The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina DK and Maelstrom Arena

pollywogs1970
pollywogs1970
✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to try Maelstrom Arena but I understand it is hard for stamina DK. According to Alcast, I should use a combination of Hunding's Rage for chest, belt, shoes, pants and hands. Then I should have Vicious Serpent for necklace, ring x 2, axe and dagger. But for the life of me, after 50 normal trials, I haven't been able to obtain any weapons for Vicious Serpent. I was able to collect chest, belt, shoes, pants and hands for Vicious Serpent. My question is can I use Hunding's Rage weapons instead of Vicious Serpent?

Thank you for reading.

Polly
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can.

The reason it's usually recommended in the orientation it is, is because if you swap bars with a set like Hunding's on the weapons, you suddenly lose a substantial amount of damage on the back bar. Whereas if you are just losing the VO 4 & 5 piece bonuses it's not hurting your dps output as much.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vicious ophidian is good on 5 piece all the time if you have some sustain problems, because you will get the reduce stam cost on your backbar. If you don't have sustain issues, then it's best on weapons since the minor slayer stat stays as 3 piece constantly.

You could also maybe try briarheart, that way your stat will go over to backbar.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on October 20, 2018 12:18AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, not that you asked, but if you want an easier time in vMA while you're learning (I imagine it will be especially brutal as a new stamDK!), consider going in with a fully leveled up werewolf setup.

You can do literally the entire arena while staying in WW form (it's hard, but doable), and your damage and healing is very straightforward while wolfing about. This'll let you focus on the mechanics and enemies more, which is what vMA is all about.

Just something to think about. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! :)
  • pollywogs1970
    pollywogs1970
    ✭✭
    Thank you for all the help. I am actually at the highest CP. It is just that I have been too chicken to try Maelstrom vetran :pensive: