Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having to reinstall Launcher after every single game start?

eHug
eHug
Soul Shriven
I bought the game a few days ago and so far the game was looking interessting. I just wish I would be able to play it without having to reinstall the launcher and then updating the whole game installation after every single start of the game. That makes me spend far more time with the launcher then with the game.

If I don't reinstall the launcher after playing a round it will fail on the next start, giving an error after a long time, react extremely slow - and you can't close it without killing it in the task manager.

Sorry for not providing the error number since I don't have it on the screen anymore - when I wanted to post it i wasn't able to login into the forum yet. But I looked up the error number on the official support pages and did what the article suggest - deleting files from the patcher folder, then reinstalling the patcher and waiting for it to update the game then. That works but I wish I didn't have to do it on every freaking game start.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @eHug

When you are able to log in again could you provide us with the error message?

If you've already went through the troubleshooting in the help article you found, you should open a support ticket for further investigation.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • eHug
    eHug
    Soul Shriven
    The error message is "Error 210 - PatchManifestError_Download_Fail"

The message text linked to a support page but it seems the support page (https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22424) got deleted since I last clicked the link.

Anyway, I just found the info that you can start the game without using the launcher. Avoiding the launcher sounds like the easiest way to avoid launcher issues.