The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vMA Magplar tips and tricks

RedKialandi
RedKialandi
✭✭
Hi there, Im on my 9th vMA run with my magsorc, as Im still looking to get my mitts on that infernal inferno staff. Id quite like to do a run or two on my magplar, so what's a good way to go about it? So far Im thinking 5 Juli 5 Sorrow 2 Valkyn with Force pulse as primary spammable, but what's a better option? Also, how much regeneration do I want?
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force pulse works but in my experience jabs is better as it heals you
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jabs are really the only way for a magplar to get passive healing while dealing damage, so unless you are super familiar with the add spawns and mechanics I highly recommend running jabs as your spammable.

The first character I ever got Flawless Conquerer was on my magplar and I used exactly the same build as you, except with Iceheart. Just keep up your dots and spam sweeps and you're golden.
  • RedKialandi
    RedKialandi
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Jabs are really the only way for a magplar to get passive healing while dealing damage, so unless you are super familiar with the add spawns and mechanics I highly recommend running jabs as your spammable.

The first character I ever got Flawless Conquerer was on my magplar and I used exactly the same build as you, except with Iceheart. Just keep up your dots and spam sweeps and you're golden.

Oh that's cool! Would you mind sharing some of the skills you used? I'm tossing up on what to fit on my bars as I like to have shields on both bars, although using ice heart may ameliorate that
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure thing:

Front bar: Vamp bane/Jabs/Jesus beam/Harness/Inner light---ult: Destro ult
    Back bar: Blockade/Shards/Entropy(cuz I'm too cheap to use fancy pots)/Channel Focus/Inner light---ult: Meteor

This was a few patches ago so on live I would prolly swap out backbar Inner Light with Race Against Time for mobility+Minor Force+extra shield.

Another build I used to use for farming VMA was Infallible Aether+Julianos, and with this build you just heavy attack everything to death, like a pet sorc. This build is probably only worth it if you already have VMA lightening staff tho.
  • RedKialandi
    RedKialandi
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Sure thing:

Front bar: Vamp bane/Jabs/Jesus beam/Harness/Inner light---ult: Destro ult
    Back bar: Blockade/Shards/Entropy(cuz I'm too cheap to use fancy pots)/Channel Focus/Inner light---ult: Meteor

This was a few patches ago so on live I would prolly swap out backbar Inner Light with Race Against Time for mobility+Minor Force+extra shield.

Another build I used to use for farming VMA was Infallible Aether+Julianos, and with this build you just heavy attack everything to death, like a pet sorc. This build is probably only worth it if you already have VMA lightening staff tho.

As a matter of fact I do have a vMA lightning staff, as well as both a shock/fire infal staff and gold jewels from AY farming. So would it be lightning on both bars?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah double lightning staves. Also, 75+ points into Thaumaturge for the Exploiter passive if you end up going this route.