The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Speed a problem in PvP

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Why not lower the speed cap in Cyro and BGs and leave PvE speed alone? You indirectly nerfed harvesting builds in PvE for no reason! Was anyone complaining on how quickly someone was farming Alchemy mats? NO! Also the problem in PvP was the Forward Momentum and speed anyway. Lower the speed cap, you do not need to nerf major expedition at all. AGAIN nerfing major expedition is a PvE nerf, not a PvP nerf. NO ONE is PvE (except farming builds) will run swift jewelry.

I don't know why I even bother posting stuff. Not like they will listen anyway
Ad Victoriam!
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, in general. Problem was only in Swift trait, that stacks with other speed buffs. Speaking of PvP, it was not even OP, just frustrating, when a swift user was moving so fast that you couldn't basically hit him without CC. But again, most of those builds are not able to kill descent players, since lacking damage and sustain. Make the speed cap real, not touching Major Expedition (which is basically an unnescessary buff for the most playstyles/builds in PVP and PVE), and that's all. As a result, swift is worth using, if your build doesn't have a ME in toolkit (magplars, magdks, etc.), stam classes have their mobility, less turtle permablock playstyles, more action and dynamic in fights.
    I hope, that someone still cares about ESO has it's status of a fast-paced mmorpg worthily. I hope, that ME changes will be reverted, and the real problem of swift trait will be adressed so Murkmire won't destroy our favourite playstyles. :P
    Edited by Bitmun on October 11, 2018 6:18PM
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    Meow.
    Edited by Bitmun on October 11, 2018 6:18PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charging Maneuvers
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the problem with speed resolves around swift then why did they also nerf during Morrowind
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Why not lower the speed cap

This has been suggested as a solid means to manage this. However, Zos seems to have avoided this without explanation. Much has to do with Zos not understanding their own game because they really do not play it seriously. Only one that works for Zos has and I have read in the forums he has not been part of his old raid group since joining Zos.
    Edited by idk on October 11, 2018 6:46PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Why not lower the speed cap

This has been suggested as a solid means to manage this. However, Zos seems to have avoided this without explanation.

They already did last year
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rely on Major Expedition for some mechanics in PVE dungeons. Definitely feel shafted that I now have to deal with a major nerf to one of my class skills SOLELY because of PVP issues.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I rely on Major Expedition for some mechanics in PVE dungeons. Definitely feel shafted that I now have to deal with a major nerf to one of my class skills SOLELY because of PVP issues.

Did they say solely because of PvP anywhere? Perhaps its use in PvE like this was part of it.

Hey wards got rekted in PvP because of PvE, which left speed massively OP there, so perhaps it was a big vicious circle.

Regardless of source nerfs to your setup suck.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but harvesting builds aren’t an issue when it comes to balance. You still can reach speed cap if you want to, and for a harvesting build sacrifices are meaningless.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    What's next? PvP ruined my fishing build?.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who complained about speed were most likely zerglings getting 1vX’d Because a better player kites them around a rock then ultimate dumps them. Speed wasn’t an issue at all in PvP, only swift, and that wasn’t even an issue because most of the time it was just annoying to catch someone running swift. Nothing OP about it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We farmed Craglorn without Swift jewelry, I think we farmers can manage to adjust to the speed nerfs.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We farmed Craglorn without Swift jewelry, I think we farmers can manage to adjust to the speed nerfs.

I just pictured someone golding his swift jewelry for his farming build and being furious about the nerf. It’s a hilarious thought.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be the one taking all nodes !!! (LOL)
    Edited by Maryal on October 12, 2018 12:35PM
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Why not lower the speed cap in Cyro and BGs and leave PvE speed alone? You indirectly nerfed harvesting builds in PvE for no reason! Was anyone complaining on how quickly someone was farming Alchemy mats? NO! Also the problem in PvP was the Forward Momentum and speed anyway. Lower the speed cap, you do not need to nerf major expedition at all. AGAIN nerfing major expedition is a PvE nerf, not a PvP nerf. NO ONE is PvE (except farming builds) will run swift jewelry.

I don't know why I even bother posting stuff. Not like they will listen anyway

You dont need swift to farm. If you want to hit speed cap, you still can in PvE ez
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

You must be the one taking all nodes !!! (LOL)

If you are on PC/NA, maybe! :smiley:
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO ONE is PvE (except farming builds) will run swift jewelry.

I very much do use one piece of Swift jewelry on my healer on default in all trials by now since it adds some mobility (and especially in vCR as a kiter along with Psijic skill).

Anyway, there's plenty of skills that have been nerfed over the past years due to "overperformance" in PVP without any thoughts wasted on how it affects people in PVE.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    No offense, but harvesting builds aren’t an issue when it comes to balance. You still can reach speed cap if you want to, and for a harvesting build sacrifices are meaningless.

I mentioned it as a joke because I know ZOS does not play their own game and can not possibly understand the implications that their changes has on PvP. It was mentioned in my guild discord and I thought to mention it
    Ad Victoriam!