Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What was your favorite patch for PvP?

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    because I loved it.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild had a good mix of gameplay I liked. CP cap was present, Stam CP damage was finally balanced, heavy armor hadn't been buffed yet, no OP incap, Dawnbreaker was still magic damage, prox det was still strong outside of ball groups, proc builds didn't exist yet, no destro ult... it was one of the better patches in terms of class balance
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 when skill actually mattered and gear sets/other people/CP couldn't carry you
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In-house 24/7 beta where we had hundreds of players (and i literally mean several hundred players) in single keep fights and there was no lag.

I'm looking at you Chalman Keep, i'm looking at you ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

In-house 24/7 beta where we had hundreds of players (and i literally mean several hundred players) in single keep fights and there was no lag.

post-2-1445282250.gif

That sounds amazing... Would love to experience anything even approaching this on the Live servers.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why?

I can't differentiate between patches any more - they've got progressively worse since whichever one introduced weapon skill ultis or more specifically destro ulti. Thieves Guild most likely - but only because that was when we still had our core running and was some of the most fun I have had in my almost 20 years of playing mmos.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch had its own good and bad aspects. Idk id say the game has gotten better or maybe the developers have finally caught on and caught up with most of the players. The dungeons are easy enough but alot more fun now.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    definitely 1.5 era and then the one tamriel-homestead era. I can't decide which one is the best but all I can say is that it went meh after morrowind for sure.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember the version number but somewhere around Imperial City and before CP came into the game.

There were still a lot of sets and skills which needed some love, but the game just felt more solid back then. I couldn't give you any exact reasons as it's a long time ago, I just remember that being the time I liked PvP the most.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch after patch isn't really a standout for me it's rather the broken things from the past that made things memorable like actually having never played DK but watching them jump into keeps and being on said keep wall was thrilling for a short time albeit an exploit same with viper bow proccs and even proc sets themselves to an extent.
    Throwing a spanner in the works gets your heart going as long as it's short lived
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    1.6 was awesome
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild had a good mix of gameplay I liked. CP cap was present, Stam CP damage was finally balanced, heavy armor hadn't been buffed yet, no OP incap, Dawnbreaker was still magic damage, prox det was still strong outside of ball groups, proc builds didn't exist yet, no destro ult... it was one of the better patches in terms of class balance

Thieves Guild PvP was pretty awesome for all the reasons you just mentioned. I'd say Orsinium was pretty good as well, aside from some obvious balance issues like stamina DKs being way too strong.

In Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, One Tamriel and Homestead they just started dumbing down the game more and more with heavy armour, poisons, proc sets, uncounterable abilities, spammable defensive ultis etc etc. Then Morrowind just drove the final nail in the coffin.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was just a different game. Way more dynamic and fun. Soft caps prevented some extreme OP builds. It just needed a little bit tweaks and the game would be perfect.
    Because I can!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why?

I can't differentiate between patches any more - they've got progressively worse since whichever one introduced weapon skill ultis or more specifically destro ulti.

That would be 2.6 (1T).
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed clockwork on my fortified brass medium armor stamdk. I enjoyed the tankiness from brass, while still maintaining decent burst because empower from wrecking blow boosted leap and defile from reverb had a long duration.

I enjoyed summerset for the awesome d-ticks! Though hated the rune cage bs.

I enjoyed wolfhunter because it balanced out some of the seriously broken stuff like rune cage and sloads from summerset (though sloads didnt bother me as much cause of extended ritual on stamplar).
    Edited by NobleX35 on October 25, 2018 2:06PM
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    I liked 1.2 (thank god they removed the minimum range on Dragon Leap) but I wasn't satisfied with 1.3 and kinda burned out.

I came back for 1.4, and loved it unequivocally until 1.6. Justice yes, Champion no.

I do feel like it's been a balancing act of 'some good, some bad' in the majority of the updates since, even after the 1T merging the population 'feels' smaller, especially in Cyrodiil, and I've never quite had as much fun as I did in 1.4/1.5.

In retrospect, I hated it at the time because it was the start of the looong stretch, almost a year and a half (May 2014 - Aug 2015) of literally no new content in the game. Just free to play, the VR rebalancing, justice system, champion system, etc. Literally all we got was CoH2, CoA2, and a whopping 2 dev posts that weren't patch notes or 'we have removed comments'.

Yet, ironically, in terms of combat/systems/balance, that was the happiest time I've had.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP definitely most patches before 1.6, ironically the secret beta of ESO. The nerf of smallscale, powercreep of CP and sets that do majority of your dps for you has made PvP less rewarding, frustrating and bland. The hopes of them fixing the lag disappeared years ago since their main focus is crown store and PvE content, sadly. ESO PvP had alot of potential.
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.3ish

Magedk vampire.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One tamriel was pretty fun, but too many people were Viper/Tremorscale crutching.
    If I had to pick a patch where PvP was the most fun its either 1.5 or Clockwork City (before the flood of proc sets, looking at you caluurion, zaan and sloads)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually have my best pvp experiences from the Homestead and Horns of the Reach patches. I think HotR was the patch where they nerfed many of the notorious proc sets, like viper, veli, selene, tremorscale, red mountain, etc. They also rebalanced mundus stones and traits that patch. They nearly got it right at that point, and I honestly thought they had seen the light and wanted to move away from these crutch sets. Then dragonbones came with zaan and caluurion cancer... and it has been more and more garbage since then, with Summerset and Murkmire bringing the game to an all time low.

I also have great memories of 1.5 era. I loved playing my hybrid resto/snb templar. Back when radiant aura gave 80% stam regen even while blocking, and had blinding flashes. I quit for a bit when 1.6 hit, because honestly that was just very unbalanced and broken when it came out.
    Edited by Koensol on November 1, 2018 4:49PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

post-2-1445282250.gif
    @SirAndy That fight back in beta was called the chalamo wasn't it? I remember one of my friends back then being the emperor there (Carde). I felt so bad I didn't get to be there. I got invited in one of the waves after that period.

As you probably know, there is actually an ingame book written about that battle. You can find it in the DC base camp in one of the tents close to the gate.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    post-2-1445282250.gif
    @SirAndy That fight back in beta was called the chalamo wasn't it? I remember one of my friends back then being the emperor there (Carde). I felt so bad I didn't get to be there. I got invited in one of the waves after that period.
    As you probably know, there is actually an ingame book written about that battle. You can find it in the DC base camp in one of the tents close to the gate.
    @Koensol
    Yepp, The Chalamo™ biggrin.gif

Carde was a fellow Psijic beta tester, we had 24/7 access to a private ZOS server that wasn't part of the public beta. I haven't seen him around in a long time but i remember quite a few memorable fights.
    The first few days after Silver Bolts was introduced were hilarious, the skill was completely overpowered and werewolves and vamps were dropping like flies.

And yes, ZOS added the book about that Chalman battle when ESO went live, that was a nice touch ...
    bye1.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 1, 2018 5:47PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, ZOS added the book about that Chalman battle when ESO went live, that was a nice touch ...
    bye1.gif

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Those_Who_Stood_at_Chalman_Keep
    This book directly references the events of an in-game battle between players at Chalman Keep, one of the first PvP events during the beta of The Elder Scrolls Online. It was during this battle that the game's first Emperor was crowned.

post-2-1445282250.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 1, 2018 7:04PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I liked v1.0. Why? Because the game was new, everybody in PvP was a noob trying out builds. People actually cared about winning the campaign instead of farming AP.
    It was just the best experience no patch or nerf can replace.
    Was it the best balanced patch? Hell no. But at least there was less lag. I think eventually 1.5 was pretty balanced. But by then a lot of cheese build also existed.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the patch when Viper and Tremorscsle came out?

Good ol’ Days before everyone reaized how OP those two were.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

post-2-1445282250.gif

Stop! I'm getting tears in my eyes! :'(
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked that one where they said that proc sets are over performing and nerfed loads of them.. viper etc..
    That was a really good move they did and filled me with hope that they were moving forward to a better TTK and more skill based PVP.... Oh what went wrong!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    What was the patch when Viper and Tremorscsle came out?

Good ol’ Days before everyone reaized how OP those two were.

Viper and Tumor scale never hit anywhere as hard as Zaan ijs
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From console release until the day Dark Brotherhood came out PvP before IC was lit and was great up until Dark Brotherhood
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.