The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Stations in Houses

wolfie1.0.
wolfie1.0.
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There has been a recurring bug that keeps happening when people load into homes. Crafting Stations that are located on Platforms keep registering as being unable to interact with them. This is Very annoying as guests that come to visit said homes are very much inconvenienced by this. Sometimes this can be fixed by replacing the said station, however, this is not always the case. This issue occurs mostly when such stations are located on raised platforms above the ground but also when stations are on the ground. This issue appears to have something to do with how items spawn into the home upon entry. Can we please have someone address this?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fixed my issue by moving my crafting station. i had one on a platform in earthtear that was near a stalagmite. it would work, then it wouldnt. moved it slightly away, never been a problem since.
    I built my platform up as high as possible, always had an issue. Moved it down, no more problem.

There are areas where you just shouldnt put things.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had all crafting station in my previous home(daggerfall overlook) I built a huge deck to the left of the manor going over the water with all stations on it and after a week or so I constantly had issues. Either with loading in or any kind of clipping in a player built platform seems to be the issue so I bought the coldharbor estate and just planted everything there. Plenty of room for everything without having to build areas for tables. Now if there were just more home options with different looks with the same layout as coldharbor estate I would be happy.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love for this to be fixed
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an issue with Hakkvild. On XB NA, I'm in two guilds that have GHs in Hakkvild, and all stations are placed on the porch area around the outside of the hall. This is not a player built area. All worked fine until Summerset. Now, none of the stations work in either of those GHs for me.

I had another guild whose GH was on the lawn of Linchal. They all worked perfectly, even after SS launch. But recently, the GH moved to the Grotto, where the stations are on a player-built platform on the beach. Most of them don't work. I managed to get them to work one time, after logging out of the game, shutting it down, power cycling my XB, then once I got back into the Grotto, I toured the entire place to see how it was decorated, following a walkway that curved around and up above the ship. When I got back to the crafting area, they all worked. Tried last night to use them, but no luck. No amount of relogging, power cycling, or waiting for the stations to load worked.

So, after an hour of that, I spent another hour going around to all the stations in the wild to complete my master writs.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 30, 2018 3:44PM
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    from what i can tell from friends and reading on the forums this is a common issue and is a where it renders issue.. typically what has to happen after some updates people with the correct permissions have to go back and move the item back to a targetable state which is a pita
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    I fixed my issue by moving my crafting station. i had one on a platform in earthtear that was near a stalagmite. it would work, then it wouldnt. moved it slightly away, never been a problem since.
    I built my platform up as high as possible, always had an issue. Moved it down, no more problem.

There are areas where you just shouldnt put things.

Which is exactly why i am posting this here. We have been told that we can build and place things were we want them to be and its annoying to have our creativity stymied by a bug such as this. Also its not just crafting stations that have this issue. this applies to ALL items that you can have interactions with. though stations are the most common.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vandellia wrote: »
    from what i can tell from friends and reading on the forums this is a common issue and is a where it renders issue.. typically what has to happen after some updates people with the correct permissions have to go back and move the item back to a targetable state which is a pita

Really this is my point. its been a known issue for a LONG time and nothing has been done about it.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    This happens on the live server as well.

In Princely Dawnlight Palace, my banker and merchants are placed in the back of the house by the stairway to the water and i always have to reset them to use them...

This bug may just be getting worse for some reason as the patches go on.

EDIT: They are placed on the ground, and not on any form of platform or added piece of furniture etc...
    Edited by jkolb2030 on August 1, 2018 1:07PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still not fixed.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear