The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Monster Set for Stamblade Bow

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Been away for a few months. I left just before 2h weapons counted as 2 weapons for armor sets. Been playing around with different builds trying to find the best monster set combo. I see many suggested builds out there are still using different shoulder and head combos. Is that actually better than a complete 2 piece monster set ?
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormfist, Velidreth are good ranged monster sets. Or you can run 2 x 5 piece sets and the Masters and Maelstrom bows.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a very low end bowblade (i.e. I use him more in overland than anything else).

I've tested Kragh; it lacks the needed range, although of course people love the one-piece penetration buff. I just bought Sellestrix but haven't tested it yet; it's a bit defensive, however, so I doubt it will prove to have optimal pure DPS. Stormfist (despite the elemental damage component) and Velidreth are others that get mentioned. It's been a long time since I've seen somebody suggest Valkyn Skoria; but judging by the numbers I get from it on magicka characters, I think it would be pretty meh on stamina.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just searched the database. These four looked like they might have potential?

Domihaus
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth
    Slimecraw

Masters and maelstrom bow are not an option. No chance to get either one.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe one kena, one kragh...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kena+velidreth = double weap dmg
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Domihaus
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth
    Slimecraw

Ahh ok, didnt read where thread was made. for pvp i would say what others have said with 2 x 1 piece.

Also you get berserk from a skill, so Slimecraw wouldnt be ideal.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on October 24, 2018 2:36AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow users 100% use storm fist.

See this thread- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve/p1

Edit: PvP forum. Use whatever.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 24, 2018 3:18AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like mephala + caltrops, but requires high af heavy attack wd which isnt easy to pull off. Also like engine guardian and skoria, because sustain can save ya and bow users can toss out a lot of dots.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try Balorgh maybe. Otherwise 2x1 piece is good, or if you wanted a defensive set like Bloodspawn or Troll King for when things get heated.
    But because your a bow build and the ranged monster sets are easy to move out of because pvp is so fast paced, it would be better to get more upfront raw damage with 2 x 1 piece sets (weapon damage and Penetration) or a defensive set when/ if you get caught.
    But try a few things out and see what works best for you.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Domihaus
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth
    Slimecraw

Not Slimecraw; it's redundant with the skill Grim Focus.

And my prior comments were for PvE. Sorry for any confusion.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 24, 2018 4:29AM
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭

Domihaus
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth
    Slimecraw

Balorgs if you are running the Bow ultimate

As one poster has said Slimecraw is redundant with grim focus
    Velidreth is better at close range as the spores spread out the further they have to travel and are slow moving
    Valkyn could technically work ..I think in Non CP it would be better.
    Domihaus creates a circle at the target location..standing in the circle gets you the weapon damage. otherwise its proc is lack luster. Better as a one piece in my opinion
    Molag Kenan an option? I think the issue with that is the ganking rotation. From what I have felt from gankers its literally snipers shot or whatever and maybe poison arrow mixed in. right back into stealth. Not a lot of light attacks so maybe not an option.
    I would say best bet is balorgs or spawn of Mephala if you can mix in a heavy attack.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go with Troll King or Bloodspawn, I can't really see a reason to not play with a 2p set at the moment. Going with 2 different pieces which give armor could work but I would still prefer TK or BS over it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    If playing just with bow I'd use 1 kragh + 1 veli or if you're gonna use a 2pc maybe troll king or balorgh to use with ballista ult.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoria.