Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I will never let a character hit level 50

bethsheba
bethsheba
✭✭✭
Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time? Don't get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it won't ever get rolled back or changed and even with a level 10 character I find the fights as I go through questing content to be too easy, and that is without any cp on any character, it's just a vanilla character. I stay for the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, and even though I have been here for years, I still haven't even done any of the the dlc content, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
But, yeah, if hitting cp levels means this type of content becomes even less of a challenge than it already is, sorry Beth's characters, I will kill you off before you reach 50.
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit 50 on a char for the first time yesterday, but agree with your point about rushing.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand exactly where you're coming from with this.

Just hit 50 and don't actually use any CP. Keep your gear up to date, of course, but don't spend a single CP. In doing so, you'll be able to perpetually have that approximate level of difficulty you had while leveling without having to constantly reroll.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can do questing with max cp characters too, you know.
    i have 14 alts. And I'm going to do all quests with them. 14 times. Sloooooowly.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At 860 ish but I still read the lore and the dialogues, at least the first time through. Did Murkmire in stealth setup (bosmer stamblade) to keep it a tad interesting. Cept for the two worldbosses.
    I really enjoyed this DLC.
    Edited by Everstorm on October 28, 2018 9:04PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly saying, you never know if particular quest/lore piece will be worth reading/hearing etc.. there are great quests, there are just fillers.. so i let it be random, I read/skip different conversations of same quests with different alts and it weaves it's own natural book of lore in my memory.
    About dungeon quests - no matter if you read/skip detailed conversations, NPC still talk, so after 10-20-100 runs of same dungeon you know what happened there just from those partial conversations, and those voice lines while approaching/defeating/dying boss are more emotional and interesting that those text common stories about somebody cursed somebody etc...
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on October 28, 2018 9:19PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests that I've never done before? Sure I'll read and listen to the dialogue and select the appropriate choices.

Quests that I do on all my characters? No, I don't need to hear of your plan to get rid of the invaders by throwing treated netch eggs at them for the umpteenth time, or why you're in Fungal Grotto looking for a shrine.

And most of us already know where At'avar is so please stop waking up the gargoyle with that question.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't judge someone who's skips dialogs on his 10th+ character =)

on my first character i've been reading all questlines carefully just because there are some real jewels among them

everyone have his own understandment of *fun*

maybe you are just a reader type which i'm totally ok with

some people may find another aspects of the game as their *fun* - like endgame content, min/max etc

needless to say that your chances to cross each other's road are very slim ;)

Edited by Darkenarlol on October 28, 2018 9:43PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm. A little off base here, OP.

I am a slow leveler and I have a number of Level 50 characters, and around 800 CP. I have more that are below 50. I have been playing since the end of March 2014. I am not afraid to cross that Level 50 boundary. This does not mean that I am zooming through content without reading it. Quite the opposite. ESO has wonderful writing. Not to be missed.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually found this problem worse before One Tamriel - because I was doing all the quests I was always way above the recommended level for the stuff I was doing. Periodically I'd reach the point where I didn't get any XP anymore and then the quests would almost catch up, then I'd out level them again. It meant even for boss fights I was basically picking one or two skills to use, based on the animations I wanted to see, because it literally didn't matter what I used, it would be over in seconds. One Tamriel actually made the game harder for me.

It also meant I had the freedom to choose what I did and in what order so I could do quests in the order that made most sense to me, which is usually the original order, but not always - for example one of my characters immediately went to join the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood because he couldn't care less about wars or even who's got whatever passed for his soul at that point.

As for getting to level 50 making things too easy the solution to that is simple - as other people have said don't assign any CP and you'll never have that problem - your character stays roughly the same as a lower level one. If you find even that is too much you can use lower level equipment, or pick skills which are fun but not necessarily the best choices or any combination of the above. I don't use CP on most of my characters (except my crafter where CP is making up for a severe lack of combat skills because all his skill points go to crafting) for exactly that reason - when I got to level 50 I felt like the difficulty was about right. I can do most things solo but large groups or world bosses are too much for me to take on alone, which IMO is how it should be.

It's a good thing you have that option too because if you really did let a character get to level 50 and then delete them you'd either have to repeat the same bits over and over or skip huge chunks of the game on each character. My first character got to level 50 about 1/2 way through Alki'r Desert - she hadn't even entered Bankorai, or finished the main quest or the guild quests. You can probably finish the main quest and maybe even your Alliance's quest before, or at, level 50, but you'd have to skip a lot of the side quests to do it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wat
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bethsheba wrote: »
    Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time? Don't get me started on the 1T debacle, I know it won't ever get rolled back or changed and even with a level 10 character I find the fights as I go through questing content to be too easy, and that is without any cp on any character, it's just a vanilla character. I stay for the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, and even though I have been here for years, I still haven't even done any of the the dlc content, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
    But, yeah, if hitting cp levels means this type of content becomes even less of a challenge than it already is, sorry Beth's characters, I will kill you off before you reach 50.

I do miss pre-1T. Certain zones were limited to your lvl and if you were 10 levels below that, you could still try it out if you thought were good enough. I remember trying for The Rift area when I hadn't reached level 40 yet. It was challenging but fun. 1T has taken the challenge out of ESO, I will agree.

ZOS needs to start using the CP levels more seriously. For example, create zones that would require a higher CP level.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on October 28, 2018 9:55PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I rush on quests I've done before and stories that are boooring. I never rush on new quests, which I still have loads to do, and I never rush on the really good ones, with solid characters and voice acting. Why read through a fetch quest dialogue? It's just a skin on top of the exact same one I've done 5 minutes ago, in another town, and that I have read through it all the first time I've done them.

Nah... I get your point but being cp level just makes the game easier but not less interesting. You don't change your gameplay style because you have CP. It's just faster paced but it's still the same game we all love.
    Edited by ZonasArch on October 28, 2018 9:52PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can hit level 50 and still not rush the game. There's literally no reason to rush at all, at any time, no matter what your level. Not sure why you think the game will change for the worst once you hit 50.
    The game changes for the better, actually, because after level 160, you can start collecting complete armor sets without worrying that you'll out-level them. The game is more fun after CP160.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Quests that I've never done before? Sure I'll read and listen to the dialogue and select the appropriate choices.

Quests that I do on all my characters? No, I don't need to hear of your plan to get rid of the invaders by throwing treated netch eggs at them for the umpteenth time, or why you're in Fungal Grotto looking for a shrine.

And most of us already know where At'avar is so please stop waking up the gargoyle with that question.

Who is At’avar?

Op, I felt the same way. In every game I hate reaching max level because it comes with a certain expectation to grind past all the content. I’m at Cp750 now and i still read every quest. It’s actuall people lower level than me who are speeding past and I have to take the time to screenshot the dialogues for later.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am questing and want some more challenge, I unequip my weapons and fist fight everything. It's fun.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not fun to do the same PVE content over and over again. That's why I PVP. XD
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to blow through dialog for two reasons.

1. I've gone through all the quests multiple times

2. I read much faster than the NPCs speak.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still read all dialogue. It's not my fault that I kill quest bosses in 1-hit though. ZOS needs a better scaling mechanism.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 28, 2018 10:41PM
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is some really great writing in this game, however, for every good one, there are 3 boring/repetitive/nauseating/eye-rolling stories.

I don't understand how you aren't bored to tears saving the umpteenth village from certain demise with the similar-skinned enemies and the same boss who blows over in the wind.

Or, the quest dialogue that has almost zero impact either way (save for random NPCs proclaiming you to be the hero of [insert forgettable town] every time you run past them - that grows old fast)

Or, the black and white simpleton nature of so many characters

Or, the slapstick sarcastic comments from certain characters in every. single. interaction. this stuff would be funny if it weren't so frequent.

Love it when I find a good story though.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a random rant/statement. There is so much lore, so many quests and so much to do in a continually growing game here. I actually feel bad for you cp players. I see you run in, talk to an npc for a half a second, kill everything with a wave of one hand, then run off. How are you not completely bored by this game at this point?

Because I'm not rushing the quests, running dungeons over&over, or grinding dolmens.

But I'm still 50 on my three 'main' characters, with ~500 cp.

And I don't kill things by glancing at them, because along with 'not rushing', I'm also not really following The Builds, so my characters aren't really super awesome.

But hitting 50 and getting CP was perfectly fine. /shrug

(and honestly, from 1 to 50/160, it gets a bit harder because of how the 1T scaling works. You lose all your 'bonus' stats that you have as a lowbie. So you'd probably be better off leveling to 50+ and not assigning CP, rather than constantly making new lv1's.)
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've 1092CP & I've 15 characters who I leveled through questing.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun run boring content
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    a level 10 character is in comparison stronger though.. due to how the scaling works ;) I dont say NPC fights will get challenging, they are not.. only when you want to solo world bosses (in DLC zones) maybe. but even then except having maybe less skillpoints you get weaker the higher level your character becomes, especially if you dont update gear.. XD
    Edited by lientier on October 28, 2018 10:55PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.
    How much of a challenge the content is depends entirely on -you-.

Level 50? So what? You actually get a bit -weaker- in some ways when you hit that, since battle levelling is a bit stronger at lower levels... though you do tend to make up for that by having more skills morphed and maxed.

Loads of CP? Noone says you have to actually -use- them if you don't want to. You can leave them all sit there unassigned.

Gear? For one you can always use sub-par gear, for another... noone is focting you to fill every slot, are they now?

Character setup? Want an extra challenge - use suboptimal combinations. Play as orc mage, dunmer sneak-thief, altmer swordsman, nord healer, breton knight. Or try a hybrid character and split all your attribute points three ways.

If challenge is your game, there are many ways to keep the game interesting without killing off all your characters as soon as they grow up... ;)
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Quests that I do on all my characters? No, I don't need to hear...
    ...the same thing you have heard so many times before?
    Agreed.

And don't we wish they had thought to make conversations more varied? Have more dialouges be different depending on your character choices, on your choosen race, gender or alliance affiliation, perheps even on prior quest choices, guild memberships or simply random die rolls, so you might never know when you would get something new?

I would have loved that, really would boost replayability value!
    Oh, well... maybe another game...
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont always blitz everything. But some of the dialogue i know so well, i could play the character that says it. There are other things i like to do in game than listen to the same dialogue for the same story that ive heard before. everyone likes different things. Some people havent been to most zones and spend all their time pvping. Some people own nearly every house in game and have them decorated. Some people only try to become in game billionaires. To each his own.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me answer with a counter example coming from a 900+CP player.

Is it actually fun to do the same quest for the 1000th time? Not when you already know the lore, the mystery, the storylines, the interesting populace, etc.
    Even though I have been here for years, I still haven't finished all the alliance quests, so I know I have so much yet to explore.
    After 1T Overland stopped being a challenge. It is now a theme park for you to explore freely without level restrictions. If you want a challenge, don't eat food, don't use sets, don't spend your CP or go into Pvp or try to get those hard achievements for bragging rights.

The game hasn't become boring, no, but then again I am not rushing quests I have never done before, only the old stuff I already know.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm. A little off base here, OP.

I am a slow leveler and I have a number of Level 50 characters, and around 800 CP. I have more that are below 50. I have been playing since the end of March 2014. I am not afraid to cross that Level 50 boundary. This does not mean that I am zooming through content without reading it. Quite the opposite. ESO has wonderful writing. Not to be missed.

this. I also personaly love it that over world feels easier nowadays. allows me to enjoy the stories and exploration without getting frustrated by combat.

it is actualy my fondest wish that they at some point add solo dungeons just so that one could experience their stores at their own pace instead of going at the pace of a group.

that said.. the fun , at least for me in running dungeons even over and over - is in teamwork. playing together with other people, and accomplishing tasks together. especially when its guild groups and you are messing around in voice chat. it can be a very lovely social experience and a good way to make new friends. (and sometimes it can also be a frustrating experience and dealing with jerks, but its pretty much the same in RL)

P.S. I'm that weirdo that re-watches favorite shows and movies, rereads favorite books and replays favorite games pretty regularly. so playing the same quests on different characters is fun for me, especially when I can make different choices on them
    Edited by Linaleah on October 28, 2018 11:21PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ermmm... some of us are here since beta... we had time to level to 810CP doing all the quests and reading them several times, don't jump into conclusions. I too love the lore and quest, same boat, main reason why I play this game at this point. :P
    Edited by Loves_guars on October 28, 2018 11:24PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you not completely bored by this game at this point? Is it actually fun to do the same trial, arena, dungeon for the 1000th time?

How are you not completely bored of running mundane quests that are all basically the same (while gimped at that.) I guess that text distracted you from the fact you're doing the most repetitive content in the game. It's amazing the illusion some story can cause. You think combat oriented content is repetitive... LOL

Everybody has their own reason to play, which cool, good on you - but if you're knocking people who play for the gameplay... in a game... then that's borderline silly.
    Edited by lagrue on October 29, 2018 5:57PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just leveled a Stamden in 3 days. Well this is my 10th char so better be quick.