says, it's sometimes difficult to comprehend where people are coming across all these game-breaking issues that we keep reading about.

    I can’t login RIGHT NOW! I could write a BOOK about all the bugs I encountered YESTERDAY! INSIDE. AND. OUTSIDE. OF. CYRODIIL.

    What are you some kind of ZOS APOLOGIST. If not and you’re just trolling it’s not funny AT ALL.

    I'm not Tandor, but, for bugs, nothing to apologize for, really. For me, I have one remaining critical bug on my list that they absolutely need to fix, and that is some spawning boss in Murkmire that is A.W.O.L. Blocks my progression. They fixed the pet bug already, so that is no longer a problem. There are some lesser bugs, most of which I don't see hardly at all, or don't really care about. I attribute it to clean living, which includes staying the hell out of Cyrodiil. Religiously. That's me... prophet for the Church of Reformed Alliance War Legionaries.

    I have more problems with ZOS simply not finishing what they start than I do with bugs, performance, and latency.
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 311, so far!

  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before people grab their pitchforks and torches, at least read why I ask.
    I see a lot of players saying that ESO is a bug infested, and laggy mess. But when I see these comments, it feels like I'm in a foreign country, and nobody speaks my language. When it comes to bugs, I've only seen less than a handful in all of my playtime. But I can't even remember the last time I ran into one. When people talk about bad ping, it's as if I have godly internet or something. Very rarely do I have connection issues, and when I do, it's because my internet is wigging out.
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc.
    I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

    Ok let me start:
    1. Come to Cyrodiil any day between 6 PM and 21 PM. You will see lags, ping spikes, kicks, and in general unresponsiveness.
    2. They have fixed cast time skills like dizzy or snipe because they were broken. Shadow image and cloak are still broken.
    3. Enchants. Do I need to tell more?
    4. HA meta builds with 30k ressistances and 7k weapon damage.

    ESO is amazing, but you can't pretend that everything is ok when it's not or it will never get fixed.
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

    Mael Stormfist - MagSorc - Grand Master Crafter.
    Mael Nightshadow - MagBlade - I'm right behind you.
    Mael Ironfist - MagPlar - BoL abuser.

    Unsubbed due to constantly worsening performance and gamebreaking bugs not being fixed for months.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <SNIP>
    @Androconium

    PC/NA/Nebraska, USA

    Then I suggest that you setup an account on the EU server and see if the performance is the same. Yes, I am serious.
    If you found no problems, then that would isolate your environment as the preferable one.
    Shadows are falling.
    Look out below.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before people grab their pitchforks and torches, at least read why I ask.
    I see a lot of players saying that ESO is a bug infested, and laggy mess. But when I see these comments, it feels like I'm in a foreign country, and nobody speaks my language. When it comes to bugs, I've only seen less than a handful in all of my playtime. But I can't even remember the last time I ran into one. When people talk about bad ping, it's as if I have godly internet or something. Very rarely do I have connection issues, and when I do, it's because my internet is wigging out.
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc.
    I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.
    What are you, writing a poem?
    Please, stop.
    PC :: ESO+ subscriber
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to see this glitch quite often a while back but haven't seen it for a while now...

    ewvxyypohoey.jpg

    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]You've touched on every content? How seriously do you take the game, though?[/quote]

    @fred4

    I take it serious, but not in a "Oh yeah bro, I've done all vet trials, and been emperor more than once" way. More like a I enjoy the game a lot, and try my best to get all skyshards, all quests, all skill lines leveled, etc. Regardless, I've never had connection issues, or bugs during trials like Cloudrest. Maybe really low FPS since I play on max graphics with a low end PC, but that's it. As I said in my OP:
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues.

    It's not like I think people are just crybabies, or that I don't believe lots of bugs still exist, or that I think everyone just has bad internet. I just don't relate to it.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

    @DanteYoda

    I'm not sure what that's supposed to do for me. I clearly said:
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues.

    A lot of people seem to gloss over me saying that.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've touched on every content? How seriously do you take the game, though?[/quote]

    @fred4

    I take it serious, but not in a "Oh yeah bro, I've done all vet trials, and been emperor more than once" way. More like a I enjoy the game a lot, and try my best to get all skyshards, all quests, all skill lines leveled, etc. Regardless, I've never had connection issues, or bugs during trials like Cloudrest. Maybe really low FPS since I play on max graphics with a low end PC, but that's it. As I said in my OP:
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues.

    It's not like I think people are just crybabies, or that I don't believe lots of bugs still exist, or that I think everyone just has bad internet. I just don't relate to it.[/quote]

    Then run off and play. What are you doing here?
    I only ever come here when my game doesn't work. I don't have time for both activities.
    Shadows are falling.
    Look out below.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭

    Then run off and play. What are you doing here?
    I only ever come here when my game doesn't work. I don't have time for both activities.

    But you have time to tell me that because I don't have issues in the game, I can't be on the forums? It's labeled General ESO Discussion for a reason.
    Edited by Greg11jkalfa on October 31, 2018 1:45AM
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    Then run off and play. What are you doing here?
    I only ever come here when my game doesn't work. I don't have time for both activities.

    But you have time to tell me that because I don't have issues in the game, I can't be on the forums? It's labeled General ESO Discussion for a reason.

    That's one of looking at it.

    The other people that have also come to the forum with performance complaints are doing so because they are having valid problems. Problems that you don't relate to.

    What I can't relate to is why, if you have a perfectly functional game, you aren't actually playing it.
    If you've been a regular reader of the forum, then you should already be aware that your initial post would generate at least some controversy.

    I am so glad that at least one person has a perfect game play experience. Two, if you count Turelus.
    I am sorry to have put a downer on your forum experience. But I'd suggest that most people here are here because they need help with some aspect of the game, or another. Otherwise, they'd be happily playing and having fun.

    Who knows? There may be thousands of USians happily bumbling along in ESO with 20Ms latency and 120FPS.
    Sadly few of them ever come here to tell us. Maybe you can relate to that?
    Shadows are falling.
    Look out below.
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    That's one of looking at it.

    The other people that have also come to the forum with performance complaints are doing so because they are having valid problems. Problems that you don't relate to.

    What I can't relate to is why, if you have a perfectly functional game, you aren't actually playing it.
    If you've been a regular reader of the forum, then you should already be aware that your initial post would generate at least some controversy.

    I am so glad that at least one person has a perfect game play experience. Two, if you count Turelus.
    I am sorry to have put a downer on your forum experience. But I'd suggest that most people here are here because they need help with some aspect of the game, or another. Otherwise, they'd be happily playing and having fun.

    Who knows? There may be thousands of USians happily bumbling along in ESO with 20Ms latency and 120FPS.
    Sadly few of them ever come here to tell us. Maybe you can relate to that?

    @Androconium

    I'm not sure if you're being serious, or if it's just a gag. But I want to be absolutely clear when I say this, so that we can move on.

    This thread was posted under General ESO Discussion. The description says, "The place to discuss a variety of ESO-related topics." Pardon me for wanting to discuss various things about the game, and coming to a place designed to do just that. And just because I have a good time in the game, shouldn't mean I need to spend every last second playing it, nor should it, or anyone else, discourage me from being on the forums.

    If I sound like a sarcastic jerk, I don't mean to come off that way. I'm just frustrated that I've had to explain myself.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Twin Slashes is available to morph

    Must reload ui to morph

    :trollface:

    You and me both!
    I produce Hardstyle, Hard Dance and Trance.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Even us who experience the issues want to understand too! Ive gone from 6/mbps to 70/mbps different ISP and my ping changed by 10, fluctuated less but the remaining issues still existed. Honestly, i never believe anyone who says they never have issues. You probably are and just dont notice? Otherwise we need convinced you arent having issues. What is your average ping?

    probably he is just a zos employee

    @oxygen_thief

    I laughed pretty hard at that, so I'm assuming that was just a well placed joke.

    every joke has a piece of truth. group finder didnt work for me on pc eu this evening. what can you say about it?

    @oxygen_thief

    I'd say for one, I don't play on EU, but I've heard the connection for it is just generally worse than NA. And two, saying group finder just didn't work is a broad statement. Are you a DPS or Healer? Because if so, you're far less likely to get a group if you aren't a tank role. This is easy to see why, as most players are DPS, less so are Healers, and even less so are Tanks.

    its impossible to do dungeon/bg even with a premade group due to "someone declined the invite" bug

    Apparently thats people trying to BG with each other to fight against their friends too, whether to farm or actually play is another story.
    I produce Hardstyle, Hard Dance and Trance.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one way of looking at it.

    The other people that have also come to the forum with performance complaints are doing so because they are having valid problems. Problems that you don't relate to.

    What I can't relate to is why, if you have a perfectly functional game, you aren't actually playing it.
    If you've been a regular reader of the forum, then you should already be aware that your initial post would generate at least some controversy.

    I am so glad that at least one person has a perfect game play experience. Two, if you count Turelus.
    I am sorry to have put a downer on your forum experience. But I'd suggest that most people here are here because they need help with some aspect of the game, or another. Otherwise, they'd be happily playing and having fun.

    Who knows? There may be thousands of USians happily bumbling along in ESO with 20Ms latency and 120FPS.
    Sadly few of them ever come here to tell us. Maybe you can relate to that?

    @Androconium

    I'm not sure if you're being serious, or if it's just a gag. But I want to be absolutely clear when I say this, so that we can move on.

    This thread was posted under General ESO Discussion. The description says, "The place to discuss a variety of ESO-related topics." Pardon me for wanting to discuss various things about the game, and coming to a place designed to do just that. And just because I have a good time in the game, shouldn't mean I need to spend every last second playing it, nor should it, or anyone else, discourage me from being on the forums.

    If I sound like a sarcastic jerk, I don't mean to come off that way. I'm just frustrated that I've had to explain myself.

    I am being serious.
    Shadows are falling.
    Look out below.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    Then run off and play. What are you doing here?
    I only ever come here when my game doesn't work. I don't have time for both activities.

    But you have time to tell me that because I don't have issues in the game, I can't be on the forums? It's labeled General ESO Discussion for a reason.

    That's one of looking at it.

    The other people that have also come to the forum with performance complaints are doing so because they are having valid problems. Problems that you don't relate to.

    What I can't relate to is why, if you have a perfectly functional game, you aren't actually playing it.
    If you've been a regular reader of the forum, then you should already be aware that your initial post would generate at least some controversy.

    I am so glad that at least one person has a perfect game play experience. Two, if you count Turelus.
    I am sorry to have put a downer on your forum experience. But I'd suggest that most people here are here because they need help with some aspect of the game, or another. Otherwise, they'd be happily playing and having fun.

    Who knows? There may be thousands of USians happily bumbling along in ESO with 20Ms latency and 120FPS.
    Sadly few of them ever come here to tell us. Maybe you can relate to that?

    I am here to socialize and interact with other people who play the game. Talk about the game. Talk about what's happening with the game. I can't be in the game all the time, but web access is easy. Besides, many of the people in here are on one of the other megaservers, so I don't see them in the game.

    I have done my fair share of complaining about what ZOS does, but I am not here to complain. I guess that now sets me apart from the general forum expectations? Complain about the game, call ZOS names, or GTFO?
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 311, so far!

  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Greg11jkalfa

    I strongly agree with you. Playing since 2016. I don't know what are those terrble bug anf lags people are complaining of. PC EU.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on October 31, 2018 10:59AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it serious, but not in a "Oh yeah bro, I've done all vet trials, and been emperor more than once" way.
    Few of us have done that. Besides, emperor is just a question of being in the right places and putting in ridiculous hours.
    More like a I enjoy the game a lot, and try my best to get all skyshards, all quests, all skill lines leveled, etc.
    Yep. You're a casual and a completionist. For me, skyshards and skill lines are a means to an end and I only get as many as I need. Questing bores me. I have not come close to doing all quests on any character. You're an adventurer. In a way I envy that. For me that lasted about 3 months, then I got bored and started treating ESO merely as a combat game. I mainly PvP and spend my time exploring different classes, making builds. Perhaps this hints at our differences and why you don't care or notice combat bugs, whereas I do.
    PC EU, Stamina DK (EP), Magicka NB (EP), Magicka Warden (EP), Magicka Templar (EP). Occasionally: Stamina Templar (EP), Stamina NB (AD), Stamina Sorcerer (DC)
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My usual biggest complaint is poor performance. That said, poor performance is subjective. I have a PC I've invested $5000 USD or more in, so I find it obnoxious when I'm getting 50 fps just because I'm in a busy city. Summerset greatly improved this situation but it could still be a lot better.

    The real pain is cyrodiil at primetime, when it takes full second for my abilities to cast, if they do at all. The pvp servers / netcode can't handle it.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Greg11jkalfa
    Greg11jkalfa
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    You're a casual and a completionist.

    @fred4

    Ouch...

    But on the matter of bugs, It's not that I don't care for them, it's just as I said, I very rarely have them. The weirdest my combat gets, is when I have a huge lag spike, and end up basically being frozen in time until I reconnect. I'm not complaining that I have a smooth experience, nor am I bragging about it. I just want to have an understanding of where the issues stem from is all.
    When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
    -Martin Septim
    Member Since June 9, 2015
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before people grab their pitchforks and torches, at least read why I ask.
    I see a lot of players saying that ESO is a bug infested, and laggy mess. But when I see these comments, it feels like I'm in a foreign country, and nobody speaks my language. When it comes to bugs, I've only seen less than a handful in all of my playtime. But I can't even remember the last time I ran into one. When people talk about bad ping, it's as if I have godly internet or something. Very rarely do I have connection issues, and when I do, it's because my internet is wigging out.
    I'm not calling anyone who has those issues a liar, or saying it's their fault. I just can't relate to the issues. Even as someone who has over 2600 hours into the game, plays nearly every day, and have touched every piece of content there is, i.e., Battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, Quests, DLCs, Chapters, Dungeons, Trials, Delves, etc.
    I just want to try and understand where these issues come from.

    Go to cyrodiil on a Friday during primetime and play for a couple of hours. Participate in all the battles you can. I think you'll see some of the issues pop up then.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

    Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Sign In or Register to comment.