The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »
    Okay, lets try to summarize:

Shield changes are nerf in PVE - while pretty much everyone pointed out, that the healers being not so desirable are nothing to do with shields - and slight (okay, undecided level) nerf in PVP, with some potential abuse of the new shields in heavy armour.
    (Bear in mind, that in the last pain point classnotes they explicitly said they wanted to make medium and light armour better in pvp).

Okay, slight(ish) nerf to dark deal...okay, its PVP again, since the skill in the current form - khmm, casttime, khmm - not really suitable for PVE, but again i refer to the repnotes/painpoints: sorcerer sustain was identified as one. So, WTF?

Pet buffs - still dumb as hell, but now they are invulnerable in trials and to be honest, the whole pet idea is not well received imho in this hame. So, meh.

No bound armor buff/making it more worthwhile (dont get me wit the block thing... meh again), still cramped skillbars and with the OL change, even more cramped skillbars...

Oh, overload change... okay, now with the general direction i have no problems, but the numbers should be modified further, passive effects should sorted out (DW passives f.e.) and as a stamsorc, a new morph would be welcome - and of course, since the third bar is gone, a general reshuffling of skill, passives buffs and debuffs (in other words: a general class overhaul) is in dire need.

But, in the current form this patch for sorcerers offered mainly nerfs and thats all.

Correct me if im wrong in my assessment (or the facts - i may have overlooked something).

They upped frag damage by 10%... Surely that's a buff... At least if you could still hit anyone with it..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's how I see em now - they function almost exactly like health - but with the benefit of being proactive and non-debuffable - and it seems the cost of not benefitting from block..

The synergies still aren't quite there.

@Biro123
    Actually you just brought up a really interesting point there "non-debuffable". Shields either scale of your max health or are capped by a % of your max health. I and probably others tend to forget that Minor Mangle is a thing. That could actually lower shield amount now if they are at the 40/50% cap or if its a health based shield. I need to go test this now and see if it really does :tongue:

So I tested it with @Tasear and as far as we could tell Minor Mangle did not change anything, maybe we used too little magicka and or too much Health, but we could not get the Damage shield to change with and without Minor Mangle.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried switching to heavy armor on my PetSorc, didn't like the way that played at all.

Probably gonna retire her and go back to playing my StamBlade ...

Dedicated crafter moving forward. Building a NB now :#
    Edited by Odovacar on October 15, 2018 8:47PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Hello,

For starters I'd like to say that what you've done to damage shields is wonderful for balance, and you should stick with your changes. Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka should be used pre-engagement, and Healing Ward (an instant cast) should be used as a life saving maneuver.

Now that we've finally addressed shields we need to address sorcs. Their arsenal isn't very well equipped for survival without the use of shields so before these changes go live I would like to see two things happen:

1) Blood Magic passive - have it so you are healed for a % of damage done by all class abilities. Not sure what number would be balanced; that would require testing.

2) Bolt Escape - make this ability behave like dodge rolling in the sense that it breaks roots, and most importantly you can streak in any direction without changing your character's direction. Meaning you can continuously Bolt Escape backwards. This would greatly improve their ability to stay at range.

I'm all for the damage shield nerfs, but magsorcs do need something to improve their survivability.

P.S. Also make Crystal Blast proc like Frags please.

Yes, please keep listening to the nightblades and balance sorc like this. Then the subscription losses will continue until the layoffs start. I have to wonder, how much money have you lost since yesterday, and how much more will you lose?

When it comes to balance, damage shields is a topic that you and I are simply not going to agree on (it's like politics lol), but I would like to focus on the areas that we could agree on instead. Do you not like the suggestions I gave?

Sure, they're great. That 800 heal I get from blood magic is going to save me from your 10K incap crit and defile while I'm busy recasting shield.

You'll never kill me in two and a half seconds!

The shield cast time is such a great idea, they should put it on cloak too!

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different AoE abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? There are tons that would help you. Also - you resto skill line? Where's stamina healing skill line?

Ever heard of hist sap set for example?

Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets and weapons right? Ah well...

(Oh yeah and btw my main is a Sorc, not a NB)
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 15, 2018 8:59PM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Hello,

For starters I'd like to say that what you've done to damage shields is wonderful for balance, and you should stick with your changes. Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka should be used pre-engagement, and Healing Ward (an instant cast) should be used as a life saving maneuver.

Now that we've finally addressed shields we need to address sorcs. Their arsenal isn't very well equipped for survival without the use of shields so before these changes go live I would like to see two things happen:

1) Blood Magic passive - have it so you are healed for a % of damage done by all class abilities. Not sure what number would be balanced; that would require testing.

2) Bolt Escape - make this ability behave like dodge rolling in the sense that it breaks roots, and most importantly you can streak in any direction without changing your character's direction. Meaning you can continuously Bolt Escape backwards. This would greatly improve their ability to stay at range.

I'm all for the damage shield nerfs, but magsorcs do need something to improve their survivability.

Yes, please keep listening to the nightblades and balance sorc like this. Then the subscription losses will continue until the layoffs start. I have to wonder, how much money have you lost since yesterday, and how much more will you lose?

When it comes to balance, damage shields is a topic that you and I are simply not going to agree on (it's like politics lol), but I would like to focus on the areas that we could agree on instead. Do you not like the suggestions I gave?

Sure, they're great. That 800 heal I get from blood magic is going to save me from your 10K incap crit and defile while I'm busy recasting shield.

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets.

Calm down Satan
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets.

Calm down Satan

Only after Hell freezes over and gets covered in snow, thank you.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly no fixes in Hardened to test the shields further... meaning this PTS4 is mostly like another step to the finals, not requesting any feedback at all. I can safely delete PTS from the drive, no point wasting space.

Personally, I'm no fan of "your pets die here but not there". It doesn't make sense. Why the same enemies deal damage in the open world, but not in trials or dungeons? What's the "lore" behind it?

It's a poor decision. I understand why it's there, but it's a band aid fix more than an upgrade to pets. Unless this is stated in the tooltip, new players will be puzzled why their pets are dying / not dying.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Sadly no fixes in Hardened to test the shields further... meaning this PTS4 is mostly like another step to the finals, not requesting any feedback at all. I can safely delete PTS from the drive, no point wasting space.

Personally, I'm no fan of "your pets die here but not there". It doesn't make sense. Why the same enemies deal damage in the open world, but not in trials or dungeons? What's the "lore" behind it?

It's a poor decision. I understand why it's there, but it's a band aid fix more than an upgrade to pets. Unless this is stated in the tooltip, new players will be puzzled why their pets are dying / not dying.

I agree. The lack of consistency is really poor and unclear to anyone who doesn't read patch notes. Especially that the clannfear won't taunt.
    I think that's going to be really confusing for a lot of people.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Calm down Satan

Dont believe to such misinformation, satan is not bad. Why would he be?

After seeing Lucifer series im convinced that satan is a good guy.

BUT FORUM WHINEBLADES ARE BAD PPL :trollface:
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 15, 2018 10:53PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Sure I'll take 1 second cast on cloak. If you give me access to 17 different AoE abilities that completely remove all your defensives, dispel your shields, drop any player's block and make them unable to use any burst heal/oh crap ultimate.

You want it fair, yes? Shields let you heal. How you get those heals is up to you. Perhaps invest into sets that provide healing/give you a ton of defense, like any other class in the game? There are tons that would help you. Also - you resto skill line? Where's stamina healing skill line?

Oh but wait... you want to keep your dual damage sets and weapons right? Ah well...

um are you serious?

what sorc who has any clue what their doing is running dual dmg sets? literally none, there wearing shackle and lich, thats already an investment into survivability

dual weapons.... yes i would VERY much like to run dual dmg weapons like most other classes but unfortunately cant cuz of how bad sorc heals are. and with the healing ward losing its upfront heal even the guaranteed heal from that is gone.

stamina has heals pretty much build into everything they do

rally, forward momentum, blood thirst, blood crazy, vigor
    dk has dragons blood
    templars have everything
    wardens again has everything
    nb, mag blade has a heal as its spammanle, stam at least has leaching and the heal from mark
    stamsorc has heals better then mag with surge being usable with there aoe's
    Edited by ezio45 on October 16, 2018 10:44AM
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett

What I expect from next PTS Patch (4.2.4 or 4.2.5)!

Light Armor > Annulment > Dampen Magic:
    • This morph now also increases the shield cap to 50% of your Max Health, previously 40%.
    • This morph now also increases the shield cap by 2% of your Max Health for each piece of light armor worn, previously 40%.

Champion Points > Bastion:
    • Increases the effectiveness of damage absorbing effects by [0-25]%. (This effect is useless now)
    • Reduces damage taken while using a damage shield ability by [0-25]%.

Sorcerer > Daedric Summoning > Daedric Protection (Passive):
    • Increases your Health Recovery, Stamina Recovery and Magicka Recovery by X% when a Daedric Summoning ability is slotted.

Done!

I don't agree with the Daedric Protection tho.

Months ago I suggested changes to Daedric Protection to "Increases your Health and Stamina Recovery by 10/20% and Max Health by 4/8% while you have a Daedric Summoning ability slotted", this would take the Expert Summoner passive to Daedric Protection.

I think Expert Summoner has a very good passive that is very limited to pet builds, Expert Summoner should be more pet oriented, a passive specific for pet builds. The new Expert Summoner should be: "Increase the damage dealt by pets by 2/4% for each pet active". This would increase the dmg dealt by pets by 12% if you have 2 pets active + atronach. (if 2/4% is too much, try 1/2% or maybe 2/3%)
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    bound aegis (active) is still "chit" for magsorcs. only slotted bc of the passives. no one actually uses this chit.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

If you were Sorc main you would know that this doesnt work, it's exactly the opposite. You need at least one full sustain set and then some, 2 dmg sets...lol.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benemime wrote: »
    bound aegis (active) is still "chit" for magsorcs. only slotted bc of the passives. no one actually uses this chit.

Fixed it for you.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Hello,

um are you serious?

what sorc who has any clue what their doing is running dual dmg sets? literally none, there wearing shackle and lich, thats already an investment into survivability

dual weapons.... yes i would VERY much like to run dual dmg weapons like most other classes but unfortunately cant cuz of how bad sorc heals are. and with the healing ward losing its upfront heal even the guaranteed heal from that is gone.

dk has dragons blood
    templars have everything
    nb, mag blade has a heal as its spammanle, stam at least has leaching and the heal from mark

Repentence (templar) and mark (nb) require an enemy to die to be useful, therefore arent so reliable unless in a ball group. Unless you want a stam morph of bol or healing ritual
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best design is a heal that has a critical strike as requirement but doesn’t itself crit. That ... feels ... EXCITING!
    Edited by Feanor on October 16, 2018 5:24PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The best design is a heal that has a critical strike as requirement but doesn’t itself crit. That ... feels ... EXCITING!

Surge can crit though...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Hello,

If you were Sorc main you would know that this doesnt work, it's exactly the opposite. You need at least one full sustain set and then some, 2 dmg sets...lol.

Execpt I use non meta builds on all my classes inlcuding sorc, not using the shields everyone is complaining about at all. Why do I even bother with people here if you're just going to assume your own things.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 16, 2018 5:53PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs you still have the most/best shields i mean my got what do you want to not have to build a new toon or just get better with your old one? ITS A LOT OF SHIELDS you have access to no one else can have. Just ask my NB. your a dps do damage and zip it lol jjk .

and what change to DW glyphs? i musta missed that :/
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Hello,

Execpt I use non meta builds on all my classes inlcuding sorc, not using the shields everyone is complaining about at all. Why do I even bother with people here if you're just going to assume your own things.

Well you were the one stating about sorc using dual dmg sets and weapons - which couldn´t really be further from the truth.

Granted you don´t play meta sorc builds as you state yourself - but then you shouldn´t make such broad and evidently false assumptions no?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Hello,

um are you serious?

dk has dragons blood
    templars have everything

Repentence (templar) and mark (nb) require an enemy to die to be useful, therefore arent so reliable unless in a ball group. Unless you want a stam morph of bol or healing ritual

templar, heals for days..... enough said

and yes mark kinda sucks for heals, thats why i said at least. stam nighblade probably has the second worst heals next to sorc but at least there is some usable ones there and they have vigor, and the dw and h2 ones also mentioned
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    I do find it troublesome that some of the known bugs with shields were not fixed this patch. (The 3.3% overage, and the 0 strength shields if you had too much magicka.) Since this is the last week of testing, there will be no verification that those are working properly.

On a different note, has anyone been doing any real testing of Dark Exchange? Since the over-time portion of the recovery lasts 20 seconds, that puts it on the same cycle time as Boundless Storm and Elemental Drain — something to activate every couple rotations.

Dark Conversion morph on live: 8059 health and 4696 magicka in change for 2053 stamina. They seem fixed, not changing with different magicka or spell damage. So, according to the patch notes, it should be giving 6044 health and 3522 magicka immediately, and then 201 health and 117 magicka per second.

Not as good as being able to spam it several times in a row, but it fits easily within a rotation. Conveniently, it also procs Minor Prophecy via passive, which itself has a 20 second duration. Given the shift of crit rates from the CP passive to Minor Prophecy, being able to have a steady means of keeping that up full time is nice. Though I tend to have a 90%-95% uptime from Crystal Frags anyway, this would also work if I'm in healer mode, and don't have slots for offensive abilities.

I tried incorporating Dark Conversion into my rotation on live, and, while it's still a bit clumsy, I did manage to kill a test dummy without needing to use heavy attacks (though I'd still want to use them on groups of mobs), and keeping nearly the same total DPS. A modest improvement on the total magicka return, plus the fact that half of it is an over-time effect (and thus won't risk as much overfilling the resource bar) seems like it would help a fair bit with sustain.

The gap it creates between light attacks is about 1.5 seconds, which is barely more than a good weave rate. The tradeoff of sustain for damage seems better than doing the same with, say, jewelry, since this substitutes only a single action period, whereas the the potential spell damage on the jewelry applies to all the ongoing DOTs.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Calm down Satan

Only after Hell freezes over and gets covered in snow, thank you.

It wont at this rate. They dont care about frost damage and just removed arctic blast from the game entirely.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcs are really going to be bad when Murkmire drops. They still die in dungeons. My scamp died to the second boss of Crypt of Hearts and in overland pve content they are very difficult to keep alive when fighting against any substantual monster. I went in Sunhold public dungeon and the Turtle boss on the dock his poison aoe one shots the scamp. The shield does nothing to protect him.
    Many casual players have pet sorcs and they are going to be wondering what is going on and why their pets are dieing all the time. So yeah zos this isn't a good thing you guys are doing. Lol
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcs are really going to be bad when Murkmire drops. They still die in dungeons. My scamp died to the second boss of Crypt of Hearts and in overland pve content they are very difficult to keep alive when fighting against any substantual monster. I went in Sunhold public dungeon and the Turtle boss on the dock his poison aoe one shots the scamp. The shield does nothing to protect him.
    Many casual players have pet sorcs and they are going to be wondering what is going on and why their pets are dieing all the time. So yeah zos this isn't a good thing you guys are doing. Lol

bug the CoH. they shouldn't be dying in dungeons.

overland is a different matter.
  • TheWorldsLastChance
    Leaving the game.

Undo the shield nerf and we'll talk.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bd5ex9PdQ

Main point of this video is to show pets die to often to uncontrollable situations. Resummoning long cast time pets is not fun. The advantage players will get having non killable pets in this arena is small in comparison to the amount of frustration and just sloppy game play pets offer in vMA if it goes live like this. Make them non killable please. This is content that is years old and when you make sweeping changes, old content should not becoming harder or more frustrating. Yes vMA is still really easy to do for vet players as i show in this 40 min no death run, but i cant imagine the frustration a new player that is learning this arena would have with the current way pets are working in vMA. The amount of resummons by a new player will also eclipsed what i had and no one is going to enjoy that type of game play. You can get a full pet death recap in the video description. There are a total of 14 pet deaths in a 40 minute run.

Sorry no sound. Was watching a hockey game online while i ran this and didnt want any copyright issues.
    Edited by Inklings on October 17, 2018 9:07AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. So Zos guys are pushing loathed changes to the live, even though many are still known to be bugged or partly working. Nor did they fix those crucial skills (e.g. hardened, bastion cp) for people to actually test before hitting live, meaning the last two pts phases are basically useless for feedback. We can only hope they are somehow listening and will fix it before next week (and our exp. tells us otherwise)

Gg zos. Your combat team is a mess. :angry:
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were not on topic with the thread. This is a reminder to keep conversation pertaining to ESO. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc are absolutely fine on PTS now. Arguably stronger with the improved LA passives.

You can’t face-tank unlimited amounts of damage anymore but forgive me for my limited sympathy on that front.

The fact that a glass cannon Stamblade or Stamden could wail on you non-stop for over a minute without breaking through the shields was a little bit ridiculous.

But it wasn’t ridiculous that both of those Stam classes have numerous mitigation tools and can also do the same through evasion/healing/negating damage altogether