The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Latency Seems to be An Issue for Many

radogamer
radogamer
✭✭
I've been in this game since before it went public, I've been in every beta and spent the first few years as a paid customer. I never in that entire time ever had an issue with Latency, the game has always played smooth for me. I have had the same internet connection for all the time I have played this game. Recently I decided to re-up my subscription as I was beginning to miss the game and when I can afford to, I love to support my favorite online games.

For the first couple of weeks the game played beautifully, as the time ran on I began to notice some latency issues but gave it no thought and just played on. IN the past couple of weeks the the latency became more frequent until now the game is consistently in 999+ fluctuating to 660 and 799 then back to 999+. I have rarely hit 200.

At first thought maybe it was my system which is actually very powerful so I updated my adapter's drivers to the most recent and removed a few unnecessary apps that I found running on Win10, that made no difference I then added a port forward to my router and created a static IP for my system and that made no difference. I called CenturyLink techs and they verified I was getting the speed I have always had to my modem. The last thing on the list on my end will be to update the firmware to my modem, which in fact I've been using to play the game with no issues up to now and my router is a high end Asus. Soooo

With all that said and the realization that I'm not the only one who is noticing this problem, all I can say is WTF!! I'm not a computer novice I build my own system's and have run my own servers, do server maintenance and have been a webmaster for 25 years. Please don't tell me to check my ping please don't tell me it's my connection please don't....

This is a problem for many so what's the deal?
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Just in a random dungeon with unplayable 10-15 seconds lag then we all got kicked to overland at same time but still in group. Why ZoS made events with all this instances needed for achievements or plunder skulls when the servers can't seem to cope with normal capacity is beyond me.

Expect this to continue during peak hours for probably the whole event. They are great (they think), at designing events for social media yet don't consider, or don't care, about the consequences of their choices for the paying players. I just cannot fathom the logic...
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just in a random dungeon with unplayable 10-15 seconds lag then we all got kicked to overland at same time but still in group. Why ZoS made events with all this instances needed for achievements or plunder skulls when the servers can't seem to cope with normal capacity is beyond me.

Expect this to continue during peak hours for probably the whole event. They are great (they think), at designing events for social media yet don't consider, or don't care, about the consequences of their choices for the paying players. I just cannot fathom the logic...

This is not an event issue at this point. For me i started seeing really high pings and lag spikes a few days ago.

I have done trace routes with and without VPN and it seems to be an issue with Akamai which is the service run for ZoS ddos protection they are re-routing traffic from their nearest server node to Netherlands and then back to the NA megaserver.

I can understand if they are using it to scrub incoming attacks but otherwise it does not make any sense to make that kind route, and not for this long.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already an ongoing thread discussing latency issues, we will be closing this thread. Please continue any further discussion in this thread. In the aforementioned thread, we have advised those experiencing latency to contact customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.