The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Missing Light & Heavy Armor Skills on new char - XBOX

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
XBOX NA. New char created 2-3 days ago.

Levelling up a Stamina Warden. Whilst I have the majority of my training gear in medium, I have a heavy chest and light shoulders so I can put some XP into the Light Armor and heavy Armor skill lines.

Thing is, the only skill line I've been given is Medium. Nothing I seem to do will earn me and allow me to level up or select skills or passives in Light or Heavy Armor.

This char is now approx lvl 34 and has gone through 2 sets of training gear including light, medium and heavy pieces.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to gain the skill lines of heavy, Medium and light armour, you need to wear 3+ of that respective Armor type in order to gain the skill line for that Armor.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    In order to gain the skill lines of heavy, Medium and light armour, you need to wear 3+ of that respective Armor type in order to gain the skill line for that Armor.

Really? Has this changed as I've had 11 chars in the past that levelled up with 5-1-1. Never put 3+ items on to get the other skill lines
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    It changed back with Morrowind's Chapter. Has been that way for a while.

@Alassirana
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, you're still earning xp and leveling those skill lines in the background while having that single piece equipped. Once you equip 3+ pieces of that armor you will see the "New skill line added - Light/Heavy Armor" and it will be leveled up to whatever is appropriate. You won't be starting from scratch.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    It changed back with Morrowind's Chapter. Has been that way for a while.

Oh, OK. I stopped playing before Homestead and only returned with Summerset so missed the change.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, you're still earning xp and leveling those skill lines in the background while having that single piece equipped.

OK, good to know; thanks