Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I will never let a character hit level 50

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    Just leveled a Stamden in 3 days. Well this is my 10th char so better be quick.

Last Sunday, I leveled my second stamden to 50 in 5 hours and 9 minutes. Haha.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do actually enjoy doing the same trials for the 1000th time trying to improve scores and improve my dps. I can count on 1 hand games where I enjoyed the story and unfortunately ESO/Elder Scrolls isn't one of them. So I do rush through the quests. Even on my first playthrough I was spam clicking my mouse like I was trying to close pop-ups to get through the dialogue. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bethsheba wrote: »
    Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time? Don't get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it won't ever get rolled back or changed and even with a level 10 character I find the fights as I go through questing content to be too easy, and that is without any cp on any character, it's just a vanilla character. I stay for the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, and even though I have been here for years, I still haven't even done any of the the dlc content, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
    But, yeah, if hitting cp levels means this type of content becomes even less of a challenge than it already is, sorry Beth's characters, I will kill you off before you reach 50.

Don't want to spoil it for you but the content is repetitive even if new one. Same story everywhere, an NPC is having the problem X that needs fixed by doing action Y but you end up doing action Z instead to really fix the problem. How many of these can you do? It is much more interesting to do the same end-game hard content over and over to challenge your previous results or others result. It is also much more interesting to challenge other players in PVP.

That's my opinion only, but looks like you start feeling it too if you brought it up here.
    Edited by Didgerion on October 29, 2018 7:11PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck selling level 49 gear.

Pretty much applies to Level 50 gear below 160, too! :smile:

Bevik wrote: »
    Just leveled a Stamden in 3 days. Well this is my 10th char so better be quick.

Last Sunday, I leveled my second stamden to 50 in 5 hours and 9 minutes. Haha.

Heh If I created one today, you would be able to get a progress report on this date next year to find out how far I am from 50. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on October 29, 2018 7:25PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do actually enjoy doing the same trials for the 1000th time trying to improve scores and improve my dps. I can count on 1 hand games where I enjoyed the story and unfortunately ESO/Elder Scrolls isn't one of them. So I do rush through the quests. Even on my first playthrough I was spam clicking my mouse like I was trying to close pop-ups to get through the dialogue. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

On your first play through you spammed continue.
    “I didn’t enjoy the story”

Really.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Really.

Yeah. I have literally 0 interest in the quests or story in this game.

edit: I don't generally play videogames for their stories. ESO didn't grab me at all during the intro. Had it I probably would have slowed down and payed more attention to further quests.
    Edited by adeptusminor on October 29, 2018 9:30PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why you would feel bad for people just because they enjoy different content then you. I mostly run trials with the occasional PvP and half the fun for me is getting better at those aspects of the game. I get this isn't for everyone just like questing isn't for me. I don't feel bad for people that enjoy questing, in fact I wish I could enjoy that aspect too, I just don't.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should, actually.

Once you hit 50 and enter the CP10 to CP160 part of the game, you lose your pre-50 level scaling and actually become noticeably weaker. In fact, you'll be quite a bit weaker than your scaled level 10 character.

And CP is completely optional, you never ever have to spent a single CP point.

So really, if you are trying to make the base game a bit more challenging you *should* level past 50 and not use any CP ...
    shades.gif
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You should, actually.

Once you hit 50 and enter the CP10 to CP160 part of the game, you lose your pre-50 level scaling and actually become noticeably weaker. In fact, you'll be quite a bit weaker than your scaled level 10 character.

And CP is completely optional, you never ever have to spent a single CP point.

So really, if you are trying to make the base game a bit more challenging you *should* level past 50 and not use any CP ...
    shades.gif

I think that this is how we end up with level 50 glass cannons. It is like the game is upside down.

Still, what intrigues me most about that level 10 is the lack of available skills and survivability resources. Gear. Food. That stuff. Yeah, they have boosted stats, but you can only do so much with the skills a level 10 has.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really.

edit: I don't generally play videogames for their stories. ESO didn't grab me at all during the intro. Had it I probably would have slowed down and payed more attention to further quests.

The intro cinematic? Huh. I wasn’t grabbed for the intro cinematic for any video I’ve ever played... to me that is a weird qualification. I don’t remember any intro cinematics for any games I enjoyed come to think of it. I enjoyed Fable and I couldn’t begin to tell you what the trailer was about.

What my post means is that one states “I didn’t read the story” then “I didn’t like the story”. I dislike 100% of stories I don’t read as well.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really.

The intro cinematic? Huh. I wasn’t grabbed for the intro cinematic for any video I’ve ever played... to me that is a weird qualification. I don’t remember any intro cinematics for any games I enjoyed come to think of it. I enjoyed Fable and I couldn’t begin to tell you what the trailer was about.

What my post means is that one states “I didn’t read the story” then “I didn’t like the story”. I dislike 100% of stories I don’t read as well.

Eh. I don't watch "intro cinematics" for games, or trailers for movies (well, I don't do movies anyway - or tv....) A cinematic has no info on the actual game - it's just pretty crap the devs threw together.

There are reasons I don't play games other than TES (and now ESO - at least until.... and if I'm alive when.... TES VI releases). Most of them aren't things interesting to me - I won't play games that don't give a choice of gender: I'm female, and I refuse to be shoehorned into playing a male protagonist, no matter how "great" a game it's supposed to be; you can't give me a female option, you don't get my money - and things like the Fallouts are just not my cuppa at all. Neither are FPS. My game interest is very narrow: FCRPGs, and the occasional MMO in that genre.

However, I read all the dialog - quest and otherwise - probably through the 5th character; by then I've memorized it. Sometimes with some given quest lines I read them every time. It just depends on how well it's written.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people i know including a few friends i've tried getting into the game, simply got bored to death from questing and couldn't care less about what the NPC's have to say, my friends stopped playing after a few hours because they thought that's what they will be doing for the rest of times in ESO even tho i told them it gets better in end game they just couldn't handle the boring questing anymore, and i feel the same way but what kept me playing ESO is just wanting to explore the different zones and complete all the stuff on the map to feed my sense of completion and later i played because i just wanted to improve as a player in PVE and PVP.
    Good for you that you enjoy doing the same quests over and over again i honestly wish i could give a crap about doing it even one time, but this is an MMORPG and everybody plays it the way they enjoy playing it.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play how you want. The game is cool that way.

Just let us play how we want too. We can all get along.
    My internet is invalid
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t rush anywhere, I enjoy every new part to full with my first lady.
    then I have 15 more ladies, and they do whatever they need, so the first lady has time enough to do all at ease.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    wat

That^
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be great if there was option for overland quests to be account wide, per alliance as example.. so new char if that option selected start with realm where quests done by other alts from same alliance are already done. Then multiple alts can solve world problems “together”, now it’s just a mess which kills immersion and forces to re-open wayshrines etc..
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    Combat prior to the CP levels always got in my way of enjoying the actual story. There's nothing like taking 20+ minutes going from door to door in, say, Camlorn with dense packs of mobs that take eleventy-trillion years to kill, only to get to the next quest stage and find out you have to go back and re-kill them all over again. I'd take a day or two to liberate a single town because I needed constant breaks. Not to mention that leveling made my gear obsolete over and over again-- which got really old really fast.

Now I can relax and enjoy the good writing, the visual storytelling, the music, and the environments instead of being a tight wad of stress. And now at 160+, I can relax on gear altogether. I don't need to play another game to wind down from this one.

Questing is the same at CP-whatever. You just kill things a little faster.

I like your comment, but have a slightly different perspective.

The game world feels different when the overland monsters are not something that can be one-shot, or similarly dealt with in a quick manner.

The main purpose of my Level 50 characters is to chase the quarterly CP cap increase. I am a little over CP 800 right now on my way to CP 810. Getting CP after the cap is a waste of XP, so my desire is to limit CP increases after that point. This means I spend a lot of time doing things in the game that don't build CP. Among those things, I level up characters.

I don't like allocating CP on my Level 50 characters. I tend to do it once a quarter, once I hit CP cap. There is no way I am going to allocate CP across my other characters. That means that I am leveling without CP. As it turns out, I like it that way. The game world feels more challenging, and I feel like I am more connected with what is happening. I don't just plow through them. I have to take a break to regenerate resources between groups of mobs. Sometimes, I go out of my way to go around them.

I've been the person who solos public dungeons and overland content, including world bosses. I still am, actually, although I have stopped soloing the world bosses. I realized years ago, when I was gearing up to go solo on early group dungeon content, that I was heading in the wrong direction.

The key to happiness, for me, is not a more powerful character, one-shotting overland content, and running the hardest content in the game. It is actually the journey to get to the point where I start to think I can do that, and then go back and start over.

You know, I'd probably feel a similar way if I actually enjoyed the combat system. When it flows well, combat enhances my immersion. For some reason, it doesn't for me here at all. I think a lot of that comes with the adaptations Zos has had to make to accommodate consoles-- barely any skills on a skillbar, for example, or the whole back bar thing. And no ability to physically click on any skill with mouse. I fight with trying to remember what I have bound to what keys constantly and it wars with my ability to lose myself in the game. Kind of a personal thing, really. I'm a clicker by default in most games so this one has been torture.

Not to mention that everything loves to stun/root/interrupt you, sometimes multiple times in a fight. I find that style of combat infuriating, especially since there are two different ways to break it. Again, a personal thing.

Then there's the weird difficulty thing that happens with this game. It starts out really, really hard. Then it gets cakewalk-easy the longer you play. I like to start easy, then slowly increase the complexity and challenge as I learn the game. Most games are the opposite-- even most MMOs I've played.

So now that combat isn't an issue anymore, I'm having a lot more fun. And I'm getting a lot more immersed and involved.

The XP thing is interesting-- I got used to playing at max level really fast in several different MMOs (SWTOR and GW2, especially), so receiving useless XP doesn't bother me at all. The sooner I can get the CP grind over with, the sooner I can completely relax in the game. I can't wait :D Long term grinds stress me out, TBH.

It's interesting to read the different responses in this thread :) Every time I think I get a handle on how many different player perspectives exist, a bunch of new ones crop up. Makes for great reading! :smiley:
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time? Don't get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it won't ever get rolled back or changed and even with a level 10 character I find the fights as I go through questing content to be too easy, and that is without any cp on any character, it's just a vanilla character. I stay for the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, and even though I have been here for years, I still haven't even done any of the the dlc content, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
    But, yeah, if hitting cp levels means this type of content becomes even less of a challenge than it already is, sorry Beth's characters, I will kill you off before you reach 50.

Just a random rant/statement. There is so much end game, so much gear and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you non cp players. I see you run in, die to a npc in half a second, never kill anything let alone a wave of enemies, then respawn. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to die over, and over for the 1000th time? Dont get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it wont ever get rolled back or changed and even with a CP3000 character I find the fights as I go through the trials content to be too easy, and that is without trying to play my characters, i just have the best characters. I stay for the end game, the gear, the friends, the interesting weirdos, and even though I have been here for years, I still havent learnt how to use , and . on any of my characters.
    But, yeah, if having max cp means this type of content becomes even easier than it already is, sorry characters, I will bis gear you before the meta changes.

sombong-1.jpg
    Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on October 30, 2018 1:58PM
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If hundreds of thousands of players are champion point level, and you are afraid to become champion point level, does that mean there is something "wrong" with the way those hundreds of thousands of players play the game? Or... Maybe it's just that you are afraid?
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who enjoys creative writing, I look forward to the world-building, story and characters more than the boss fights. I'd rather trailblaze through the plot with max champ instead of strenuous boss fights which keep me from proceeding.

Also, I like having fancy veteran dungeon skins and rewards, so I can't exactly sympathize with your statement. I still have fun with ESO because I play with my friends, it's like people who STILL play Left 4 Dead today.
    Edited by Claudman on October 30, 2018 2:52PM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp is life. Questing is for noobs
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t 1T make it so if you’re max cp the npcs will be at max cp difficulty
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    Doesn’t 1T make it so if you’re max cp the npcs will be at max cp difficulty
    @Libonotus
    No, 1T changed all NPCs to CP160. NPCs will never scale (up or down), they're all set at CP160.

Players under level 50 are scaled up to CP160 stats, as you level towards 50 the scaling is gradually reduced and when you hit 50 (CP10), the scaling stops and you are left in a void where you are suddenly weaker than all the NPCs (which are at CP160).
    shades.gif

PS: So technically, if you never allocate any CP points you should stay weaker than a buffed level 10. Earning CP levels beyond CP160 does not give you any bonus other than CP points to spend.

PPS: Of course, that ignores gear setup and skill point allocation, but again, if you really wanted to gimp your character, you absolutely should level them to over 50 to get rid of the below 50 scaling buff.

Edited by SirAndy on October 30, 2018 5:32PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm. A little off base here, OP.

I am a slow leveler and I have a number of Level 50 characters, and around 800 CP. I have more that are below 50. I have been playing since the end of March 2014. I am not afraid to cross that Level 50 boundary. This does not mean that I am zooming through content without reading it. Quite the opposite. ESO has wonderful writing. Not to be missed.

If you think ESO has wonderful writing...I dont even know where to start. Don't get me wrong...some quests are marginally interesting, and even fewer are actually well written...but just compare ESO quests to say...The Witcher and the difference is night and day. The Witcher quests arent all that well written either...but they are all unique and engaging. Actual well written fantasy stories are few and far between(I can think of maybe a dozen books/series that qualify as well written, and their authors have been dead for decades. IE Roger Zelazny and the Amber series)
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭

Really.

No, the intro Coldharbor quests when you are in the dungeon.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Uhm. A little off base here, OP.

I am a slow leveler and I have a number of Level 50 characters, and around 800 CP. I have more that are below 50. I have been playing since the end of March 2014. I am not afraid to cross that Level 50 boundary. This does not mean that I am zooming through content without reading it. Quite the opposite. ESO has wonderful writing. Not to be missed.

If you think ESO has wonderful writing...I dont even know where to start. Don't get me wrong...some quests are marginally interesting, and even fewer are actually well written...but just compare ESO quests to say...The Witcher and the difference is night and day. The Witcher quests arent all that well written either...but they are all unique and engaging. Actual well written fantasy stories are few and far between(I can think of maybe a dozen books/series that qualify as well written, and their authors have been dead for decades. IE Roger Zelazny and the Amber series)

Ohhhh. I see now.

Comparing a mmo to a single player game, eh not going to validate that one. Mmos are made for the lowest common denominator in more than just computer specs.

It’s like if someone at work said to me,

“This book is so immature” “

“Um, you’re standing in the young readers section...”

And then,

“Nothing will live up to the classics.”

Got it. I hear purists say that to me all day at work. Then they proceed to rattle off obscure references that only the “true” fans of the genre will know. (I’m not saying Roger Zelazny is obscure, I’m talking about the type of extremist one only find in collectible/book/comic/music stores.)

You’re right on one account, Zenimax Online Studios peels the story content down into little baby carrots and Cheerios for the masses who are here to “ride dragons and wear capes”. I just can’t agree that the story is bad, one just has to actually want to see it. Judging something in its own light (against other fantasy mmos) is the only objective thing to do.
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I feel like I would just rush thru quests without hearing the dialogues then I don't do them. Tho I really wish there was questing variation for CP players. One hitting mobs is a good thing for farming but it's lame during questing when you kill the public dungeon boss like a mudcrab.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »

I do miss pre-1T. Certain zones were limited to your lvl and if you were 10 levels below that, you could still try it out if you thought were good enough. I remember trying for The Rift area when I hadn't reached level 40 yet. It was challenging but fun. 1T has taken the challenge out of ESO, I will agree.

ZOS needs to start using the CP levels more seriously. For example, create zones that would require a higher CP level.

The main game will never, ever be able to prove challenging to the majority of players again unless they introduced individual scaling to account for CP. They totally bungled the game when it comes to difficulty. I haven’t finished any DLC lines since Wrothgar because it’s just so damn boring. Main game is for lore people, beginners and comoletionists. The notion that, for example, the Psijic order is this amazingly powerful group and then you blow through the last boss in the leveling quest line with heavy attacks only. At least scale the bosses to make it world boss difficulty or so. Even better would be if they could approached vMA boss difficulty if you chose.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brain hurts from reading that...
    I enjoyed everything already, 5x over. No need to read 6-14 lol
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did it all once on my main not redoing it again just to kill time...