Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Non-Class Combat Changes

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Area of Effect abilities within Dungeons and Trials are now much more accurate when dealing damage from within those effects, reducing those “I was out of that!” moments.

Does that mean Zaan's poison breath will finally stop killing me when I've already roll dodged out of it and am running away?? Awesome!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please don't nerf expedition on sets like Dreugh King.
    It is unnecessary to do so as it is not OP and not used in pvp.
    I for example only use it for overland pve exploration.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When was the speed buff from vicious ophidian a problem?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @OrphanHelgen , I would say - never ever. It's not even a damage set per se. They wanted tradeoff between speed and damage - well, using this set is already a tradeoff on its own. That's... beyond any sane explanations.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip fast movement and say hello to my root snare ice warden in bgs. (Gl everyone dealing with it in no cp and i do not even use the bugged winterborn set that ignores snare immunity)

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish i knew what zos was doing

Does not make sense
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember how everyone complained about snares? The changes will just make it worse again. All the changes to movement speed will hurt small scale or solo players the most. They need the mobility the most to break los in outnumbered situations. I really would prefer if small scaler or solo player would have a movement advantage to the big grps.(If the patch goes live including pot nerf, the big grp will move faster than everyone else)

Also something i notice and makes me a little worried is to split all skills from secondary effects. It may seem more balanced at first but it does not work in a game were you only can have 10 skills to have skills only do one thing. In addition some quite powerful skills make classes unique like the cc from cfrags or the warden shalks. The classes were feared because of them and it freed them a skill slot to not have to slot another cc.

A working pvp build needs:

offensive:
    1 a skill to spam - 2 a skill that creates burst- 3 sustain damage aka dot - 4 major spd/wd buff - 5 a hard cc

defensive
    1 a strong heal - 2 armor buff - 3 mobility skill - 4 sustain skill - 5 class defensive skill - 6 additional hot or something to boost healing RIP NO SPACE

even with the most basic pvp setup i already ran out of skill slots if everything is split in basic functions. I could not fit in an addition dot, armor defensive skill, debuff or any other skills that is just passively boosting my damage like mage light or even an execute. In general all mag build have it really hard to actually fit in all skills in while stam builds have it in general way easier to get all things in and even have a free spot for their liking.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a major and minor snare system is in order. Since Defile is slightly stronger than Mending. I would suggest 20% and 40% respectively.
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    Why so many huge changes at once!?

Jesus Christ every patch is like a new game..

Btw can I get a refund on my transmute crystals that I spent making some jewelry swift? I would have never spent them if the buff was 6 percent.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Area of Effect abilities within Dungeons and Trials are now much more accurate when dealing damage from within those effects, reducing those “I was out of that!” moments.

Would be nice to get a fix for the heavy attacks on for example last boss crypt 1 and banished 1. The boss heavy attacks and you have to roll dodge before the animation of the attack starts. If you roll dodge right before or during animation, you will see your hp and stamina get drained to 0, you live for 1 more second and then you die. Really annoying.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rip ESO, we had a nice run...
    S9N0yQp.gif
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a gripe... why do you have an attack called RAZOR SHOT that does poison damage instead of bleed?? Let's be realistic here for a second. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the time when you get shot with an arrow, you'll BLEED.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shinshadow wrote: »
    I have a gripe... why do you have an attack called RAZOR SHOT that does poison damage instead of bleed?? Let's be realistic here for a second. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the time when you get shot with an arrow, you'll BLEED.

Because a 41m bleed is the low risk high reward kind of broken.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a reason why no good player will put CP into the tree that “reduces the effect of snares/stuns”. It’s because you’re going to die anyway. You either negate them completely or your dead. Adding that “resistance/reduction” to light armor is 99% useless/pointless.

Forward momentum was nerfed too hard imo, change it to 6 seconds or increase the heal at 4 seconds.

Healing ward should have been left alone.
    If you want, nerf all executes to only dealing 200% inc dmg instead of 300 & change healing wards shield to 200% accordingly.

Now that impreg is nerfed everyone is just going to run pariah, the right call should have been to buff other sets not nerf impreg.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback for speed:
    - unnerf all changes (excpet forward momentum this was the right call).
    - implement either speed cap reduction or add diminishing returns for all speed sources
    - remove immovable from the speed pots. Keep health/stam and health/mag for these pots. Will help make HA skill more attractive and speed buff spells better wanted; want both speed and immovable you'll need to give up a bar space no matter how you look at it.
    - Add mag/spell dmg/speed pots into the game to rival stam/wd/speed pots. Mag builds could use the versatility those bring, especially magplar who wants to give up degeneration but can't because they also need speed pots so can't run spell power pots.
    - buff race against time duration on the speed buff to match 4-6 seconds as other sources for major expedition currently on live.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    My feedback for speed:
    - unnerf all changes (excpet forward momentum this was the right call).
    - implement either speed cap reduction or add diminishing returns for all speed sources
    - remove immovable from the speed pots. Keep health/stam and health/mag for these pots. Will help make HA skill more attractive and speed buff spells better wanted; want both speed and immovable you'll need to give up a bar space no matter how you look at it.
    - Add mag/spell dmg/speed pots into the game to rival stam/wd/speed pots. Mag builds could use the versatility those bring, especially magplar who wants to give up degeneration but can't because they also need speed pots so can't run spell power pots.
    - buff race against time duration on the speed buff to match 4-6 seconds as other sources for major expedition currently on live.
    YES!!!!!!! Best set of suggestions so far.
    Edited by ccmedaddy on October 3, 2018 5:15PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we finally take a look how strong proc sets are still in no cp? I would not care if bgs were force me to play it.

In addition maybe look at oblivion damage in combination with infuse and or torugs pact. (It is way too strong in no cp and it ignores all counter play) Please exclude oblivion damage from the list that can be buffed by torugs or infused.

Edit:
    To make clear how strong it is the average hp of player in no cp is around 22k hp and torugs infused oblivion damage does 2.1k damage that is around 10% of the total hp every ~2sec and that without any way to counter it. It goes through shield, block, resistances, defensive ultis and maybe even through dodge next patch when dots will proc it.
    Edited by Zer0oo on October 3, 2018 5:54PM
    - Update 23
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Below are shield values for both morphs at two different health and magicka values. In both cases the magicka value is more than needed for the health cap so this is more about the health cap. These values are in a normal PvE zone.

I have also posted this in the Sorc thread since one shield is specific to sorcs,

Hardened Ward clearly has a formula issue. With a normal dps build it is not yielding a shield

For a normal magicka build of 17kl health and 48k magicka

Hardened Ward tooltip of 0.
    Actual shield of 0

Empowering Ward
    Tooltip 1,255
    Actual 7,088

Dampen Magicka
    Tooltip 1,561
    Actual 8,578

Harness Magicka
    Tooltip 1,100
    Actual 6,822

Mostly in line with the performance last week except for the tooltip error and Dampen magicka now grants the added shield strength per piece of light armor worn. Above is with 7 light.

FYI. testing with higher health and it also shows the Hardened Ward is an error with the new formula.

In one build with 27k health and 38k magicka I get a

Hardened Ward
    tooltip 1,195,
    Actual 14k.
    Dampen Magicka
    Tooltip 1,239
    Actual 13,637

Bastion still has no actuall affect on the size of either shield with the above builds.
    Edited by idk on October 9, 2018 8:12AM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE-specific sets should keep their Major Expedition duration. This nerf is nothing more than a QoL downgrade. Why move backwards on QoL? Restore the full duration to PvE sets!

And you could go all out and make a nice QoL improvement while you're at it: eliminate the cost of sprinting when out of combat. Moving faster outside of combat is just a convenience QoL thing and should not result in being handicapped by low stamina when you enter combat.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Weapon Enchantments now correctly proc 100% of the time when not on cooldown when any Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or weapon ability deals damage.

This will put mag in a disadvantage since they only have one weapon and can not reliable proc the weapon enchant per dots on both bars.
    The destro staff also does offer only one ground aoe dot and one (2 if you use different staffs, not sure if intended or not but after years without any statement i think it is a feature) very expensive and weak single target dot to proc the enchants. If the class has no strong burst heal they also have to run a restro staff in pvp which has no dot or way to proc the enchant from it while being on the front bar.

Stam on the other hand has in almost every weapon skill line a single target dot to proc enchants from the back bar.
    - Update 23
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zer0oo , you mean disadantage in case of someone not using Wall of Elements? I thought that most every magicka uses it on back bar, and so will reliably proc glyphs (and front glyphs will proc from light/heavy attacks).