The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you decide your primary house?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that has all my stations.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium size, cozy, not too big that it feels empty but enough space (and slots) for most of my stuff.

Also the main reasons i only use the free villa for storage, it's too big to be filled nicely with the current slot limit.
    It'll always feel empty ...
    popcorn.gif
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My primary house is the only one I think of as "finished."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I enjoyed furnishing/building most.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the only one I have that has enough place to have my skellies. I have no interest in other houses or housing outside of that.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has stations and I'm most happy with it's decorations.

There are two homes I have with stations, one of them I made the stations part of the decor and it's my original primary. The other one has a secret path hidden from view with my stations thrown in haphazardly. If and when i decorate another home where I can put in the stations without killing the vibe, I'll remove them from that secret area and make that new one my primary.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the advent of Summerset, I have found a home that at present meets all my needs, so it has become my primary residence. The house is Alinor Townhouse.

It is a fair sized house, with outdoor space, that is neither too large or too small. There are enough slots to accommodate all storage chests, banker, merchant and Pirharri the Smuggler.

All amenities, bank, crafting stations, skill and attribute change stations are all only a short walk from the front door, as is the wayshrine.

I placed my newly acquired Transmute Station in it, to complete the 'convenience' items. Thank-you Jewellery Crafting and JC Master Writs.

I also love the architecture of the house, which is a bonus. For the first time, there is a home that I visit several times a day.

Edited by Tai-Chi on October 18, 2018 12:59AM
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenience. It's the Sleek Creek House. The location is perfect, next to Rawl which I love because it's such a tightly grouped town, and with an Outlaw's Refuge right out the back door.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on October 18, 2018 3:54AM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one I put the most time into. The island. But in time I plan on changing to the one in coldharbor if and when I ever start getting attunable stations.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me I dont buy every house, generally I fine one thats the "perfect" canvas so to speak, that fits my style every so often one I like more comes out and I have to buy it and trade up
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I'm not ashamed to show to the public.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only the Khajiit. I took it because it has water.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I live in. Castle Claws.

All the other properties they are places of business yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    I always intended Daggerfall Overlook to be my Main House
    The Gardner House was my Second home.
    Gyrmharth's Woe is my Winter Home.
    Hunding's Palatial Hall is my Summer Home

Now that I bought Summerset, I'm torn about the Alinor Town House. maybe I'll make a character and that will be their house.
    Edited by Mason_King on November 3, 2018 11:32PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've set Strident Springs as my Primary because it is the most finished, however, I use Snugpod a lot because it has all crafting stations and is handily near turn in spot. My alts only do provisioning, alchemy, and enchanting so I got those crafting stations for the conservatory room in Psijic Villa; they go well with the decor and are handy if I have writs when I'm there. I use Sleek Creek when I have a lot of stolen goods (and maybe a bounty) and I use Alinor Townhouse for a jaunt into Alinor.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My primary home is the Serenity Estates in Reaper's March. As to why, its near a Wayshrine that also has a chest spawn between them. The barn to the left is a perfect place for all the crafting stations, merchant, banker, and that darn cat...
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked Sleek Creek because:

1. It's Medium, not huge.
    2. Large, good looking flat outdoor area with water feature (I hate claustrophobic indoor areas).
    3. 3 second walk to an Outlaw Refuge.
    4. Nice, warm lighting that's not depressing and dark.
    5. In a main city.

Edited by Lake on October 21, 2018 1:38PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually it's the one I'm working on decorating and want to make easy for people to pop in and look at things whenever they want to, and then I forget and leave it that way until the next time I'm forced to stop whatever I was doing and go to my newer house so someone can teleport to me to look at it. xD
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually set it to the home that has all the runes, Transmute station, etc in it. That way anyone can use it, regardless if they have PTF or any other add on.
    Edited by Delphinia on October 21, 2018 1:56PM
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wish for a primary residence would be... medium sized home with wayshrine, crafting, & crafting turn-in close by. Lots of garden space and an Outlaws refuge not too far. I also like places that don't have a lot of stairs. At the moment, I have not found the perfect home, although I own several. Closest that came to this ideal was actually the free apartment in Alinor, although I would love an actual home with outdoor space. I've also been tempted to purchase the Alinor townhouse, but all those floors don't appeal to me. It is pretty, though, and is in a fantastic spot. I'm also debating getting the witch's cottage. It is all on one level, wayshrine seems close, crafting stations can be added, and it can be make beautiful with gardens and such.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ashryn it sounds like Sleek Creek in Rawl'kha would fit your needs
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one I am working on.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    It is the one which serves as a guildhall for various people from different alliances. However, I would like to have another house as my true primary - the one which represents my main character.