The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to launch game after Murkmire patch

Hopeless16
Ran the latest patch. I now can't launch the game - nothing happens when I click "Play". Also there re no "news" images on the launcher anymore. This was all fine before the Murkmire patch. This seems to be the case if I run it through Steam or not - I just click the Play button and nothing happens.

Please help!
Edited by Hopeless16 on October 22, 2018 5:04PM
  • Hopeless16
    No one willing to help?
  • Silver_Thorn
    My system generates a crash screen when I click "Play". All my other Internet-capable games continue to run just fine.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hopeless16

Please try re-installing the launcher and adding an exception in your anti-virus. After reinstalling try running another repair in the launcher.

If reinstalling the launcher and disabling your anti-virus hasn't helped, you should go ahead and contact customer support to open a ticket. Our support team can investigate into why the game is not launching.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hopeless16
    Thank you for your response.
  • Silver_Thorn
    Uninstalling and then reinstalling from scratch finally worked for me. However, during reinstall the patcher crashed several times before finally completing.

All of the other games and Internet apps that I have install and update without any of these sorts of issues. I do not know why your developers insist on doing things differently than the rest of the industry, but I strongly urge you to tell them to stop it.
  • Macamaarten
    Macamaarten
    Soul Shriven
    still have the problem on Mac OSx (no anti-virus cuz I don't need it)
    Any tips? I'm missing out on those event tickets, dramalama :cry: