The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exorcised Coven Cottage

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
My question is, why it doesn't have a simple basement (catacombs like) thus why the hut is so small? Or maybe there is a basement, somehow added by ZOS after last event?

This house is... way overpriced with 250k gold - definitely not worth so much, available after doing multiple achievements - that's ok, but has "medium house" status, which is ridiculous considering the space and other houses in this category (like Mournoth Keep or Ald Velothi Harbor House).

This tiny hut with small garden should earn a "small house" status long ago and cost lowered to 100k max.
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    My question is, why it doesn't have a simple basement (catacombs like) thus why the hut is so small? Or maybe there is a basement, somehow added by ZOS after last event?

This house is... way overpriced with 250k gold - definitely not worth so much, available after doing multiple achievements - that's ok, but has "medium house" status, which is ridiculous considering the space and other houses in this category (like Mournoth Keep or Ald Velothi Harbor House).

This tiny hut with small garden should earn a "small house" status long ago and cost lowered to 100k max.

Buyer beware... On console, this property suffers from the Console Weather bug introduced in Morrowind and never addressed. It will rain inside the cottage. It will also rain through any item placed (console - not PC)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, its pretty perfect as a large storage shed for all my extra furnishings, mostly because it fits all my storage chests.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, this house has one of the best slot to space ratios in the game, imo. It is a very good price because it's smaller size combined with so many slots makes it very modular.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 18, 2018 5:55PM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Um, this house has one of the best slot to space ratios in the game, imo. It is a very good price because it's smaller size combined with so many slots makes it very modular.

How many slots is it? with and without es0+
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

How many slots is it? with and without es0+

200/400

It's one of my favorite homes - I wish they'd offer more of this size/type of gold purchasable home
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the grounds themselves are larger than, say, Ald Velothi (and certainly Velothi Reverie - or Cliffshade, which doesn't have any exterior), but the house itself, is, yes, quite small. And, it's really just an exterior structure, so as mentioned above, it rains inside the hut on console.

But, they fixed the ceiling inside the hut so that you can build a second story. It's a themed house, and available for a limited time, so I guess that's why they charge more. But I disagree with them lowering the price now, as that wouldn't be fair to all the players that have already purchased it. Plus, as another poster mentioned, it has 200/400 slots. If it were a small home, it would only have 100/200.

Since this will presumably come around every year, a player can plan and save up for it. I like the house, though I haven't really done anything with it yet (bought it last year).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 18, 2018 8:00PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This house is... way overpriced with 250k gold - definitely not worth so much, available after doing **multiple achievements** - that's ok, but has "medium house" status, which is ridiculous considering the space and other houses in this category (like Mournoth Keep or Ald Velothi Harbor House).

Ok, first off, those achievements aren't exactly difficult.

Secondly, sure there may be houses which seem like better value for money, but if you're complaining then you want this one. I can appreciate that. It's one of the few I've bought. It's nice.

Last month the end of month daily reward was 100k.

And I'm pretty sure you'd find that everyone who has purchased this home - some possibly with real money - would be entirely reasonably angry if it were downgraded to "small house status" and it's furnishing limit nerfed. In fact because it was for sale with real money that would be illegal.