The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone remember ...

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
Socom

That was a game that was pretty well balanced

Most 1v1 fights resulted in both players dead, 1vX X always won

Light armour you were fast and squishy, medium you were quick, but had a little more survivability, heavy , you could tank a few shots but we're slow you weren't running away from them so you were gonna have to suck up that damage ...

And best of all... No health regen at all ... Dead meant dead till next round ...

Imagine entering cyrodil dying and not being able to reenter till campaign reset ...

I think that's the way forward ... Don't you ?
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'd need the old 90 days campaigns back for that.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be permadead then, RIP
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would get rid of build diversity entirely. Lack of health regen, limited tanking would lead to HEAVILY favoring builds with stealth and quick burst damage. Gankers would reign, and the map would be super super boring.

This is... a pretty bad idea all around. It's good for some games, but not for ESO.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead means you can't come back until the campaign reset? Thats gonna make for an empty Cyrodiil.

Dead is quick and cheap in ESO's PVP. Which is beneficial when the learning curve is pretty darned steep.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would get rid of build diversity entirely. Lack of health regen, limited tanking would lead to HEAVILY favoring builds with stealth and quick burst damage. Gankers would reign, and the map would be super super boring.

This is... a pretty bad idea all around. It's good for some games, but not for ESO.

And that's my whole point ... Stop wanting thing that were great in other games and start loving eso for what it is ...

ESO may not be perfect but if we keep asking for silly changes cos it was great in such n such ESO will die it's death by our own hands
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don't remember and nor does pepperidge farm.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

And that's my whole point ... Stop wanting thing that were great in other games and start loving eso for what it is ...

ESO may not be perfect but if we keep asking for silly changes cos it was great in such n such ESO will die it's death by our own hands

I think maybe you should have included this in your original post, because Poe's Law is a thing on the Internet. Or the forums broke my sarcasm detector again,
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be a level 15 w/ full gold gear #twink #BattleLeveled
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX X always wins sounds like a good concept when everyone is on the same skill level. Otherwise its just major *** to think that way.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Socom

That was a game that was pretty well balanced

Most 1v1 fights resulted in both players dead, 1vX X always won

Light armour you were fast and squishy, medium you were quick, but had a little more survivability, heavy , you could tank a few shots but we're slow you weren't running away from them so you were gonna have to suck up that damage ...

And best of all... No health regen at all ... Dead meant dead till next round ...

Imagine entering cyrodil dying and not being able to reenter till campaign reset ...

I think that's the way forward ... Don't you ?

Man, I loved the SOCOM games. Golly those campaigns and multiplayer were great!
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, and when the last 2 or 3 remaining players are trying to find each other...
    PS4 NA