The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Darkshade Cavern I, questgiver not giving quest.

Iamnuff
Iamnuff
✭✭
By the time I load into this dungeon, the group (and the quest-giving NPC) are already fighting a group of enemies near the entrance. As soon as this fight is over the questgiver loses his quest-giving status (marker vanishes, his dialogue options are removed) thus preventing me from accepting the quest from him in the first place.
This is probably because he follows the party through the dungeon as an NPC, then becomes an enemy at the end.
Either way, it's preventing me from accepting/completing this quest.

I've had this happen three times on two separate characters. Please have him retain his quest-giving status for long enough for people to actually talk to him.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a workaround, enter the dungeon solo before you queue for a group and pickup the quest. Then queue ...
    shades.gif
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK if its the case for DS1 but some other dungeons do the same thing BUT once they are out of combat the quest pops back up, happened to me the other day and i just waited a min
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Iamnuff
    Iamnuff
    ✭✭
    IDK if its the case for DS1 but some other dungeons do the same thing BUT once they are out of combat the quest pops back up, happened to me the other day and i just waited a min

The quest is there in-combat, it's after it ends that the marker vanishes.