The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Loading Screen Are Back?

madeeh91rwb17_ESO
madeeh91rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
In the end of last year I was getting these infinite load screens on ZONE CHANGE.
But then things got normal for whatever reason on their own.

Today I got two of those again.

Whats going on?
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day just entering/exiting the building with the respec shrines in Alinor was taking 3 minutes plus to load. Was really irritating since I had an XP boost ticking. Then I remembered the shrines in the big tree in the AD zone would save those load screens. Oops.

I think it means the zone instances are full and you're queued for a spot. Not certain of that.
    Edited by qbit on October 19, 2018 3:19PM
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Perhaps it is the XP boosts that are causing it.

I don't have exact memory of what I was doing last year when these used to happen, But I was grinding random dungeons with XP boosts to level some chars.
    The problem was still there during the new life festival.

Could also just be coincidence.
    Just thinking out loud.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens a lot more these days. Long loading screens going from one Wayshrine to another but usually no delay at all. It is definitely associated with the Server and not my computer.

I think the Server load is getting to be a bit too much. So many proc sets, CP calculations, population of players, etc all being done which affects everyone.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep they’re back with a vengeance. Every 5 or 6 loadscreens it’s a death sentence
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please fix the loading screens
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as it is an older discussion that has been bumped. Below you will find troubleshooting if you still encounter long loading screens in ESO.

Getting stuck on a loading screen is frequently caused by an add-on. Go ahead and uninstall your addons and try to log in again. To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

If the issue does not persist, then one of your add-ons is creating the issue. Try re-enabling your preferred add-ons one-by-one in order to determine which is causing the problem.

Changing game settings back to default can also help If the issue persists:
    1. Open the game and go to the settings menu [Esc].
    2. Go to each subsection, Social, Gameplay, etc. and reset all settings to defaults.
    3. Once this is done, try starting the game again.

If after resetting to default and clearing your add-ons and the issue continues, turn off your PC completely, reboot your router and try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.