The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran level (high CP) quests

csbeau1969
csbeau1969
✭✭
Hi all,

Feature request...

Has veteran level solo questing been considered? I really enjoy the quest content but at CP300+ there is simply no challenge. I know that some prefer casual questing, but could a toggle be added for veteran questing, similar to selecting veteran mode arenas or dungeons, which allows scaling for world content while also increasing the rewards provided?

Thank you!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's come up a lot of times because many veteran players are bored of how easy overland content is for them.

So far ZOS has not commented on it or expressed any plans (that we know of) to offer a veteran or harder version of overland content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • csbeau1969
    csbeau1969
    ✭✭
    Thank you Turelus!

ZOS, any insights?! :smile:
  • oopart
    oopart
    ✭✭
    This. While I myself am nowhere near meta or even competitive, I've heard a lot of people gripe about the easiness of Overworld PvE. Heck, I myself find it too easy at times. The option for those who want to add more challenge to their playing would be pretty nifty.
    Who would win:
    The fabric of reality and the linear nature of time and continuity?
    Or one Broken boi?
  • oopart
    oopart
    ✭✭
    That being said, a lot of Veteran players already have done Overworld content, or use it to get to CP levels. So I dunno how that would work.
    Edited by oopart on October 22, 2018 11:34PM
    Who would win:
    The fabric of reality and the linear nature of time and continuity?
    Or one Broken boi?
  • csbeau1969
    csbeau1969
    ✭✭
    I am CP413 or so (don't remember exactly), I have done a lot of the dungeons and the main story questions (incl DLC and currently Summerset.) Many of the side quests in each zone and Delves still exist. Ideally, they will add a feature. I had heard that they were considering allowing repeat of quests if doing so with a friend/in a group. Another idea would be the NG+ concept, after CP300 or so, selectable at choice (not forced).
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    csbeau1969 wrote: »
    NG+ concept
    any instance based ideas of incresing difficulty will ruin current state of the game. That was before One Tamriel update - game was almost feels empty, cuz vet players can see only vet players, non vet players can see only non vet players.

I must admit - currently there is no solution to increase ESO difficulty so everyone (new players, veterans, casuals, role-players) will be happy. It's just sad.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the concept, but at the same time I am a CP 690 and still have not completed Coldharbor. Mostly because I find that zone annoying, somewhat visually unappealing, and rife with quests that have you running over your own footsteps. I don't know if I would go back and do more overland "veteran" content unless it was more fun and more rewarding (with gear) than PVE group content
  • csbeau1969
    csbeau1969
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree that finding a solution may be difficult. It would seem that a veteran questing "toggle" in the journal could be an option. If selected, it would increase the difficulty of the enemies, and all quest rewards would be increased one or more quality levels. I like the group content but sometimes I only have 30 minutes or so, and it would be great if this was an option. A few quests with some difficulty and a chance at some decent gear (even if it just gets deconstructed for materials); a good "fix" for the day.

On the NG+ concept, at CP300 (or above) a character could be 'reborn' at level 50 CP300 and all quests reset. In effect a fresh game, but with all existing skills, champion points, gear, etc. Quests advance CP instead of skill points, enemies are scaled to mini-boss levels, and bosses are scaled to be more difficult as well. Rewards are blue, purple and yellow. Skill points could still be granted for shards or the first time content is completed, if not completed previously (when below level 50 300CP.)

Anyway, just ideas... Enjoyed the feedback and discussion...
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against this, but I highly doubt they'll ever do it. It's just not worth it for them when it comes to time/money.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO used to have this. Is was called VR. People complained and now we live in the world of 1-shot mobs.