The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Front barring Siroria

pizzaow
pizzaow
✭✭✭
I'm curious why most builds don't front-bar Siroria... from the tooltip it seems like the buff would be the same as long as you cast a direct damage, single target ability (on your front bar) at least once every 10 seconds, which you're likely doing anyway if you're using Siroria.
Most mag backbars are usually only multi-target abilities so it seems that it wouldn't proc on the back bar anyway.

The fact that I don't see this more makes me think I'm missing something.
XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's because it stacks up slower if only on front bar but not really sure since I don't really run the set.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bonus from having the stacks is only active when you have 5pc siroria active. You can keep the stacks, you just won’t keep the spell damage on backbar.

Also, siroria makes more sense to keep active over other 5pc-active only sets like mothers sorrow or Julianos because its 5pc bonus is considerably stronger than those of these other sets.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you only front bar siroria, you will lose the entire stack because it is a buff
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is no longer the case.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly Siroria got changed with Murkmire, so that the buff even stays on the backbar. So frontbarring Siroria is a very good and viable choice now.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    The bonus from having the stacks is only active when you have 5pc siroria active. You can keep the stacks, you just won’t keep the spell damage on backbar.

Also, siroria makes more sense to keep active over other 5pc-active only sets like mothers sorrow or Julianos because its 5pc bonus is considerably stronger than those of these other sets.
    SoLooney wrote: »
    if you only front bar siroria, you will lose the entire stack because it is a buff

Both of these are incorrect. You will keep the spell damage, but you won't build stacks while on the back bar. So it will take a bit longer to get to 20x stacks during a parse. The difference is probably negligible, but I don't have a staff so I've never tried to front bar it
    vFG1 HM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have front barred it on my petsorc even before when it was bugged. The bug was that the SD from siroria didn't carry over to backbar, but since I only applied dots there it wasn't a big deal.

Before murkmire I did over 40k on it so I guess it's perfectly viable.
    EU PC