The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Why was VO, Quick Serpent, and Dreugh King Slayer nerfed, but not Skooma Smuggler?

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Because no one is going to use that garbage set anyway. The nerfs to the sets in OP are likely for the purpose of reducing their appeal in pvp since they will still remain completely effective at what they were already doing in pve.

No one is going to use skooma smuggler in pvp or pve anyway so it really isn't even worth the consideration especially since coward's set exists already.

1. Cowards is only while sprinting
    2. Cowards is stamina, Prisoners is Magicka. Nobody who’s considered running prisoners would even stop to consider running cowards.
    3. No one is going to use DKS and it was still nerfed.
    Edited by templesus on October 12, 2018 3:37PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    nothing like the community asking ZOS to updated underused 5pc sets and then making a thread asking they nerf one of them because their niche build got deleted lol.

It's more pointing out the fact that they're trying to standardize everything but keep missing stuff.

They either need to be consistent in their changes or leave things as is

potions have a cooldown already - killing things does not have a cooldown.

uptime =\= cooldown

It’s a common misconception. It’s far to situational to compare the uptime of either set, but just because it doesn’t have a cooldown does not mean it has more uptime.

yet i can have 100% uptime on sets that require kills with no further investment

for skooma smuggler i need either another set + 1x potion CD infused or 2 of those

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nothing like the community asking ZOS to updated underused 5pc sets and then making a thread asking they nerf one of them because their niche build got deleted lol.

It's more pointing out the fact that they're trying to standardize everything but keep missing stuff.

potions have a cooldown already - killing things does not have a cooldown.

uptime =\= cooldown

It’s a common misconception. It’s far to situational to compare the uptime of either set, but just because it doesn’t have a cooldown does not mean it has more uptime.

yet i can have 100% uptime on sets that require kills with no further investment

for skooma smuggler i need either another set + 1x potion CD infused or 2 of those

100% uptime is blatantly false, so it appears we’re utilizing logical fallacies on the forums now...the entire time you’re working on your the first guy in a 1vX you won’t have it. Times can vary, and I can think of numerous situations (fight starts out as a 1v5) where you immediately have to go to Kiting, yet you won’t have major expedition up, as well as the opposite where it’s say a 1v2 and you quickly burst some scrub then have it for the remainder.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask about buffs and people complain you're trying to homogenize everything. But if there's something they forgot to nerf, that should be addressed right away. Nerfs for all!

It'll be good for the forum when this update finally drops and we're all fully occupied with rebuilding all our characters.

And complaining about performance, since they're going patch + event again, and that always goes so well.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so it appears we’re utilizing logical fallacies on the forums now...

I mean, yeah. Have you SEEN the forums?
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on October 12, 2018 5:40PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because no one is going to use that garbage set anyway. The nerfs to the sets in OP are likely for the purpose of reducing their appeal in pvp since they will still remain completely effective at what they were already doing in pve.

No one is going to use skooma smuggler in pvp or pve anyway so it really isn't even worth the consideration especially since coward's set exists already.

While it is a niche set, it is not garbage. Pair it with another back bar set and wear 2 4 pcs, back bar the 5pcs for both sets, run willpower staff front bar. The 2,3 and 4 pc bonuses are great.

That 5pc speed improvement is = to 3 swift and a mundus to magicka builds, kinda. So you could argue if someone were to run 3 swift and the steed it's worth 2400 magicka and 230 spell damage if they simply ran skooma smuggler bc they'd get those stats back.

Major expedition is among the best buffs in the game imo.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While it is a niche set, it is not garbage. Pair it with another back bar set and wear 2 4 pcs, back bar the 5pcs for both sets, run willpower staff front bar. The 2,3 and 4 pc bonuses are great.

That 5pc speed improvement is = to 3 swift and a mundus to magicka builds, kinda. So you could argue if someone were to run 3 swift and the steed it's worth 2400 magicka and 230 spell damage if they simply ran skooma smuggler bc they'd get those stats back.

But not enough to justify OP's argument to nerf it with the speed-nuke going around because of "consistency".
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But not enough to justify OP's argument to nerf it with the speed-nuke going around because of "consistency".

That's right @Minno . Actually, this set is trash, no one should even mention it any more. There's no value at all in the set, let's buff it actually.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's right @Minno . Actually, this set is trash, no one should even mention it any more. There's no value at all in the set, let's buff it actually.

It's not trash, but you do waste a 5pc set to get mobility that you otherwise get from a skill/pot. And you give up a 5pc defense or offense or straight up sustain.

It's like asking for rattlecage to be nerfed if all major sorcery were reduced in duration lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not trash, but you do waste a 5pc set to get mobility that you otherwise get from a skill/pot. And you give up a 5pc defense or offense or straight up sustain.

It's like asking for rattlecage to be nerfed if all major sorcery were reduced in duration lol.

Wow @Minno that went over your head lol. I like the set, i just don't want it nerfed. That last post was a joke to dissuade dev's from acknowledging it's strength increase now.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Nerfmire meta is a buff to this formerly useless set. On a totally unrelated note, does anyone on PC/NA have a Skooma Smuggler frost staff to sell/trade? Asking for a friend.

Starting to see Nerfmire as the devs' response to all the "stam OP in PvP" complaints for the last 3 or so years.
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on October 13, 2018 1:48AM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow @Minno that went over your head lol. I like the set, i just don't want it nerfed. That last post was a joke to dissuade dev's from acknowledging it's strength increase now.

Damn you lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Niche build? I literally don’t run any of those sets. I don’t understand why you think I’m pushing my own agenda here. Like I stated this is a serious unbiased question why one was nerfed and other wasn’t.

As stated above it’s about zenimax being consistent in what they do. Sorry if you planned on running Skooma next patch😐

Except what will happen is this set will get nerfed, and then none of the speed changes will be revised.
    So all it's doing is creating noise lol.

Ive said many times that solution to speed was:
    - keep forward momentum nerf
    - revert swift nerfs
    - revert major expedition nerfs
    - add speed cap or diminishing returns.

Stop letting the devs get away with lazy fixes lol.

You do realize speed cap is in the game since quite some time already ?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Niche build? I literally don’t run any of those sets. I don’t understand why you think I’m pushing my own agenda here. Like I stated this is a serious unbiased question why one was nerfed and other wasn’t.

As stated above it’s about zenimax being consistent in what they do. Sorry if you planned on running Skooma next patch😐

Except what will happen is this set will get nerfed, and then none of the speed changes will be revised.

- revert swift nerfs

I think he ment to lower the cap for in combat situations. At least that's the idea that gets thrown around a lot these days.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 13, 2018 8:51AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- revert swift nerfs

I think he ment to lower the cap for in combat situations. At least that's the idea that gets thrown around a lot these days.

It would just empower snares which is kinda funny considering the fact all that speed meta with swift etc was created to lower the effectiveness of snares. Problem of speed vs snares/immobilizes relations in the game is much more complex and there is no 1 simple solution to undo all bad decisions that devs made.

Edited by Juhasow on October 13, 2018 10:25AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So because the set a garage now means is should not be brought in line with the rest of the speed granting sets. If that’s the case then why was Dreugh King Slayer it’s a hot mess.

Gain Major Brutality at all times, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%. When you kill an enemy, you gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

A 100% uptime on Major Brutality is not needed in a set. Rally or Forward Momentum takes care of that so it’s but a bonus stamina was missing or hard to get. Really that speed buff is the only part of the five piece that added anything from this set.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- revert swift nerfs

It would just empower snares which is kinda funny considering the fact all that speed meta with swift etc was created to lower the effectiveness of snares. Problem of speed vs snares/immobilizes relations in the game is much more complex and there is no 1 simple solution to undo all bad decisions that devs made.

I meant that the cap gets lowered.

To also be fair, my preferred feedback was "don't touch speed at all, there are other issues more important to use Dev time on".
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual