The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ald Velothi Harbor House - Dwemer ruins explorer's study (WIP)

Watchdog
Watchdog
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought the Treasure Hunter Costume and I decided to create a character that would use it. Enters Miara Indoril, a young Dunmer explorer and Dwemer ruins scavenger:

Miara needed a proper home, naturally, so I bought the furnished Ald Velothi Harbor House in Vvardenfell for her. Since I had already found the Library of Andule with my main character, I owned the model of Vvardenfell. Who better to to put it to good use than an explorer like Miara. I decided to create a sort of a study/briefing room for her in the house, with some Dwemer and possibly Clockwork City furnishings and decorations. I have yet to find enough furnishing plans and buy or craft enough furnishing items (especially Dwemer ones) for this little project of mine, but I enjoy adding a thing every now and then as they become available to me.

I would love to add more NPC's, but the only other available one is the Soul Shriven in the Crown Store.

All this thinking and planning warrants a drink:
jGH3Wt8.png
Bird's eye view of the room:
5OdwsEp.png
Miara's desk with some refreshments:
Y6NPCk7.png
Miara's trusted butler often helps her with the preparations and planning of the next exploration journey:
bUoGWh7.png
Where to next, then?:
W5xSvlL.png
"Speak with me a moment!":
FrA5SZk.png
The most important inhabitant of the house - Ahvardn the everplayful kitty:
gM82jhX.png
Giving instructions to the housekeeper before leaving:
y5yFD7x.png
Arkngthunch-Sturdumz, here I come:
tUKumc7.png
Edited by Watchdog on October 16, 2018 10:02PM
Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:07AM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Lymantria_Luna, I am glad you like my little pet project. :)

I got some more Dunmer furniture, some more Library items (such as papers and signed contracts) and I bought the Enchanter's box. I finally managed to obtain enough Dwemer Frames and got my crafter's Solvent Profiency to 5, so I was able to craft two Dwarven Sconces, one is in the view. I also managed to buy a detached Dwarven Centurion's hammer. Then I remembered I had a Dwarven Spider pet too. I am curently working on the Dwemer Theodolite pet, 3/7 pieces collected. I still have to obtain the Razak's Opus pet.

Miara returned from an expedition:

Let me guess, Muthsera. The undoubtedly late owner of this Arachnimunculus didn't feel overly excited about the idea of parting with it?
    dqKxYfq.png
    I shall add it to the growing list of assets of our esteemed house, then.
    FeX7ieq.png
    I also found this strange Dwarven Puzzle Orb.
    AGSe1oU.png
    Hmm, that's what I call a fine piece of craftsmanship. One hell of a fight, but there is not a single new scratch on the blade.
    rQET5g0.png
    Edited by Watchdog on October 20, 2018 7:20AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that putting a small source of fire deep inside volcano of the model of Vvardenfell gives this nice effect of smoldering?

Hope to see your entire house furnished with Dremer only furnitures. Not just single room.
    It's always better to see a themed places made only from items of one race. Or the items coming only from three great houses.

I'd also clap a lot for a house made without a single item bought for crowns, but all for gold, from either achievements or guild stores or crafted. Both my medium houses were furnished according to these rules :).

Dwemer fountain, clock, mechanical plan maps, system of bend pipes, these would look good in this house. Especially if the internal pipes are moved outside to a corresponding ducts visible in the courtyard. Items available from guild stores however not cheap.

From my experience the Clockwork City and Dwemer furnitures do not correspond well each other. They are from different tales :).
    Edited by Gargath on October 20, 2018 12:36PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @Watchdog ! I love that your created an interesting character and a space that makes sense for her story! <3 It makes me want to play Tomb Raider! haha
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever find yourself on PC/NA, wander on over to my Mistveil... You might like what you see.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @Watchdog ! I love that your created an interesting character and a space that makes sense for her story! <3 It makes me want to play Tomb Raider! haha

I am glad you like it. All my characters are really characters with a backstory and an idea behind their creation, not toons or some such simpletons. ;)
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    If you ever find yourself on PC/NA, wander on over to my Mistveil... You might like what you see.

Thank you for the invitation. I do have a character parked on NA PC server from the Summerfall event. I probably won't be seen there much until the next such event, though.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gargath - I put a triple candle inside and it does indeed look much better, thanks for the tip. B)
    eYOEI8o.png

The problem with the Dwemer furniture is, that I feel there just aren't enough Dwemer furniture types to fully furnish a house with it. I may have to keep using some Dunmer furniture. Miara was born to House Indoril afterall.

I do buy some of the houses furnished, because that gives me some furniture to get started. I "recycled" some of the furniture from a few Inn rooms this way. I regret buying the rest for gold, though, and especially getting the Penthouse in Vivec City for free, since I would otherwise have gotten some nice Dunmer items.

I may furnish another house for another character with Clockwork City furniture right and proper. Most probably my Redguard.

I hope to obtain more furniture plans and get the rest of my crafing skills to maximum, so that I can craft the items myself.

*looks at his Jewelry skill somewhere at 42+* Grumble, grumble, grumble...
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, and you may also ask your fellow guild mates (if you are in a decent guild) to craft some items for you free of chargé or for low amount. I do so sometimes for my guildies if they need something they can't do and I can.

Using this list should help focusing on certain "great houses" items :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."