The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade PvP builds for murkmire patch!

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    raw damage and stamina pool gonna be halved by battle spirit, penetration is the best value on pvp.
    1428 penetration = 129 damage, but on pvp damage gonna be halfed.
    penetration outshine raw damage / max resource for damage if not over penetration.
    the only pros on raw damage / max resorce is it increase heal and or higer resource pool.
    330 pen = 1% damage increase cp ON PVP
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @lucky_dutch I’ve thought of running that dw/bow setup in no-CP with the enchant changes - I would be nervous about it in CP. you could easily run something like master’s dw, then veiled heritance bow + jewels and run 5x ranger’s gait on the body with 2x troll king. If you go 5/1/1 then that’ll give you something like 44% snare immunity, IIRC. Troll king and rolling vigor may be enough to keep you adequately healed and you can run blood craze over rending. All infused weapons to proc some combo of shock/disease/oblivion glyphs on cooldown. I’ve got all that gear, so I’ll likely give it a whirl just to see how that works out.

In no-CP you could probably afford to run a few more pieces or well-fitted and build in a smidgen of magicka sustain so that you can reliably make use of vigor, TK and shadowy disguise for heals.

Depends what you want to achieve in Cyro tbf but yeah, in no-CP (BGs etc.), I think you have to go DW this patch to take advantage of those glyph procs.

The 5/1/1 ranger's gait idea is an interesting one.

I have been playing around with 5-2-0 with shuffle & no gap-closer. You don't need to remain glued to your target to apply a lot of pressure so apply bleed then go evasive until you want to go for the burst to finish.

There's only 2 things I don't like about this build:
    1. Spin2Win Stamsorcs wreck you. You can't really avoid them as they're so fast and hurricane prevents any restealth attempts and going toe-to-toe they'll win.
    2. Having rending/blood craze on my bars means I have to drop another key ability. Probably either fear or shadow image both of which are immensely useful in BGs.
    The pressure is much higher than your standard 2h surprise attack build though.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 20, 2018 5:56PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch , all builds have some counters at some point.

I do think that spriggans/spinners for builds will be the best front bar damage sets available next patch.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think that spriggans/spinners for builds will be the best front bar damage sets available next patch.

The best offensive ones atleast, if you want a stead uptime
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

The best offensive ones atleast, if you want a stead uptime

Looks like the enchants proccing from rending change is going live so I’m leaning into that.

Don’t need pen at all for bleeds so DW + 2h 7th Legion, Shacklebreaker + troll king. Tanky, sustained pressure and plenty of restealths/shadow image use.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to try to stick with my current HA DW/2H build, Shacklebreaker + Truth DW bar + Troll King + Asylum execute/utility bar and see how it works... should be as good as in previous patch in BGs.

For OW I might try going Medium 2H/Bow ... thinking about Ophidian Venom + Spriggan (2H bar) + Troll King + Masters Bow on backbar, unfortunatelly I still dont have all the trial pieces to put it together.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    Going to try to stick with my current HA DW/2H build, Shacklebreaker + Truth DW bar + Troll King + Asylum execute/utility bar and see how it works... should be as good as in previous patch in BGs.

For OW I might try going Medium 2H/Bow ... thinking about Ophidian Venom + Spriggan (2H bar) + Troll King + Masters Bow on backbar, unfortunatelly I still dont have all the trial pieces to put it together.

Truth is an interesting choice. Use a cloak offensively a lot to set people off-balance with surprise attack?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch I’ve thought of running that dw/bow setup in no-CP with the enchant changes - I would be nervous about it in CP. you could easily run something like master’s dw, then veiled heritance bow + jewels and run 5x ranger’s gait on the body with 2x troll king. If you go 5/1/1 then that’ll give you something like 44% snare immunity, IIRC. Troll king and rolling vigor may be enough to keep you adequately healed and you can run blood craze over rending. All infused weapons to proc some combo of shock/disease/oblivion glyphs on cooldown. I’ve got all that gear, so I’ll likely give it a whirl just to see how that works out.

In no-CP you could probably afford to run a few more pieces or well-fitted and build in a smidgen of magicka sustain so that you can reliably make use of vigor, TK and shadowy disguise for heals.

Depends what you want to achieve in Cyro tbf but yeah, in no-CP (BGs etc.), I think you have to go DW this patch to take advantage of those glyph procs.

I have been playing around with 5-2-0 with shuffle & no gap-closer. You don't need to remain glued to your target to apply a lot of pressure so apply bleed then go evasive until you want to go for the burst to finish.

1. Spin2Win Stamsorcs wreck you. You can't really avoid them as they're so fast and hurricane prevents any restealth attempts and going toe-to-toe they'll win.
    2. Having rending/blood craze on my bars means I have to drop another key ability. Probably either fear or shadow image both of which are immensely useful in BGs.

You can use draining shot as a stun+ burst heal to keep the pressure off of you from a sorc
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

You can use draining shot as a stun+ burst heal to keep the pressure off of you from a sorc

True for duels but not sure I could justify the slot for BGs or Cyro.

I’m actually leaning towards dropping the bow altogether now and going heavy dw/2h.

So tanky and if you wear shacklebreaker with shadow image you are so hard to kill. Damage is also more than sufficient with bleeds up and an awesome single-target spammable.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

Truth is an interesting choice. Use a cloak offensively a lot to set people off-balance with surprise attack?

Yes that's exactly what I do, its probably not the strongest setup but I like that you play your class to proc the set, put some effort in procing it and get rewaerded
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Released a new gameplay video, all the clips have been taken within 6 hours after the patch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Qm9bx5NIg
    Edited by TheRealSniker on October 23, 2018 5:22PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is: Orc or Redguard?

Redguard has the sustain but that’s less useful for NB than others as you can backbar werewolf and stealth when you need a breather.

Orc HP and damage is attractive.

Wood Elf looks a bit weak in a heavy build.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

Redguard has the sustain but that’s less useful for NB than others as you can backbar werewolf and stealth when you need a breather.

My StamNB is ORC and I wouldn't change 😉
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

Don’t blame you! The one thing that a woodelf has going for it is the 10% boosted damage on a cloaked surprise attack but how often are you able to pull one of those off these days with so much AoE spam?
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭

Don’t blame you! The one thing that a woodelf has going for it is the 10% boosted damage on a cloaked surprise attack but how often are you able to pull one of those off these days with so much AoE spam?

You would be suprised... as I said above I run truth set in BGs and proc it with SA from cloak quite often... of course I pick those snipe spammers and healers standing behind the rest of their team, you just need to know your primary targets and don't go all out berserk into the middle of the scrimmage 😉
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow image is broken tho, again. Sadly.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing stamblade without cloak is more fun, more challenging and less cowardly:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Playing stamblade without cloak is more fun, more challenging and less cowardly:)

I do not see the point of playing Stamblade without cloak or shade. You might as well play Stamden or Stamsorc, they’re more fun to play as a brawler
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

I do not see the point of playing Stamblade without cloak or shade. You might as well play Stamden or Stamsorc, they’re more fun to play as a brawler

Sadly. I tired it over weeks but the NB kit fits not so well.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still running Bone Pirate, Sheer Venom and Skoria. Sheer venom dot, poison inject, double damage poisons and Skoria mean a lot of pressure as well as just straight raw burst means people have to go defensive a lot.

I use duo drinks as well, so have a LOT of magica and stam sustain (1.4k and 2.6k without continuous) so I can get away from 90% of fights if I want.
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 20, 2018 5:00PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    What do you recommend for BGs? Also clever and spriggans medium?

• TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    What do you recommend for BGs? Also clever and spriggans medium?

I was the most successfull with Clever Alchemist and Spriggan... Especially when I play with my buddies and can rely on them defending me, then the time comes where I can just stay in combat and pick people off 1 after the another...
    Most people dont expect and cant handle the damage output of my Stamblade in a no-CP enviorment