Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Psijic Villa reward: "Unfurnished" or "empty of all furnishings and decorations"?

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went ahead and saved a layout of the unfurnished grounds, so if they do actually give it to us with 0/700 (0/350) then I'll be able to quickly replicate the tree and pergola placements, as I quite liked the way it was set up.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server still on maintenance...
    Let us know as soon as one of us is able to log in and check this, I can't wait X)
    (hoping it's merely "unfurnished", with the pergolas...)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Earrindo wrote: »
    I went ahead and saved a layout of the unfurnished grounds, so if they do actually give it to us with 0/700 (0/350) then I'll be able to quickly replicate the tree and pergola placements, as I quite liked the way it was set up.

@Earrindo saved layout? How? With EHT addon?
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Savehouse, I prefer that method for layout editing. I know EHT does it, but it seems a bit cumbersome
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfurnished as in nothing. Just checked :smile: I’m happy as I would have removed everything anyway
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0LLFACE wrote: »
    I guess we will all see tomorrow... It was free, I'm not going to complain about it being furnished or unfurnished. Obviously, they are trying to gain some revenue on the furniture packs. I feel that is very fair! There is a lot of furnishings to collect, trade, craft yourself or have someone craft for you. A lot of the people gaining the free house would have NEVER got the house if not for the event. I was planning on buying it anyways until the event came out! More crowns for me! :smiley:

I think you're misunderstanding what unfurnished means. When we say "unfurnished," we're talking about the unfurnished version you can purchase with Crowns or gold (if a home can be purchased with gold), which still has some trees/shrubs/rocks and a few lights. That's the version that could be previewed on live - it also cam with a fireplace and some pergolas, but was otherwise unfurnished. The furnished version would have had beds, chairs, counters, wardrobes, knickknacks, etc.
    Shimmer wrote: »
    ZOS cannot gift houses with items in it. It was explained to me that every item gifted has a item number, and it wont allow them to gift homes furnished. I had asked this several months ago when they provided homes to me as rewards for an in game event i was running. Unfortunately even if they wanted to gift homes to us furnished, they simply cant. I am 1000% sure this will be empty because they cant gift furnished homes, and this has been answered on twitter :)

Thank you for passing this along. It's good to know that it's not a decision on their part but rather a limitation of their system. It's still disappointing to me not to get the version I previewed, but I'm still really excited to get the home and I still think it's a great prize for a great event (as I said in my earlier post). Plus, I'll just decorate it the way I do all my homes - crafting items myself and purchasing some things from the in-game vendors or guild traders. I have a lot of statues and other large courtyard items that I haven't had a place to put before. Plus, I have a couple wedding gazebos and several pergolas from the luxury vendor, not to mention Dibella's garden pack. I've got lots of stuff for the outside, and can craft furnishings for the inside, since I know all but a few of the Alinor plans.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfurnished as in nothing. Just checked :smile: I’m happy as I would have removed everything anyway

Well, glad you're happy, as I still would have liked the trees and rocks and lights and pergolas. Not everyone removes all items to start completely from scratch. Plus, you would have had those items to use elsewhere, if you wanted.

Still disappointing, BUT we still get an AWESOME house! I can't wait to start decorating it. It'll be a long process - but as I mentioned above, I have lots of furnishings for the outside - just have to buy some trees from in-game vendors. I'm not that good at landscaping, though, which is why I was really hoping for the unfurnished version.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 10, 2018 2:39PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well...that’s incredibly disappointing

The pergolas alone cost almost 1k crowns each :/

I guess I’ll be leaving it empty for a long time
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to get those pagodas without spending crowns? D:

I'm also wondering how to find out the names of the trees that were outside before, or to once again see how it was lain out so that I can make it look less bare
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would prefer it unfurnished anyway since i have loads of housing stuff cluttering my bank especially plants and rocks etc, an unfurnished house makes it better to visualize the way you want to decorate the house.

another plus for unfurnished houses is that crafting furniture and decorations gives crafting xp and also increases the demand for furniture items and recipes.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also wondering how to find out the names of the trees that were outside before, or to once again see how it was lain out so that I can make it look less bare

This site has a link of all the base furnishings - first part is all the trees.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grand_Psijic_Villa

ESO Fashion might have pictures of the layout.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Thank you kindly, that helps me so much as a newbie
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Thank you kindly, that helps me so much as a newbie

You're very welcome!

Also ESO Fashion does have some screenshots of the outside of the house. Click on the Images tab

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/grand-psijic-villa/

And LovelyNorth has a list of the tree/shrub vendors in game. Not all the same ones but maybe getyou started!: http://lovelynorth.com/trees-shrubs/
    Edited by anadandy on October 10, 2018 5:42PM
  • LordKelsier
    LordKelsier
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Actually Savehouse, I prefer that method for layout editing. I know EHT does it, but it seems a bit cumbersome

Is it exportable / importable? If so, could you upload your backup of the layout?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to get the Ancient Blooming Ginkgo other than buying it with crowns? I'm not seeing it if so and I really want that tree in about five different places if not more.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the Ancient Blooming Ginkgo other than buying it with crowns? I'm not seeing it if so and I really want that tree in about five different places if not more.

Since the Blooning Ginkgo and the Ancient Ginkgo are sold for gold bu Unwoltil in Alinor, I know where I'd try first.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    DjinnRa wrote: »

Since the Blooning Ginkgo and the Ancient Ginkgo are sold for gold bu Unwoltil in Alinor, I know where I'd try first.

I saw those listed on that vendor but not the ancient blooming one. I'll go and look though, perhaps the online guides are incomplete.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an account that doesn't have access to the Villa (e.g., my bank mule account, which doesn't have Summerset), you can still preview the Villa (travel to someone Villa first so that you "discover" the map icon, and then click on that map icon to travel to a preview instance of the Villa).

I was in my Villa on my main account and my bank mule was in the preview Villa on another computer, so I could do side-by-side comparisons of the landscaping.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Reading a few threads like this recently, and in game, and tbh it's getting damned embarrassing to see.
    Honestly, this entitled whining is getting old very quickly.

They just gave you a FREE HOUSE!! One of the biggest in game.
    Open your wallet and help fund the games development instead of crying over not being given a few trees, on top of your already free House, Mount and Pet....

They likely intended to sell the house for Crowns as normal, and therefor had a 'unfurnished' version on the PTS.
    Then some clever marketing brain decided to do the whole Summerfall thing, and the house was then offered as a Free totally empty version, with zero furnishings.
    Reason being is likely that said Pergolas etc can only be bought with crowns at the moment - I know this as I bought 3 of those myself with actual cash - and I'd be pretty miffed if they gave them away for free.

There really is no pleasing some people :(
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Reading a few threads like this recently, and in game, and tbh it's getting damned embarrassing to see.
    Honestly, this entitled whining is getting old very quickly.

They just gave you a FREE HOUSE!! One of the biggest in game.
    Open your wallet and help fund the games development instead of crying over not being given a few trees, on top of your already free House, Mount and Pet....

They likely intended to sell the house for Crowns as normal, and therefor had a 'unfurnished' version on the PTS.
    Then some clever marketing brain decided to do the whole Summerfall thing, and the house was then offered as a Free totally empty version, with zero furnishings.
    Reason being is likely that said Pergolas etc can only be bought with crowns at the moment - I know this as I bought 3 of those myself with actual cash - and I'd be pretty miffed if they gave them away for free.

And comments like yours are why we can't have reasonable discussions.

The OP wasn't criticizing the emptiness or demanding that we are supplied with furnishings. And there is a legitimate point of confusion here because the "unfurnished" preview contains base furnishings, and every "unfurnished" house that you buy contains a number of base furnishings. You mischaracterize the discussion of this discrepancy, while adding absolutely nothing of value to this thread; it's "embarrassing to see".
    Edited by code65536 on October 11, 2018 6:20PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP may not have, but many of you did :)
    Go beg for your free stuff elsewhere
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    I for one are happy with the "Bare" Villa means I can use all 700 slots to completely furnish how i want
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never went on the PTS, so I didn't have much in the way of expectations.

I will admit that I would like to be able to remove the water lilies, but such is life.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

This thread is merely a discussion and nothing more. I think you may be over reacting to this thread.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I never went on the PTS, so I didn't have much in the way of expectations.

People make it out be a PTS thing. But even right now on Live, the preview for the house for anyone who doesn't have it has a number of base items in the "unfurnished" version.
    • Log onto an account that does not own the Villa.
    • Travel to someone's Villa so that it will appear on your map.
    • Click on the map marker to travel to a preview instance of the Villa.

It's actually quite useful--I've been doing that with my bank mule account, to see what the base "unfurnished" Villa looks like, to use as a reference point as I decorate the Villa on my main account.

Anyway, there were a lot of people who previewed the Villa by way of the Artaeum entrance during the Summerfall event. People were talking about it in zone chat, telling people where the in-game entrance is so that they could preview it. And all of those people saw a version of the house different than what they got. It's something that should've been better communicated.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas: