The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CP or no CP?

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
That is the question. I asked this in the campaigns forum but it's dead in there...

For all of you who have jumped at one point between the different campaigns, what are your opinions?

Do you find combat and lag better in noCP environment? Is there more prestige or challenge in a CP campaign? Where are all the big guilds? The heavy hitters, the streamers and well-known PvPers? Are you squishier in CP or noCP? Are there specialty builds that thrive better in either mode?

All of these questions I have, and more. But most importantly, which campaigns are more stable, in your opinion? I have been playing in Vivec since I can remember and the load screens and lag can get unbearable. I think I might be looking for a change, if the move is worth it...

CP or no CP? 126 votes

CP
28%
josh.lackey_ESOJakxXeniphningauble_7b14_ESOKayshaShareeDetectorRastoricEirellaMayraelPaganiniDefiltedCurtdogg47TheRealSnikerSnowZeniaJohnRingoQbikenmontiferusAlfie2072jinks223 36 votes
No CP
56%
Solarikenwheem_ESOFatalyisThrabenTurelusElara_NorthwindDatolitemariuszeb17_ESO5CasNationWolfpawSureshawtRohausglaviusBashevKolacheKartalinDemonDruagaEmirriiEnder1310Nemeliom 71 votes
Both!?
15%
DeadlyRecluseKetarmishValagashThe_ShadowbornMinnoSugaComaCasulMetemsycosisBrutusmax1musKadoinRaddlemanNumber7pzschrekWildRaptorXRevokusAznoxrabidmyersSiohwenoehtRakeCreationofgod 19 votes
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Ive never played a no CP campaign but I have been playing BG recently and I feel like Im much more competitive in that setting. Not sure if its smaller group or no cp or being under lvl 50 but it seems more balanced with no CP in my opinion. But Im not a big PVPer so take it for what its worth... not much lol
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    I haven't played no cp for some months, but I don't remember experiencing lag issues there. Vivec on the other hand is a lag fest on prime time.
    Now, if you go for the 7 day cp campaign, there's no lag there. So I use it as guest campaign.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Seems like No CP was how the game was meant to be played. And I have all the CP in the world.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP
    Non CP is offensively unbalanced
    CP is defensively unbalanced

When I go into BG’s it’s nothibg but proc sets, snipe spammers and pet sorcs. Due to the extreme offensive unbalanced non CP provides, proc sets and cancer builds like snipe builds and pet sorcs shine in this setting. However, remove all the stupid proc Sets, snipe builds and zoo keepers, I’d say no CP can be a bit more challenging and competitive. But until all these terrible proc sets, snipe spammers, and zoo keeper pet sorcs are removed. No CP will continue to be a place of just no skill trash.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    no CP is a lot more fun, but besides battlegrounds cyro is dead on no cp
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    no CP is a lot more fun, but besides battlegrounds cyro is dead on no cp

I'm leaning more towards no CP as well but is there any real presence in Cyro? Are all the big guilds in CP campaigns?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both!?
    If youre talking about cyrodiil, you'll get very bored in no cp.

Bgs on the other hand are fast paced a blast.

Vivec is awesome as well, especially if your goal is to be outnumbered and beat the odds.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    No CP
    no-CP feels alot more skilled when you get a kill. if you end up with a 5-10 min 1v1, its because you are on a very close skill level with the person (assuming they aren't full tank). in cp, if your alone, you will get 5-10 min 1v1's simply because people have so much passive tank at max cp.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    no-CP feels alot more skilled when you get a kill. if you end up with a 5-10 min 1v1, its because you are on a very close skill level with the person (assuming they aren't full tank). in cp, if your alone, you will get 5-10 min 1v1's simply because people have so much passive tank at max cp.

That's my main issue with CP is the crazy tank factor of some of the builds, 1vXing with no risk involved. I enjoy the balance in noCP more.
    Edited by Datolite on October 18, 2018 1:20PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both!?
    I always carry gearings for both, because on any given night you don't know where the "good" PvP is going to be.

Some nights I can't play Vivec for technical reasons and Shor is dead...so I hop in Sotha. Some nights Sotha is all yellow and there's nothing to do, so I have to hope Shor is hopping.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    1) I enjoy the gameplay more, with shorter, more intense fights in no-CP. I tried CP and some fights are a slog fest: I take very little damage, even in light/medium armor (I don't play heavy) and so does the other player so the kills are too few to keep me satisfied. The extra 20% stats, as well as mitigation from various resistance CP disproportionately favors defensive play-stiles.

2) Much less lag in Cyrodiil, even during large battles & sieges. I'm getting >30 FPS consistently in Sotha Sil, and <150 ping, while on a similar size battle in Vivec I get <10 FPS and 250 ping with frequent 999+ spikes and frequent stoppages, when the screen freezes for a few seconds after which I'm dead on the ground since I got hit by 101 skills, sieges etc.

3) I don't need to change my CP from PvE, and I change only the gear and consumables, and rarely the mundus, which is much less cumbersome. BGs are no-CP so I can easily change between Cyrodiil and those. I stopped playing BGs for a whole patch, when they made them CP, for the reason stated at #1.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Non-CP is way better overall. Players are less tanky, group composition matters more, and there are noticeable trade offs for builds. BGs are where PvP shines the best, imo. Although I think a 2 team system would be better, BGs are still way less laggy and you're not fighting zergs.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP
    I have pvp'ed more in no-cp campaigns during the past few months. Overall, I PVP less because of the wonky server.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    I prefer no cp. I started here because I didn't have high cp, then through playing it I got to max cp and just stayed.

In cp gampaigns people stack much more damage, because everyone has so much survivability and sustain from cp. Dueling in no cp usualy always ends in a winner, but dueling in cp pvp in my experience usually always ends in a draw or a very long boring fight.

Because you don't need to stack stupidly high amounts of damage to get kills it means more build options too.

I still get insane lag and fps drops here though, it's unplayable prime time, or for me anyway, I seem to die often to people pulling off timed combos when I can't even use 1 buff.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    people who argue blue and red cp cancel each other out clearly have no idea how the game works.

Noncp gives you better time to kill, you actually have to put defensives into your build, less lag, EP ZERGS ON SOTHA SIL EU :trollface: which makes the whole campaign unplayable for smallscalers and solo players.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Datolite wrote: »
    That is the question. I asked this in the campaigns forum but it's dead in there...

For all of you who have jumped at one point between the different campaigns, what are your opinions?

Do you find combat and lag better in noCP environment? Is there more prestige or challenge in a CP campaign? Where are all the big guilds? The heavy hitters, the streamers and well-known PvPers? Are you squishier in CP or noCP? Are there specialty builds that thrive better in either mode?

All of these questions I have, and more. But most importantly, which campaigns are more stable, in your opinion? I have been playing in Vivec since I can remember and the load screens and lag can get unbearable. I think I might be looking for a change, if the move is worth it...

1. Lag on Vivec is unbearable.
    2. On EU both Vivec and Sotha are roughly equal in "Prestige".
    3. On EU, the "big guilds" tend to be on Vivec. Sotha is dominated by medium scale guilds - and the red zerg.
    4. Well known PvPlers tend to play on both servers.
    5. NoCP makes non-tank builds squishier.
    6. Yes. Glass canon builds prefer CP, as do extreme tank builds.
    7. Shor is the most stable campaign, I guess.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP
    no cp = no counterpplay
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP
    There’s a lot of lag in both but at least CP diminish the effectiveness of set bonuses and thus makes non-tank builds more viable.

BGs are utterly dominated by heavy AoE builds and it’s super-boring.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both!?
    Not much is more fun than outplaying a zerg group with 3 ppl though.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • in both campaign is lag during prime time but in no cp there are less ball grps so less lag
    • in cp are more better players and in no-cp are a lot new players (if you look for slaughtering noobs no cp is quite nice)
    • both no cp and cp are unbalanced but i like the balance from cp more

no-cp:
    Unbalanced sets are less a problem in cp while procs are extrem strong in no cp
    race/build short-comings can be balanced with cp
    no-cp pvp is most of the time decided by number and less by skill (getting outnumbered is really hard in no cp)
    no-cp favors stamina by a lot open world

cp:
    more lag and ball grps
    it is easier to build to be unkillable (you will see a lot of templer healbots)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both......are broken
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both!?
    Both I enjoy both BG and Vivec Zerg Surfing
    PvP needs more love.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Far too many questions. You might be better off simply asking what people play.

Saying there is no lag in no CP, and/or no population, is, I believe, true for NA. Not so for PC EU, where Sotha Sil is almost as full as Vivec.

Is it not mostly what you're used to? I like CP. I like being able to survive and possibly turn a fight as a solo player. However, even as a tanky magplar (near cap resistances, 3.1K crit resist, ice staff), I can still be bursted to near unfair levels by a suitably specced stamblade in CP. In no CP, I feel, the element of surprise, having the initiative and being the aggressor, is even stronger. This is not actually something I like, or at least I'm not used to it. That, and the fact that bleeds / procs clearly overperform, has never made me feel that no CP is better, just different.
    Edited by fred4 on October 21, 2018 3:31PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Non cp has its problems.

But it has a lot less than cp which is a mess. Either run heavy and 30k hp or don't bother.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Non CP is offensively unbalanced
    CP is defensively unbalanced

When I go into BG’s it’s nothibg but proc sets, snipe spammers and pet sorcs. Due to the extreme offensive unbalanced non CP provides, proc sets and cancer builds like snipe builds and pet sorcs shine in this setting. However, remove all the stupid proc Sets, snipe builds and zoo keepers, I’d say no CP can be a bit more challenging and competitive. But until all these terrible proc sets, snipe spammers, and zoo keeper pet sorcs are removed. No CP will continue to be a place of just no skill trash.

Cp is the place for no skill trash. Healers, high hp builds, and tanks thrive way more in cp. No cp all those zerglings are quick easy kills.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    Much prefer no CP as it means I can transition back and forth from PvE and PvP, as well as just feeling more like old Cyrodiil/PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't feel like doing BGs and Sotha is empty I will go to Vivec. I don't really enjoy CP PvP much as all the builds feel very sameish and the infinite resources can make some fights very boring quickly. Vivec is also very zergy and pretty much unplayable during primetime simply because more people play it. On weekends Shor can be really nice as the fights aren't too big.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP
    If you go play No-CP you'll be amazed at the amount of 'strong' players that get lit up with ease. No-CP also breaks a lot of the meta-chasers builds and shortens their crutches significantly.

Literally anyone can permanently survive against another player in CP, if they want to (Survival seems to be the main go-to for most players as some kind of proof of skill, zzzzz) - It's mind numbing and doesn't take any skill to be aided by infinite stats.

In CP I can have fights that last 15 minutes to the point where you stand still and just all walk off in different directions - In No-CP, I either die or they do.
    Edited by BNOC on October 31, 2018 2:39PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP
    Sotha Sil XBOX NA is where you go when you need to complete a non-PVP objective becasue there might be 3 other people in there on prime-time.

On a rare occasion I will see one bar yellow in prime time, never one bar for blue or red.

Vivec-XBOX NA if you want to fight huge battles
    Shore-XBOX NA if you want to fight smaller battles and more experienced players.

Cp i where I play becasue I have spent a good deal of time earning them so I am going to use them. If ZOS decides to rip them out and go with something else , so be it, but playing in no-resources(No-CP) is boring and not fun.

I am not going to rebuild any of my PVP characters so I can play there. BG suck becasue it is only 12 people. If I want to fight small I can duel. NO one plays in non-CP Cyro on xbox.

Cyro is fun becasue it is hundreds of people and I enjoy the chaos.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both!?
    I said both because I am willing to bet, as soon as you stack sotha pops and stack keep fights, you are going to wish you played BGs lol.

As of now, sotha does not have the same pop as vivec so it's harder to compare. Off prime time vivec works just the same as primetime sotha.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual