The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Rapid Maneuvers - Balance before Live

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What some people seem to be ignoring is that ZOS wanted to reduce the ability to keep powerful buffs up 100% without a major investment. A group keeps Expedition nearly 100% with a major investment and support characters dedicated to providing it. To me that seems consistent with the changes.
    Of course, they could just comment themselves and clear it all up.
    Edited by Sandman929 on October 17, 2018 8:34PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    What some people seem to be ignoring is that ZOS wanted to reduce the ability to keep powerful buffs up 100% without a major investment. A group keeps Expedition nearly 100% with a major investment and support characters dedicated to providing it. To me that seems consistent with the changes.

Yes I would love if they would comment and clear things up. @ZOS_GinaBruno

But I disagree. 16/18 players not having to spend a single GCD, skill slot, potion bonus, or any stam or magicka whatsoever is hardly a major investment. * They don’t even have to think about it.
    Edited by del9 on October 17, 2018 8:41PM
    PCNA

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

But I disagree. 16/18 players not having to spend a single GCD, skill slot, potion bonus, or any stam or magicka whatsoever is hardly a major investment. * They don’t even have to think about it.

They do have to think about it, they have to have players willing to run support. If it's just the numbers, that's a separate argument and yes, 16 people have more flexibility than 3-4. No one is forced to limit their numbers.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pssst. 2 out of 240 skill slots is a major investment, don't you know?
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

well if you are one of the guys using maneuver then you would change your mind xD... but anyway.. I still think my idea of how to change it, would be the best. actually that what you suggested, making it cheaper for smaller groups by a certain percentage sounded really nice. It's not like you are going to be immune to roots anyway.. people that dedicate their time to be annoying and press roots every second will still be able to root you, trust me.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's consistent with the current PVP gameplay, which is ass btw.

Keyword: current.
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 17, 2018 9:34PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Vilestride wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »
    Rapids have no use in combat. Hardly something worth nerfing.
    kojou wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I have ecountered one of these Rapid Maneuvers spamming zergs, but I'll take your word for it that they exist.

Every endgame PVP raid has a rapidbot (or two) in their group. Keeping rapid up all the time is the central point of group mobility. Its real function is the de-snaring/snare-immunity though, the speed is just a secondary (and very welcome) effect.

@kojou Whenever you have been run down by a ball group that was not slowed down by caltrops, you were encountering at least one rapid spammer

I've been run down by lots of ball groups... They also had heal spamming, AoE damage spamming, and buff spamming. Those crazy guys had people that specialized in all kinds of spamming. It almost like having superior numbers gave them a tactical advantage.

It's also almost like dedicated roles and group coordination is useful in fights. It's almost like that.

That's crazy. You guys are crazy people. Your crazy ideas ard not welcome here.

You cannot say that consistently spamming a skill to bypass it's intended detrimental effect is anything but exploitative in nature.

It does not keep the buff up in combat which is the issue Zos is looking at now. So it is irrelevant.
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    Ok just so people realise rappids its not a 100% up time in group and yes you have to think about it.

Rapids is removed everytime you do damage or heal. In a raid situation this is extremely frequent meaning if you go want the buff for up for any significant ammount of time you'd have to stop healing and doing any damage of any sort, as no matter the ammount of spamming unless a counsious choice is made by the players not everyine will have the buff all at the same time. And when I goup falls into this situation they are vulnerable.

See this is what ZOS mean when they say investment. #1 Dedicating a player to it
    #2 The group as a whol communicating when to prolong the buff
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok just so people realise rappids its not a 100% up time in group and yes you have to think about it.

Rapids is removed everytime you do damage or heal. In a raid situation this is extremely frequent meaning if you go want the buff for up for any significant ammount of time you'd have to stop healing and doing any damage of any sort, as no matter the ammount of spamming unless a counsious choice is made by the players not everyine will have the buff all at the same time. And when I goup falls into this situation they are vulnerable.

See this is what ZOS mean when they say investment. #1 Dedicating a player to it

These are good points. Even accepting these, the uptime for the effort of RM is so far from in-line with the other mobility skills on PTS that they are pretty moot.

PCNA

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe ZOS could finally implement a new skill that allows you to escape to a random location within 20 meters of your position.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

It is totally unfair to gut the mobility of a solo player but keep the mobility on people who don't even use this skill (because they are in groups with people dedicated to spamming it).

Joy was this fed back to them by the class reps?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

It is totally unfair to gut the mobility of a solo player but keep the mobility on people who don't even use this skill (because they are in groups with people dedicated to spamming it).

But it's a group utility skill, that's why it hits group members. It's unfair to plan a group composition to provide support/damage/healing? It's unfair that doing so is advantageous?

How is it "balanced" to nerf solo stuff while not doing anything to group utility skills?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

But it's a group utility skill, that's why it hits group members. It's unfair to plan a group composition to provide support/damage/healing? It's unfair that doing so is advantageous?

How is it "balanced" to nerf solo stuff while not doing anything to group utility skills?

I think you and others are labeling it "solo stuff", what I get from the notes is that ZOS thinks it's too effortless to maintain high mobility with duration on skills, potion based Expedition and Swift jewelry traits. Maintaining high mobility via rapids is anything but effortless.
    The main gripe seems to be that some groups do what's needed to have adequate support, and others want to keep their "small group" or "solo" playstyle while having the advantages that come from having group roles and cooperation.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we could go back and forth guessing at intent for awhile. Wouldn't it be nice if a Dev could just write something up about rapids, how they'd envision it being used versus how it is currently used in open world group PvP? They can't possibly be completely oblivious to ball groups.
    If they think that a support role shouldn't be able to provide this kind of mobility to the group, and they change it, I'd be fine with that too.

What bothers me with some of the comments here is that people think bigger groups are getting something for free that smaller groups aren't. There are still an actual people playing support roles, and their builds are centered around supporting the group via buffs and enemy debuffs. It's not easy and it's not free for the group, someone has to do it.
    Edited by Sandman929 on October 18, 2018 2:27PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But we could go back and forth guessing at intent for awhile. Wouldn't it be nice if a Dev could just write something up about rapids, how they'd envision it being used versus how it is currently used in open world group PvP? They can't possibly be completely oblivious to ball groups.
    If they think that a support role shouldn't be able to provide this kind of mobility to the group, and they change it, I'd be fine with that too.

On this, I agree with you 100%. I figure there are 4 possible options:
    1. It's intended that rapids can be used, via a dedicated rapids monkey, as a way for large groups to maintain relative immunity to snares and high uptime on mobility.
    2. It's not intended, but it's considered valid emergent gameplay and they are fine with it in the current context of PvP.
    3. It's not intended, and they're not okay with it in the current context of PvP.
    4. They're unaware of it.

I think most people arguing to keep it untouched assume the dev response is some blend of 1 and 2, and most people arguing that it needs adjustment assume the dev response is a blend of 3 and 4...

and it would all be clarified by...an actual dev response.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having a horse in this race - but with all these mobility changes I guess next update we can just writhe away in the Time Stop spam agony. Everyone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

The only part of solo skills they are nerfing is reducing durations. Rapids duration already has a limiting factor on its duration. So actually they are brining other abilities into line with it. I.e. balancing.

Just because someone doesn't like a group playstyle it doesn't mean that being able to play this way is negative. It would be like saying all heals should be self target only.

Additionally the argument that the group doesn't have to think about it is also completely flawed.
    A group has to
    1) ensure to keep this player alive whilst they focus on providing this buff amongst other things
    2) output enough dmg healing and debuff removal to maintain a balance of kills to mobility.
    3) provide resources to the players in group who are utilising such roles.

The argument people should be making is for a magicka root/snare removal which doesn't make you unable to act (mistform)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 19, 2018 1:30PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The argument people should be making is for a magicka root/snare removal which doesn't make you unable to act (mistform)

I saw a suggestion bouncing around to make mistform's snare immunity and speed buff independent from the damage resist/transform (so you could cancel out of mistform and get the remaining duration of the ability in the form of a snare removal+expy, but not the damage resists). That seemed like a cool idea.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh my head

"Shaking my head my head" ?
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Smh my head

"Shaking my head my head" ?

Lmao my ass off.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is incorrect.

Rapids is removed whenever you do direct healing or direct damage..
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

The only part of solo skills they are nerfing is reducing durations. Rapids duration already has a limiting factor on its duration. So actually they are brining other abilities into line with it. I.e. balancing.

Just because someone doesn't like a group playstyle it doesn't mean that being able to play this way is negative. It would be like saying all heals should be self target only.

Additionally the argument that the group doesn't have to think about it is also completely flawed.
    A group has to
    1) ensure to keep this player alive whilst they focus on providing this buff amongst other things
    2) output enough dmg healing and debuff removal to maintain a balance of kills to mobility.
    3) provide resources to the players in group who are utilising such roles.

This is not true. You know quite well solo and small groups dont run rapid maneuvers, they run multiple swift. Groups run rapds because the can afford to dedicate one or 2 to have a back up if you do bring one down.

And it is not hard to keep them up. With all the healing being spammed. Your not fooling anyone.

It is way easier to focus on one role then all of them. I will give you leading is extremely difficult. But the other roles are a complete joke versus soloing.

Large groups will be running circles around everyone. More so than they are now and you know it.

How can you even write that post with a straight face.
    Edited by ShadowProc on October 20, 2018 7:51PM
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

This is incorrect.

Rapids is removed whenever you do direct healing or direct damage..

Yes that is true but eveyone is doing either damage or healing.
    If you're a bomber and not doing dmg all with path or sap then there is a problem and this removes the rapids buff. Same goes with healers so yes maybe the "rapids bot" has it up nearly all the time but everyone else it the raid does not.
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid spammers in zergs don't keep maneur uptime.
    They literally spam them like a some kind of purge, so anyone from that group can't be rooted or snared.
    Because at next 1-2 sec it will be cleansed from him not matter if using some skills or not.

I write this for those who don't know how it's going on, but trying to defend rapid maneur in current form.
    Please, stop.

Mobility nerf in Murkmire put solo and small group players to even more unfair state.
    Thats the problem, and this thread is a try to ask Zenimax for rapid changes also, if they nerfed short time buffs.
    Also, 3 classes have no any class ability to counter snares and roots in light and heavy armour.
    Passive in light armor is completly wrong way, which also ruins light armor identity.
    It's a very stupid situation and i'm not happy of Murkmire patch in general.
    Edited by Anethum on October 21, 2018 7:07AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos should start taking away things that empower large grps - they´ve taken everything solo/smallgrp players could use. time to let only the faction stack reign now.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• pokrakus
    pokrakus
    ✭✭
    Zos is making Cyrodiil for zergs. Its not only the speed changes but also map changes in murkmire
    For example enviroment next to briges on pts all Stones, some trees, not jumpable briges its all together final blow for smallscale fighters no place for kiting, no towers on briges. Nerfing single players and not ballgroups speed sources is obvious sign. Its sad.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    pokrakus wrote: »
    Zos is making Cyrodiil for zergs. Its not only the speed changes but also map changes in murkmire
    For example enviroment next to briges on pts all Stones, some trees, not jumpable briges its all together final blow for smallscale fighters no place for kiting, no towers on briges. Nerfing single players and not ballgroups speed sources is obvious sign. Its sad.

Another good point. Disappointed in the bridge design.

I'd like to try to keep this conversation on topic of this particular skill, and not make this an us vs them/ small vs large scale thread. But your comment is relevant because I would be much less upset about it only the devs stated that this was their intention - to encourage massive-scale play and discourage solo and small play. I'd still be upset, but their silence on this overall issue is very disheartening as loyal player.
    PCNA

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. The large groups in here defending this skill are literally laughing about it to me.

Those here saying its removed by a heal or damage have not played in a good large group. They get ordered to stop healing and damage to move. The best groups like Drac know when to stop and don't need to be told.

That's why this game so unbalanced. The uninformed on these forums making comments like that and Zos listening. Not your fault. We were all there once.

Just know that if Rapids does not get changed to like a 6 person cap, these ball groups will literally be unstoppable. More so than now.

Good luck..
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pokrakus wrote: »

Another good point. Disappointed in the bridge design.

I'd like to try to keep this conversation on topic of this particular skill, and not make this an us vs them/ small vs large scale thread. But your comment is relevant because I would be much less upset about it only the devs stated that this was their intention - to encourage massive-scale play and discourage solo and small play. I'd still be upset, but their silence on this overall issue is very disheartening as loyal player.

Well maybe its relevant in that ball groups might be the smallest you can run and therefore is now the defacto "small man group" to where we all will need a rapid spammer and a purge spammer.

Guess it goes to a question on whether you feel a random pug zerg us an issue, or more organized ball groups. I've been in both at different metas but I find it only fun when you run into the same sort of group on the other side.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has access to this skill so I fail to see how it can be imbalanced. ZOS only targeted class-specific skills.

This skill is also mandatory for a lot of content:

- Skyshard/Psijic portal/book collecting
    - Node farming
    - Traveling between keeps in Cyrodiil
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 21, 2018 11:25PM