The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Working for the enemy...SPAIS!

MetalHead4x4
MetalHead4x4
✭✭✭
With Discord and other "comms" I know this is probably impossible to combat, but that doesn't make it any less irritating. Here's an example.

I'm running around Vivec chasing an EP ball group, one of our "team" is a well known EP (cross faction whatever) but here's the kicker. I make a call out in zone "said group is headed for Glade" and on their way to Glade what happens, they immediately make a u-turn, and instead go to hit Rayles. Said "team member" rezz's me as they are on their way back, they all attack me. I die. He/she never gets touched. So I ride to go combat them at Rayles, I see said "team mate" standing there while they are seiging the keep...playing the lute, standing right next to them and they never touch him/her. So I get one of the DC PvP GM's on the horn and tell them what is happening, his reply "STFU". So i tell someone else, I get this response "I highly doubt they are tipping off EP."

Are people really this naive or simply don't care? I mean it was obvious by the course change, and the fact that the EP group wouldn't attack them that they were working together. Is it too much to ask to pick a side? It's stupid, there's just no cause for doing this crap. Win honorably, not by using some shady cross faction "comms" to tip your friends off. Like I said, I doubt there will ever be any way to legitimately combat this kinda thing, but it's still pretty damn annoying.
PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "guild members/friends talk to eachother in cross faction shocker"

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know what ball group you're talking about. There's people who are DC and AD in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they had someone in DC keep them tipped off. That said group also said they're "not organized" and "small-scale" when they're running a pretty organized 20-man ball group.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It cracks me up when people accuse others of being cross faction spies because they don’t get attacked by certain enemies.

It’s not that.

Guy is probably a known soloer or duoer and ran into a group that respects his fights and he respects theirs.

When you look at good players, their motivation is never “what can I do to make my faction win”

It’s “which faction can I be on to find the best fights”

Small scalers tend to fight Zergs, notnother small scalers. If we want to fight other small scalers, we’ll organize the fight and do it in a part of the map that’s free from siege or NBs adding on to the fight. 1vXers are the same way and there’s a lot of overlap between the two communities.

The single greatest indicator of a player’s PvP capability is their sense of faction pride. The greater the pride, the worse the player.. There are some exceptions, but they are few and far between.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win honorably, not by using some shady cross faction "comms" to tip your friends off. L

Look at it from my side. I am a roleplayer in Cyrodiil earning my caltrops. I do repair walls and i help defending the fortress. There are good soldiers, bad soldiers. There are power greedy politicians and there are killers and manhunters giving a *bleep* about the war and who wins as long as tehy can hunt down "adept riders". There are obviously spies. Doesnt mater if they use intercom or a carrier pigeon, smoke signs or doing morse signs with a mirror.

• MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It cracks me up when people accuse others of being cross faction spies because they don’t get attacked by certain enemies.

It’s not that.

Guy is probably a known soloer or duoer and ran into a group that respects his fights and he respects theirs.

When you look at good players, their motivation is never “what can I do to make my faction win”

Small scalers tend to fight Zergs, notnother small scalers. If we want to fight other small scalers, we’ll organize the fight and do it in a part of the map that’s free from siege or NBs adding on to the fight. 1vXers are the same way and there’s a lot of overlap between the two communities.

The single greatest indicator of a player’s PvP capability is their sense of faction pride. The greater the pride, the worse the player.. There are some exceptions, but they are few and far between.

He's no solo player he's a damn healer.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not that.

He's no solo player he's a damn healer.

PC NA?

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    I PM'd you. Yes.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM received. I don’t know that player but I know that guild and have a few friends in it. They don’t attack me either.

They’re a newish guild of people from various factions with the same late-night playtime. A few high level PvE players in there too. Cool people (mostly). They won’t zerg you down if you’re truly solo.

They say they’re small scalers but I think if you run 8+ at that time of night then you’re large scaling ;) they’re chill tho and won’t chase you across the map. They rode past me a few times tonight and didn’t attack me.

I feel confident in saying that they don’t give two *** about the alliance map and are mostly interested in zerg busting\
    Edited by Thogard on October 16, 2018 9:29AM

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahahahaha. Spais everywhere.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Fairweather91
    Fairweather91
    ✭✭
    EP battle plan number 1: take ales
    EP battle plan number 2:????

thats all i know
    ~Fairly~

DC/EP/AD

Fair Weather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

thats all i know

DC battle plan number 1: take Chal
    DC battle plan number 2: ??????

This cross-faction spai thing isn't working w.w
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats all i know

Ales is the inner part of Chalman right?

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im in a AD PVP Guild, we can, if we choose to, play other Factions as well but arent aloud to use our Teamspeak while we arent on a AD Toon, that said, i have 10 AD Toons, my first, a Stam NB Vamp is Khajiit, he is the Boss, and what Queem Ayren and her father did for Khajiits makes AD the logical Choice, also, i wanna be in a position where i can delay the Rise of the Thalmor :) To Spies: One good Example i have from last night, arrive with my Group in Roe that was under attack, we rush in, there stays, near the front door a cp900 ish Ad Lady, EP is floating past them right andleft, said AD Lady got towards Tower and it was quite clear she was pointing fellow AD Players out to EP. I dont get it, show some pride, learn the Story, ESO is all about the Story :) Also, Faction Lock now
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not spying. He’s actually working for the alliance. He’s directing the opposing team to Keeps so your alliance can retake it for a free o-tick. That’s dedication!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to win by being on a level playing field...

No you don't, else you would be playing something with a level playing field (same number of players, same gear, etc), rather than Cyrodil which is the opposite to a level playing field and is mostly "won" due to that.

• MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    I prefer to win by being on a level playing field...

No you don't, else you would be playing something with a level playing field (same number of players, same gear, etc), rather than Cyrodil which is the opposite to a level playing field and is mostly "won" due to that.

The ebb and flow of numbers on all factions is level in Cyrodiil (Vivec). It's never one sided through entire campaigns. Besides skill can defeat sheer numbers.
    Edited by MetalHead4x4 on October 16, 2018 1:59PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unreal that people defend this bs.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    When my guild heads to a keep i WANT enemy zone chat to broadcast where we are going so we can have a good fight. All is fair in love and war anyway.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I have to agree. It is so far out that it almost makes is funny:).

It’s not that.

And this guy is even funnier:) Ofc all the "good" pvpers only want to farm AP, cheat, troll others and change factions as it suits them. Only "bad"pvpers would want to play for their faction, help others win the campaign together and get a sense of playing as a team. What real pvper would like that? I dont know if I should laugh or cry?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ormtunge wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »

I have to agree. It is so far out that it almost makes is funny:).

It’s not that.

And this guy is even funnier:) Ofc all the "good" pvpers only want to farm AP, cheat, troll others and change factions as it suits them. Only "bad"pvpers would want to play for their faction, help others win the campaign together and get a sense of playing as a team. What real pvper would like that? I dont know if I should laugh or cry?

Definitely cry.

• MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    The fun thing about war is its unpredictability. It defeats the purpose to have someone revealing your every move. I'd rather have the challenge of being surprised by the number of people defending a keep than have my buddy whisper me "This keep is empty, go take it."
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wake up sheeple! Cross faction spies are ruining this game. /s

The spai reveals himself. I left names out of my post because I was being respectful and I guess I can't stop you. If you wanna hop on a DC toon and direct your EP friends around I guess thats up to you but that doesn't make it any less BS. I prefer to win by being on a level playing field but I guess there will always be people like you that have to resort to this kind of crap play. DC apparently don't care, I guess why should I?

The thing you don't understand is that Fairly wasn't giving tips out to anyone, actually it was ME giving him a tip because my group was going to group gank him hahaha. Honestly, Fairly is one of my best friends, but he doesn't have ANY problem defending against me and the groups I'm in, so I think you have this whole spai thing wrong.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s not that.

Don't get me wrong, some of the worst insults and threats I've had are from the faction rp horde since I moved to play on DC, they're the most toxic group of people on ESO, but some of us do enjoy map play and it has its own separate skills. Some people like RPing in the Rift too, There's a bit in this game for everyone.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spy for the imperials because my entire faction trying to flip chalman all day is acting more like npcs than the npcs themselves.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've had to remove several posts for unneeded baiting, flaming, naming and shaming, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to keep these rules in mind to avoid action on all parties involved in the flaming.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not that.

A big reason off why well known solo or small scale players don't fight each other on EU is the fear of getting exposed so they stick to fight random noobs.

If one known solo player kills another well known player in a 1v1 and if there is any kind of rivalry between them chances are it will be up on youtube the next day and it scares the *** out of alot of solo players since they ,especially if they young, tend to care alot of their in game "respect".

I have lots of appreciation for the players who will attack other good players instead of just killing potatoes all day long.
    Btw you should stream more often :)
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 17, 2018 12:16AM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike spies, not because they are giving information away, but because we cannot kill them. They also take the spot of a person who may actually fight for the alliance.

Realism may say that spies existed and that they were important in warfare, but this game is not about realism.

Good fix, make a costume that changes you alliance appearance, but still makes you targetable if someone was to attack you.

So basically you are a red, you put on the costume and appear as a blue. When blues hover over you they don’t see a red health bar etc, but if they were to use a single target ability (non AoEs) then they would break your disguise.

Also you would be targetable by reds when you are in disguise. And you cannot open doors etc to avoid being abused by having a mini Zerg skip doors etc.

What do you think of this compromise??
    Edited by Casul on October 17, 2018 12:37AM
    PvP needs more love.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're lonely, if you're sad. Even if you are a bad.
    If you zerg or if you solo. Even if you are a yolo.
    Just take a look, we're right around the bend.
    You can be. . . a FAIR WEATHER FRIEND ™
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Recruiting atm?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Recruiting atm?

No.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends