Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Describe: Average PVP’er

• Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    KUSH, BoD, Pact Militia, etc all scream average to me. ;)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Sometimes we let our passions for balancing get the best of us and we lose sight of the need to balance the game around the average.

How would you describe the average PVP’er?

Please keep the conversation civil and respectful!

Waits for the population of their faction to imbalance until they will travel more than 20 meters from their home keeps they are defending.

Uses a bow, Has 28k+ health (sometimes 35k+), can't kill nearly anyone solo (but doesn't have to!!!!).

Shout out to the 45k health bow spammers that embed in the blob, that's just LOL.

Then you have the 16k I always forget about my food dudes, that will rage at you in whispers when you kill them before they can react.

Lastly, but not to be forgotten, is the hide and piercing markers. They will stay in stealth and hide until they see a nightblade kill someone and immediately mark them and then follow them (in stealth) until the opportunity presents itself (the marked nightblade is fighting someone else) to spam snipe and dump ulti before immediately going back to stealth or spamming cloak to get away.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6' tall, athletic, likes to go for long walks in the woods ...
    bye1.gif
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

bye1.gif

They said “PVP’er”, not serial killer.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

Po ta to

That's not how Dan Quayle spells it...
    PS4 NA
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes we let our passions for balancing get the best of us and we lose sight of the need to balance the game around the average.

Please keep the conversation civil and respectful!

ep are all tanks and stand there and hold block, dc run around towers db and call themselves good, ad sit in stealth light attacking with bows and don't res anyone
    Edited by chris211 on October 15, 2018 8:06PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

Po ta to

That's not how Dan Quayle spells it...

Gotta put an "e" at the end!

:wink: see, I got it!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I would say an average player is someone who “meta-shifts”. They aren’t good enough to succeed with their main when it’s not on top so they re-roll to whatever is.

Also, “average players” crutch on things like proc sets, poisons, & unmitigated damage because they just can’t be successful otherwise; that would take skill & effort.

I don't agree. Average just stay with what they are comfortable with. They don't take the time to learn new builds and metas, they know that whatever they ware, if they stick with the zerg they will gain AP. That's average.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    *enters cyrodiil*

*hits enter and types /zone*

*"lfg invite please"*

*runs from flag to flag with zerg for maximum AP GAINZZZZZZZ while being brainAFK*

This
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirsty
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    bye1.gif
    They said “PVP’er”, not serial killer.
    "long walks in the woods" = Cyrodiil = PvP ?

Oh well, my genius is apparently lost on the average forum poster ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wildly varying.

It's easy and sometimes fun to imagine everyone else fits our preconceived notion of what a player looks/behaves like, but it's rarely accurate and always entirely subjective.

Case in point: I can be out solo trolling enemy resources to cut off their transit lines and maybe looking for a little fight in the process, when suddenly a huge zerg train decides to show up at my location. I was not a part of that zerg, nor am I going to leave the resource I just cleared by myself without getting the AP I worked for. Now, the enemy rolls up and sees me standing there in the middle of the horde and thinks "gross zergling potato loser [insert other derogatory term here]", even though I had nothing to do with the horde or its movements.

While I don't think people who enjoy playing in large groups are deserving of the rude treatment they're often given, I DEFINITELY don't think I earned it in that moment, and because someone perceived me through their own subjective bias, I'm now forever branded, even though I was just minding my own business.

Everyone has their own motivations for being in Cyrodil, and circumstances often dictate how those motivations are going to play out, so I try not to judge people in the moment. Also, attitudes, metas, playstyles, and group behaviors vary across platforms and campaigns, so I don't believe there is an "average" to be determined.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the average would be the total sum divided by how.many individuals.

Yeah, that'll give you the average PvP player

Now if you want the mode, well we'd need more info
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    54C164A07970EBCD7F5DFC6C4E428559D1E141B5
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only game where the skill of the average pvp player has gone down since release.

Due to zos's stupid lower the ceiling plan.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't care about the map, doesn't care about defending home keeps, doesn't care about dethroning/crowning, spawns at Alessia runs toward bridge and/or zerg surfs and/or runs around a tree-> stealths away before killing or dying-> runs around another tree
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    bagon wrote: »
    The game is being balanced for the average pvper already. thats why every patch small scale gets nerfed and zergs get buffed.

It could be argued that these small scale nerfs are justified, really when it comes down to it what's more of an issue balance wise? Your build that can take on 20 players and never drop below 50% hp yet burst someone instantly, or people playing how multiplayer games are meant to be, in a group working together to win? Just because the 20 are worse than you doesn't mean you should win since they have numbers, it's not realistic. Just my opinion though.

Realistic wouldn’t be the word. If you know anything about war history and battles you’d know there’s been people that did some crazy things by themselves. Balance would make more sense. Although I don’t agree that just because you have 20 people you should win. If you let one person outplay you and you have 20 people then you deserved to die.

Fair, but if you go to war with 1000 troops and they have 20,000 what are your odds of winning without back up or some kind of trap? And out play isn't really what's happening there. These "small scale" builds are basically just tanks who run around building ult until they can stun you and hit a dizzy/wrecking into you then dbos/onslaught and an execute and all of that completes before they can do anything worthwhile to save themselves. If we want to say burst is balanced, then that means burst heals like earthgore are also balanced, but in reality we know they aren't. Frankly as far as I'm concerned they're equal, just seems like the people who run these insanely overpowered do builds tend to be the more vocal ones to complain.
  • chesspilgrim
    chesspilgrim
    ✭✭
    i’m not sure if you are talking average in terms of skill or average in terms of behaviors.

i think the average player in terms of behavior doesn’t really like pvp that much, and they log on for a few hours at a time to grind out however much ap they think they should have. they immediately look for a group, regardless of what that group will be doing, because...ap, or they find the zergs and surf. if there is no zerg, then

i think in terms of skill, the average player wears one or more newly released proc sets and plays whatever class is currently considered meta, whether they know the class really well or not.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it carries a bow and spams snipe it might be a noob. If you solo a resource with siege it might be a noob. If you sit on the wall with siege while outnumbering your opponents it might be a noob. Typical signs I see anyhow