The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AFK script farmer down in Zainsipilu.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zavijah wrote: »
    The whole ‘the reason the dps you were grouped with are bad is because they are bought accounts’ is utterly stupid.

No one new to a game is going to invest extra money into something they don’t have a guarantee they’ll even like.

And the amount of times this is bandied about, you’d think it’s common practice.

No. Those people were just bad - and this comes down to the rage of guild traders and their undercut wares selling beneath their perceived value.

I think mobile developers can disabuse you of that false assumption with their new player packages.

But, yeah, the real reason people are bad is usually just because they aren't very good at gaming.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Managed to pull one away in khenarthis roost coming down from the crescent temple with questionable meat. Node spawned, bot didn't move this time, small victory as I harvested it

We need a better memento for this, one that causes the person to dodge roll or float 3m forward. Shorter cool down as well.

Help us Help you ZOS!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why they just don’t code some script that prevents you from farming the same node more than threee times in a row or something like that.

What is wrong with farming the same node three times in a row? It would be ridiculous to run to a node and not be able to interact with it due to some rule like that. That is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

You must be new to arguing with bot hunters in the forum. These guys are tyrannical in the literal definition. They wish to be judge jury and executioner and are vocally against due process. They flood zos with so much unsubstantiated garbage that their reports are probably on a blacklist. Which is probably why there are so many bots.

Your point has fallen on deaf ears. A few a while back were saying I’m not allowed to stand over a node and spam a light attack and ignore their whispers. Basically said if I chose to do that then I should be banned in their bot hunting dragnet.

I think it’s a generational thing. They don’t really teach civics and due process anymore. Constitutional law is lost on most. The confusion of first amendment rights among the masses proves that in itself. And it’s no surprise. My kid’s school has rolled out a huge ad campaign encouraging all the students to be paranoid of each other and constantly on the lookout for something to get their peers in trouble for. “If you see something say something”.

So yeah. Welcome to eso forums.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    @stalock
    @Savls_Saren
    @LordSkyKnight

“Ruins the market” no they don’t ruin the market. They only do for greedy people who want to sell wax at 6k. Sorry everyone else enjoys buying wax at 3-4K, this is the most absurd complaint ever. Find something else to sell and Quit trying to rip everyone off with your over priced materials.

Could care less if someone buys a max cp account because i won’t care if they suck, I just won’t play with them. Simple solution.
    Doesn’t mean squat of a max cp bought his account 2 days ago

Also you’re extremely immature to just assume I’m a bot farmer because I don’t cry about bots “ruining the market” no maybe I just don’t care for them because they don’t affect gameplay in any way. Make the market better actually for most people since they’re sick of greedy trader guild children who sit all day next to a banker playing with the guild stores instead of actually playing the game trying to rip others off for materials. It’s not a fact that botters ruin the game bud. You’re just mad you can’t sell wax for absurdly high prices.
    There’s other things to sell other than matts.
    Means nothing if a small minority of people who refuse to farm anything else complain about “market being ruined” because they can’t rip others off for wax, when literally everyone is happy about reduced prices.

So sure it may be against TOS, but it doesn’t affect anyone’s gameplay nor does it ruin the market. Go ahead and keep reporting them because botmasters just make new accounts every time their free trial runs out.
    Also by no means am I a botmaster because personally I don’t have the time nor the money to invest in multiple xboxes and programs to pull of such a task.
    I’m just not a white knight who complains about any and everything.

People who put their all legitimate time to farm mats have right to ask whatever price they like. Unlike people that run script and then get profit for 0 effort.

Well, basically true.

You have the right to ask the price you like. You also have the right to ask the price Elon Musk likes. And you have the right to relist your mats after 30 days, as long as you can affort it. That's what I call an open market. >:)
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    A few a while back were saying I’m not allowed to stand over a node and spam a light attack and ignore their whispers. Basically said if I chose to do that then I should be banned in their bot hunting dragnet. So yeah. Welcome to eso forums.
    To be clear, botting is against the terms of service and if you are knowingly and actively pursuing the appearance of a bot in a game where there are people who are both interested in reporting bots and well within their rights to do so, it's nobody's fault but your own if you get reported. That said, it's pretty difficult to succeed at pretending to be a bot and in any event it's not guaranteed to result in a ban because, thankfully, that's not a call left to players. Some people go overboard but you're definitely mis-representing those 'bot hunters'. So yeah.

I suppose, however, that since we've strayed considerably from the OP and are on well-traveled ground, the thread should be left to die? OP says "A lot of times it really feels like they don't take a lot of action against the bots." I think we all agree. OP says "I'm not wasting another second doing it because it's painfully obvious they don't crap about it." It's not. Time to move on?
    Edited by BWS2K on October 16, 2018 11:23PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why they just don’t code some script that prevents you from farming the same node more than threee times in a row or something like that.

What is wrong with farming the same node three times in a row? It would be ridiculous to run to a node and not be able to interact with it due to some rule like that. That is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

You must be new to arguing with bot hunters in the forum. These guys are tyrannical in the literal definition. They wish to be judge jury and executioner and are vocally against due process. They flood zos with so much unsubstantiated garbage that their reports are probably on a blacklist. Which is probably why there are so many bots.

Your point has fallen on deaf ears. A few a while back were saying I’m not allowed to stand over a node and spam a light attack and ignore their whispers. Basically said if I chose to do that then I should be banned in their bot hunting dragnet.

I think it’s a generational thing. They don’t really teach civics and due process anymore. Constitutional law is lost on most. The confusion of first amendment rights among the masses proves that in itself. And it’s no surprise. My kid’s school has rolled out a huge ad campaign encouraging all the students to be paranoid of each other and constantly on the lookout for something to get their peers in trouble for. “If you see something say something”.

So yeah. Welcome to eso forums.

There is nothing wrong about a person standing there picking the same node multiple times. I do it, from time to time, and I am not a bot. Sometimes I am chatting in guild chat and just picking up the node as it spawns. Sometimes... like this week... I am timing how long it takes the node to spawn.

The catch is that the player has to be there pressing that "E" key, or clicking whatever they click. Every time they harvest. You know... actually playing the game themselves.

When I report someone is when the player has decided to wander off, yet their character is still harvesting the node over and over because they have a rock on the "E" key, or a rubberband on the controller. In time, it is usually pretty obvious that there is no one home. A really good clue is when they get the loving attention of some mob that spawned too close to them and they lie there for 10 minutes dead on the ground. Sure, a player might actually do that, but at this point, I really don't care.

Keep in mind that the report is just to alert ZOS. I'm not banning someone, or telling ZOS to ban them. I'm telling ZOS that I think, in my meager opinion, that there is cause to take a look at what the character is doing. ZOS can decide whether they want to look, and if they do, they can decide whether they want to do anything, or need to do anything. (I do wish they would tell me when I am wrong so that I could improve, though.)

Rumor has it that ZOS does warn/suspend/ban people for inattentive play. Of course, we only hear this from the people who claim they were falsely warned/suspended/banned and were just spreading the peanut butter on their sandwich while watching Game of Thrones and they had their big toe on the E key. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Doing nothing to affect your gameplay, not harming anyone or doing anything, not affecting servers or anything, bots have 0 negative impact. Don’t tell me you’re one of those people who take screenshots of cyrodiil chat and report it to zos because it’s
    “Against TOS”

but it DOES affect my gameplay. If I want to get some nodes but there are bots running around with no one driving them, it's affecting me.

And yes, if I see some obviously TOS-violation chat, I report it. Cyber bullying affects people. Racial slurs affects people. How can any decent human being say otherwise?
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone saying farmbots don't affect other players must not have been around at launch when nodes would magically disappear before you could press 'e'