The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade shock/fire enchant

Hostee
Hostee
✭✭✭
I’m a little confused as to which bar has what enchant. I am a dark elf with backbar maelstrom with fire enchant and frontbar MS with shock enchant.

Should I have those enchants swapped or do i have it right?
Edited by Hostee on October 18, 2018 11:19AM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should have the stronger enchant on front bar. Because if there are adds between you and boss, blockade will proc the enchant on the add because it's closer to you. You want the weaker enchant on the add and stronger on the boss. In this case, you want to have Flame front and Shock back bar.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Font fire, back berserk.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Font fire, back berserk.

Due to the changes last patch, so that ele blockade even procs enchants of the backbar when on frontbar, that meta changed and berserker enchant is outparsed by a lightning enchant. ;) Thats because berserker only was proccable with a light attack, so you either had one berserker glyph proc per rota if the rota was static (around 45% uptime) or due to a dynamic rota more procs and more uptime. But berserker could not proc from ele blockade, but lightning glyph can, and due to it proccing even on frontbar that meta changed to the lightning glyph backbar and fire glyph frontbar.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Font fire, back berserk.

False. You get more damage from having shock front bar for minor vulnerability and flame back bar is more damage.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said fire front since it's stronger and can be targeted to a particular enemy rather than what ever is closest. However the dps difference is minimal, literally 200 dps maybe.

Also to add enchants remember the crit rating from the bar it was triggered from, so if you're running mothers sorrow this will further favor fire front.
    Edited by Sparr0w on October 19, 2018 12:57PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor vulnerability makes shock stronger.
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    As said fire front since it's stronger and can be targeted to a particular enemy rather than what ever is closest. However the dps difference is minimal, literally 200 dps maybe.

Also to add enchants remember the crit rating from the bar it was triggered from, so if you're running mothers sorrow this will further favor fire front.

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Minor vulnerability makes shock stronger.
    Sparr0w wrote: »

@Haashhtaag Minor vuln is up 100% in trials and will have the same uptime on a dummy no matter if it's front or back bar. The only difference is targeting and crit value.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t use dummy parses tbh. I know with shock front and flame back my numbers are higher.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    I don’t use dummy parses tbh. I know with shock front and flame back my numbers are higher.

Sounds like you don’t weave fast enough then for flame to overtake shock..