The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Death and Resistances

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can someone explain, or point me in the direction of an explanation, of how a pvp character with 30K buffed spell and physical resistances plus 4k crit resistance and 30K health can be taken down in 15k worth of damage (according to the death recap)? I can understand it if its a long fight where you take a lot of accumulated damage and the recap may show only the final few skills that kill you. I've been in fights against 3-4 players, taken a ton of damage, but manage to survive. But there are times when a few guys can wipe me out in couple of seconds and the recap shows damage that shouldn't even come close to killing me. Is it similar to the lag issue where you get an instant one-shot by 6 skills from the same player? When I balance in my resistances and health, the death recap rarely makes sense to me. Would just like to understand what I'm seeing.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The death recap always shows the last skills to hit you. It isn't limited to longer fights.

So in the instance of getting hit 30K - 0 in a few seconds, you were hit with a number of skill that didn't make your death recap that dealt 15K worth of damage or so. But your death recap only showed the last 5 skills that hit you and not the other 3 or 4 or more.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The death recap always shows the last skills to hit you. It isn't limited to longer fights.

So in the instance of getting hit 30K - 0 in a few seconds, you were hit with a number of skill that didn't make your death recap that dealt 15K worth of damage or so. But your death recap only showed the last 5 skills that hit you and not the other 3 or 4 or more.

Like I said, I understand in longer fights the death recap is only going to show the last few hits that put you over the death edge. I get that. But there are times when a fight lasts only a few seconds and it just seems when you balance in the resistances (which mitigate nearly half of incoming damage) and health, there is no way you should have died that quick when the recap shows only 2-3k hits. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'm like "WTF!?!"
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its because...
    1) Poisons on weapons

2) Animation canceling, so you’re also being hit with light/heavy attacks woven in & you may not see the actual damage dealing skill happen due to its animation being cancelled.

3) Multiple attackers doing these things

4) Dots & bleeds; you don’t always notice them but somehow they’re almost always there & eating away at your health with increased damage scaling vs duration ie... the first dot tick only hit for 500 but the last one hit for 5k...

Enjoy Cyrodiil
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Like I said, I understand in longer fights the death recap is only going to show the last few hits that put you over the death edge. I get that. But there are times when a fight lasts only a few seconds and it just seems when you balance in the resistances (which mitigate nearly half of incoming damage) and health, there is no way you should have died that quick when the recap shows only 2-3k hits. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'm like "WTF!?!"

Again.. The recap only shows the last 5 attacks. Let's say 5 people are attacking you and they each hit you with a light attack that did 2K damage and a skill that did 5K damage, only 5 of those 10 attacks will show on your recap. The amount of damage shown in the recap is irrelevant if the first 5 of ten hits were the stronger attacks. So if all 5 of their skills hit you at once, followed by 5 light attacks, you would only see that you died to 5 light attacks, and not see that you were actually hit by 5 5K skills.

It isn't about longer fights, as I said. Only 5 skills show on your recap, ever. The fight could take an entire day or be over in 1 second. Only 5 skills show.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could of been hp bugged.

It'll show you at full hp when you're not even close to being full hp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly what OP is talking about.

I have a recap saved.

Mine has:

Overload
    Wrath
    Implosion

Only - I faced only one opponent, and the damage both from my own eyes and the recap confirmed; the damage should not have been enough to kill me.

Have only had it happen once; it was so odd I saved it. I'll prob look for it in a bit
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it; this isn't 25k worth

JZ9u73G.png

Edit: and I remember the battle; why I took the screenshot in the first place, I was at full health. For implosion to even proc at 8k worth of damage I'd have to only have like 10k health lmfao
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 15, 2018 11:35PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JZ9u73G.png

Edit: and I remember the battle; why I took the screenshot in the first place, I was at full health. For implosion to even proc at 8k worth of damage I'd have to only have like 10k health lmfao

Was you hp bugged?
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JZ9u73G.png

Was you hp bugged?

Not visually at least. My HP bar started out full.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JZ9u73G.png

Was you hp bugged?

Not visually at least. My HP bar started out full.

Yeah it won't show, you could of been tbh.

I'd been endless fury's at like 80% sometimes, the hp bugs can get that bad.
    PS4 EU DC

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JZ9u73G.png

Well at least you now know, that dual wield skills only can be used when you have dual wield equipped :trollface:
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Again.. The recap only shows the last 5 attacks. Let's say 5 people are attacking you and they each hit you with a light attack that did 2K damage and a skill that did 5K damage, only 5 of those 10 attacks will show on your recap. The amount of damage shown in the recap is irrelevant if the first 5 of ten hits were the stronger attacks. So if all 5 of their skills hit you at once, followed by 5 light attacks, you would only see that you died to 5 light attacks, and not see that you were actually hit by 5 5K skills.

It isn't about longer fights, as I said. Only 5 skills show on your recap, ever. The fight could take an entire day or be over in 1 second. Only 5 skills show.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I do understand what you are getting at. The recap only shows the last 5 skills that killed me and there may be previous attacks not noted in the recap. But what I'm getting is, given my resistances and health, these fights don't feel long enough to deal that much damage. Maybe if I'm just standing there doing nothing and letting 5 guy beat on me. But I'm not seeing that I should be getting that much damage in a short period of time and the low damage noted in the recap only reinforces that notion. Most 1vX fights I hold my own for a good while. But these fights it's like I'm dead in a couple of seconds.
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Its because...
    1) Poisons on weapons

2) Animation canceling, so you’re also being hit with light/heavy attacks woven in & you may not see the actual damage dealing skill happen due to its animation being cancelled.

3) Multiple attackers doing these things

4) Dots & bleeds; you don’t always notice them but somehow they’re almost always there & eating away at your health with increased damage scaling vs duration ie... the first dot tick only hit for 500 but the last one hit for 5k...

Enjoy Cyrodiil

Thanks, I guess that kinda makes sense :/