Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

YAY or NAY? (updated)

BalticBlues
BalticBlues
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The upcoming Murkmire patch will profoundly change the combat system.
Mostly with massive nerfs - especially for Shields, Mobility and Sorcs.

Judging by everything you know about the upcoming patch:
Do you APPROVE the combat changes for the most part (YAY!)? Or...
Do you OPPOSE the combat changes for the most part (NAY!)?

If "YAY", please share your TOP 3 pleasure points.
If "NAY", please share your TOP 3 pain points.

Please note that this poll is NOT for discussion. It is to show the devs if this patch is regarded by the community as doing more good or more harm to the game. Your feedback can highlight positive aspects to keep and negative aspects to fix.

This is the updated Poll for PTS Patch 4.2.4, the first poll was here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439454/yay-or-nay/p1

Edited by BalticBlues on October 17, 2018 5:48AM

YAY or NAY? (updated) 67 votes

YAY!
22%
Iruil_ESOSkoomahKanarDerraHuawaSeppNeoauspexNyladreasjeedrzejLadislaoLiquidPonyWyresscliffracerhuschdeguddzjeBooPerScOOperWoppaBoemStratloc 15 votes
NAY!
77%
Imryllarasysb14_ESOmanny254DemigogJoosef_KivikilpiMinalanFearlessOne_2014NolaArchNobleX35 Nick1620BalticBluesdagonbeerRebornV3xLucky28ReckyZaCadburyTyrion87Sygil05MalagenRValykc 52 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    Nerfing nightblades is not the right solution in terms of other underperforming classes...
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on October 17, 2018 5:46AM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NAY!
    1. Light Armor and game philosophy crippled by Shield redesign
    Explanation: Light Armor will receive LESS shield resistance than Heavy Armor. This turns the Magicka philosophy of this game upside down: For the first time, LA performs WORSE for Magicka skills than HA. This considerably harms LA users playing with low health to meet DPS requirements.
    Possible solution: Reverse shield resistance calculation, so that LA has better shield resistance and HA has less.

2. Pet Sorcs crippled without 3rd bar
    Explanation: Sorcs using two pets (blocking FOUR slots) will not have enough slots anymore for meaningful gameplay. This is one reason why the original Sorc developer created the 3rd bar, so that 2-pet-users get 3 more slots to balance this out.
    Possible solution: Fix Sorc pets to only use ONE slot (NB Shade pet also uses only one slot).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5509200#Comment_5509200

3. Pets dying due to crippled Shields in Dungeons, Arenas and Overland content
    Explanation: Due to the crippled shields, pets are easily dying in Dungeons (even though there was a band-aid installed for this), Arenas and even Overland content against notable bosses:
    Possible solution: Remove the Shield Cap for pets instead of adjusting tons of content.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5542393/#Comment_5542393

Edited by BalticBlues on October 17, 2018 6:07AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NAY!
    1. Mobility is still gutted. Major Expedition duration has to go up. Duration of skills that grant Major Expedition has to go up. Duration of speed pots has to go up. Doesn't even have to be back to what it was before, if you don't want players to gain 100% uptime on Major Expedition through potions alone, so be it. But there has to be a viable way to maintain Major Expedition, which with the way these nerfs are, there isn't. Increase speed pots to 24-32 seconds, add a speed pot for magicka. Increase skills that grant Major Expedition to 8-12 seconds. If this were to happen, players could use speed pots to gain Major Expedition for a decent time, then use skills to fill in the downtime. Hell, players could use skills alone. But currently, players won't try harder to maintain Major Expedition uptime. They just won't try at all. It isn't worth the commitment to keep it up, as it is now.

2. Shuffle still needs to be adjusted. The cost reduction was good and all, but it just isn't enough to make it a viable alternative to Forward Momentum (which the fact that Shuffle is considered an alternative to Forward Momentum is insane to begin with). I suggest reducing the duration of Evasion, the base skill, down to 16-18 seconds, then changing Shuffle and Elude to give 0.8-1.0 seconds per piece of medium armour worn. This way, players can either choose between viable snare immunity, or longer AOE reduction.

3. Balancing. With. A. Sledgehammer. *** stop.
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    NAY!
    1. Lack of mobility could become a destructive factor for the pace of combat on some classes;
    2. Restricting class identity (sorcs, magnbs) makes the RP/theorycrafting part of the game simply unfun. Moreover, it pushes solo players to create groups for having important buffs which they had before with their toolkit;
    3. sleeedgehammer stop pls.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    It’s gonna be so EXCITING!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    Nay.

Merciless change ridiculously heavy-handed, Healing Ward change has removed many Mag classes only access to an instant-heal plus enchants now proccing off bleeds etc. is genuinely game-breaking.

All we're going to see is stam class in heavy spamming bleeds and AoEs, same as on live except now it's even more obnoxiously OP.

GJ ZOS!
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 17, 2018 10:06AM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NAY!
    OP said 3... I tried... its not happening

1) Shields.
    2) Overload.
    3) Frag.
    4)Boundless.
    5) Minor toughness as a warden exclusive.
    6) As a follow up to 5 i disagree with their forced group diversity.
    7) elemental weap increased cost this was ONLY used becuase its cheaper than force/crushing. its not even a liked skill.
    8) Literally nothing they did to light armor helped even a little, noone cares about snares, we care about hard cc's see link if confused http://esoacademy.com/crowd-control-cc/
    9) Swarm increased cost, I dont even have a warden and i think this is stupid
    10) runecage, this skill is not more useless than what we started with, congrats
    11) Healing ward

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    Pvp player here

New evasion makes templar's damage pathetic against characters with that buff

Heavy armor nb is still way too strong compared to everything else

Major expedition change is *** beyond comprehensions. Really, really, really stupid change with no logical sense on how it was made like that
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    YAY!
    TOP1 - only a massive nerf to sorcs
    TOP2 - only a massive nerf to shields
    TOP3 - only a massive nerf to mobility

But wait there is a bad thing too:
    More nerfs incoming with the next combat balance patch :confounded:
    PTS-EU
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    NAY!
    1. Mobility nerf's. Got a strong taste of this playing lower level BG's without Major Exp pots and FM. With 2k recovery+Netch /32k stamina my stamina was perma empty without even attacking. Between the need to sprint, break, dodge roll these mobility nerf's will utterly destroy NO CP Cyro and BG's. Snares can be as strong as 70 percent on some skills with near permanent uptime. Forcing players to run 2H for gap closers limits build choices. Thanks for telling me how to play.

2. Overload. Sorcs passives need to be reworked to allow more bar space. Losing this bar is devastating. Stamsorc loses 2 bar slots to bound armaments. Without BA my sorc loses 8% stamina. 11% LA damage. 20% HP recovery, 20% Stamina recovery.

3. Major Evasion. Every class relies on AOE skills for damage. Good luck fighting pre mades in Battlegrounds.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NAY!
    I can live with the shield nerf, but Overload bar, ughhhhhh!. I will be playing my new NB more and more as time goes on.
  • glorinand
    glorinand
    ✭✭✭
    NAY!
    With the current changes to sorc shields, frags, pets, ... I feel like this character that I have spent so much time on has been made completely worthless. Nerfs have happened before, but I feel that this is really out of all reasonable proportion.

It is also about trust. I am not looking to invest months into building something completely new just to have it nerfed again by crazy devs. I have trusted them in the past - even through some pretty rough stuff - but now it seems to me that they really have no idea what they are doing, so it is goodbye for me.

The last one out, please switch off the lights, as they say where I come from...
    Edited by glorinand on October 17, 2018 2:03PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    1.) blanket nerf to mobility. Should have nerfed swift and speed pots to like 20 seconds. Then test and adjust skills as needed later. 4 seconds of major expedition is an absolute joke.
    2.) soldier of anguish, even in its nerfed state it’s still going to be a tool for zergs. And furthermore, they wish to add more of this “healing negating” effect into the game which when stacked with defile is going to cause massive amounts of rage.
    3.) yet another patch with no fixes to performance. It’s absolutely embarrassing that they don’t care about the state of their gameplay.
    Edited by Valykc on October 17, 2018 3:37PM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    YAY!
    I like my templar again
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAY!
    no real buffs for magdens and nerf for mag sorc its sad
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.