Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr - Tasear's Healer Collection (All Classes including Necromancer)

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Special preview it's not a healer but still support! Tasear Sorc Tank!

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78878
    No negate, eh?

I tell people vMA S&B has potential situationally, but some still swear it's only decon fodder.

+2k Stam/Mag return for something you're proabably doing anyway is not without merit.

Just curious, where are you coming across Potentates? I never see them in guild stores and damned if I've ever gotten one to drop?

Tammerial trade center. I think I spent 3 k for purple, though later found some gold for 15k each.

There's also option to add alkoash on back bar if switched out potentces.

You can put what ever ultimate you want. I just have war horn there as it's usual one people use. The fun part is things are so cheap. War horn costs 150 so along with ultimate generation you get at least 1 ultimate each pull.

I find ethier malestorm or master shield sword well do well. Either more sustain or self recovery + mirgration.

To be honest, I don't see why people wouldn't use master or malestorm when you can back alkoash if you wanted. As along with 5 amour and two monster set you can only gain something.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha! I must have notorious bad timing when I check. Nice use of the vAS 2H for ultigen, coupled with both reduced ult cost sets.

vAS S&B can also double as a non-Sorc Dark Deal, too. I like it on NB when I need to shuffle resources without taking a hit to my health (Balance).

Good stuff, as always!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated Dark Priestess build

This reflect current in gameplay build

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78977
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of trying something new!

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=78983

Here is my future trail build progress. It relies on other healer a bit and someone using blockage of storms. In return more concussion uptime with greater radius of effect, minor mangle (it was fixed :O), along more synergies for allies.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While often caught with my Sorcs tank or healer, I have 9 amazing characters that I love to play with so let me share with something new I am working on for my dk tank.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=83069

It will be the perfect companion for dungeons with off healing, tankiess and buffing and debuffing.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm thanks for the build. I am going to give the 3rd bar a try and see if i can get some more out of my build.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

Hmmm thanks for the build. I am going to give the 3rd bar a try and see if i can get some more out of my build.

Hope you enjoy :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ability and its morphs no longer grant a third ability bar when toggled on.

P.T.S Notes

^ this scares me
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing things on pts, looking for the bright side, but at last truly hard this time. What I can say in it's current state empowerard won't be worth it usually. I am looking at switching out to bound aegis.

In regards to the third...I am still looking at things but it honestly don't feel as fun right now.

Still hoping for the best.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Testing things on pts, looking for the bright side, but at last truly hard this time. What I can say in it's current state empowerard won't be worth it usually. I am looking at switching out to bound aegis.

In regards to the third...I am still looking at things but it honestly don't feel as fun right now.

Doing that for the bonus Mag, or you actually trying to activate it for blocking purposes?

My optimism is not high either, fwiw.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel sad with this change
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing that for the bonus Mag, or you actually trying to activate it for blocking purposes?

My optimism is not high either, fwiw.

Well there's a cost reduction after blocking something...but yeah...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >.< I am still bitter, but I guess passion doesn't die that easily... but you pushed my love eso this patch. All my Sorcs are unhappy this patch, tank, stamina dps, Healer and non exist magicka dps. Such an overwhemeling patch...

Okay now lets focus, maybe one day I shall talk about the others, but for now Sorc healers. So it's taken me quite a bit of time and emotional turmoil to figure things out. So last couple years the focus for Sorc healers has been overlord bar and the flexibity it offers while rewarding for good timing of skills. Now it's time go back to roots and see what it means to be a Sorc healer.

My thoughts are Sorc healers gameplay style wise are mobile, flexiblity and rewarding for good timing of skills and shield stacking in ideal world. I worked with those ideas and came up with the best that skills could offer.This build is untested (hard to test healing on pts), but the theory is strong for murkmire patch

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=90740

Flex Skills
    Plusar -> Purge (swap on boss fights)
    It's nice that most trials don't have adds during boss fights. So you can swap for purge for boss fights that truly need purge in them. Pulsar was broken for so long but truly underrated. It's aoe shock damage is very likely to proc aoe concussion to mobs and minor mangle the non elite ones.

Mend Spirit -> swap for shield
    There are some places that truly need a shield ... and I can't wait to see what we do next patch for this. *Storm annotach vAA, overchargers, though for the in between I got the psjic 5k shield to reduce pressure and major protection when using the skill on allies.

Sangiune Altar -> Siphon Spirit

Dropped elemental drain in trials and instead provider minor lifesteal (hopefully other healer gives magicka steal). I prefer Altar for duration, radius and the synergy of the skill over Siphon Spirit ... but for those times healer split up it's there.

F.A.Q

Why those gear choices?

In the case mending has a situation usage then there is mend spirit skill. Santuary is hardly ever needed, but would switch to a powered staff instead or twilight remedy since the build offers enough synergies, even necropotence is a better option for Sorcs. Now that leaves worm/IA . I personally hate IA with a passion. I wish more sorcs where in usage instead or cussion had a higher uptime 4 vs 10 secs is rough. Though I try to make up with charged and more shock damage skills.

Now the gear in question, offers flexibility via ultimate usage if needed or faster and more effective war horns along with Sorc passive of cost reduction. So I think it will be effective choice as of right now.

Notes:

The things Sorc healers can look forward to is

immortal pets

This also is an indirect buff for health as you won't actually lose the bonus anymore so can stack more max magicka. Hence some more healing. There is also less reliance on shield so can save a slot.

Empoward ward longer duration

Unfortunately the buff doesn't get increased so it will need to be recasted at higher cost. Personally would just hope a warden gives minor intecult buff instead. As empowarded ward isn't so empowarded.

Bound Aegis

If for some reason blocking becomes useful on healer (I have a galwene resto/lighting just in case) then this skill has increased migration.
    Edited by Tasear on October 8, 2018 5:35PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new notes

Bound Aegis

Might be useful cases when migrating damage and block casting

ex starfall, overchargers
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 Okay really happy with this one!

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=90740

Only thing is this will be on the back bar. Is Wild Impluse set

The idea is this build is utility for large scale content along with mobility and flexibility along with sustain.

Pros
    * High uptime on concussion that removes the need for IA (needs some testing)
    * Aoe chilling on emies with long duration of change to proc. This is good since tanks can't minor maim everything.
    * Aoe buring on enemies
    * Moblity
    * Sustain
    * Extra resistances to allies ( >.> helps shields be stronger)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on dungeon builds next. Also will try to go back in ensure alternatives for those without summerset.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still needs testing but here they are so let me know what you think.

Pug Healing : This is build has the standard items healers need such healing springs, elemental drain, orbs, combat prayer. Adding some elements to help pug groups, mystic orbs is picked to add more damage to the group. This is fine as mutagen is good ranged healing over time and works well for people in different postions. Now instead of storm blockade we have chrushing shock that along with charged staff makes enemies likely to be concussed, chilled, and burned. So a bit of support, defensive, and offensive. There's also bone surge to help with one shots and give healing a boost. As this designed as more of easy access build have overload for users to trade ultimate for sustain. Also considering a collection of pug groups storm atronach might be easier choice with a synergy to proc twlight remedy and damage buff, and damage it's self. Going on to gear, Spc is picked for easier access to better stats and allow mobility to allies in chaos. In regards to twilight remedy, this is picked for extra healing and potential to give minor force to allies who aren't using it. So overall this build should feel easy to use, fun, and supportive.

*note if you don't have access to twilight remedy or spc then I would pick up necropotance or if needed mending.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=91335
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builds.png

^ cause I am such a tease here you go :p see what I am up to. I love build maker it's so much easier to share builds and doesn't take me hours and hours to write guides. I hope to share and design more this way.
    Edited by Tasear on October 11, 2018 12:16PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I've checked your builds, here are my complains :)

Trial build:
    1) I think it's a mistake to exclude Matriarch from your bar, especially now when the pet can't die and should be excluded from mechanics. While the burst heal is seldom needed, it still adds you Max Health, Spell Damage and Dark Magic bonuses, all of them are passive boosts
    2) Abandoning Dark Conversion skill is also a mistake from my point of view. This skill is the only single advantage you have as a class. I know it's hard to use under pressure and it received a nerf, but it's still a wonderful skill with a great effect
    3) Shalk Exoskeleton set is a niche set. While the 5th bonus is nice, it doesn't synergy with anything on a sorc healer. Sorc healer has ultimate reduction, but 0 ultimate regeneration. Using whole set just for this ... I wouldn't

My bars would be like this:
    Main bar - Master Resto - Combat Prayer, Shield, Healing Springs, Matriarch, Dark Conversion
    Back bar - Lightning Staff (set) - Boundless Storm (flex), Energy Orb, Elemental Drain, Matriarch, Lightning Flood

Monster Set - Bogdan / Earthgore

Dungeon DPS/Heal build:
    1) If you want to be DPS / Heal, you have to run Malstrom Lightning Staff with Blockade and Lightning Flood skills. Just these two skills will net you 10k DPS.
    2) Mystic orb is a great skill in dungeons, I love it. Plus for including it ;)
    3) As a DPS / Heal, your main heal will be Matriarch. There is no other option, you don't deal damage with Healing Springs. The problem is that Matriach scales only with Max Magicka (both damage and heal). 33k Max Magicka is low for this.
    4) Drop Combat Prayer, it's a waste in dungeons.
    5) Use Infallible aether on front bar. Really. This set is a huge DPS gain for the party. Apply the effect on each single mob :) This is also a viable option for vDSA
    6) You don't need Twilight Remedy in dungeons. SPC is oblotele even in dungeons. Use Olorime + IA

Main Bar - Healing Staff IA - Matriarch, Mutagen, Boundless Storm (flex / spammable), Bound Armor, Mage Light
    Back Bar - MA Lightning Staff - Liquid Lightning, Blockade, Matriarch, Mystic Orb, Elemental Drain
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    Hello,

Trial build:
    1) I think it's a mistake to exclude Matriarch from your bar, especially now when the pet can't die and should be excluded from mechanics. While the burst heal is seldom needed, it still adds you Max Health, Spell Damage and Dark Magic bonuses, all of them are passive boosts
    2) Abandoning Dark Conversion skill is also a mistake from my point of view. This skill is the only single advantage you have as a class. I know it's hard to use under pressure and it received a nerf, but it's still a wonderful skill with a great effect
    3) Shalk Exoskeleton set is a niche set. While the 5th bonus is nice, it doesn't synergy with anything on a sorc healer. Sorc healer has ultimate reduction, but 0 ultimate regeneration. Using whole set just for this ... I wouldn't

Main bar - Master Resto - Combat Prayer, Shield, Healing Springs, Matriarch, Dark Conversion
    Back bar - Lightning Staff (set) - Boundless Storm (flex), Energy Orb, Elemental Drain, Matriarch, Lightning Flood

Dungeon DPS/Heal build:
    1) If you want to be DPS / Heal, you have to run Malstrom Lightning Staff with Blockade and Lightning Flood skills. Just these two skills will net you 10k DPS.
    3) As a DPS / Heal, your main heal will be Matriarch. There is no other option, you don't deal damage with Healing Springs. The problem is that Matriach scales only with Max Magicka (both damage and heal). 33k Max Magicka is low for this.
    5) Use Infallible aether on front bar. Really. This set is a huge DPS gain for the party. Apply the effect on each single mob :) This is also a viable option for vDSA
    6) You don't need Twilight Remedy in dungeons. SPC is oblotele even in dungeons. Use Olorime + IA

Main Bar - Healing Staff IA - Matriarch, Mutagen, Boundless Storm (flex / spammable), Bound Armor, Mage Light
    Back Bar - MA Lightning Staff - Liquid Lightning, Blockade, Matriarch, Mystic Orb, Elemental Drain
    Hello,

Trial build:

Dungeon DPS/Heal build:

I thought you converted your healer to stamina dps :p though as always it is nice to hear contrasting thoughts. Especially when I am still testing things out.

Trial comments

I do think in other builds twlight is still asset but my thoughts where it takes up to much bar space for what it does in trials. This might change after more testing.

Shalks provides you with more uptime to ultimates. So it synergizes with cost reduction and jorvulds. You can swap for other sets that you like.

Bodgan doesn't proc that often on Sorcs from my experience. I rather go bloodpswan, earthgore, or sentiential.

DPS/healer
    I am going to rename this. It was poorly named for what I wanted to express. It is more easy to use dungeon build for players.It was a replacement for pug proof one.

• troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I converted my main to stamSorc, but I also created another char as a sorc healer :) I don't play it as much as I used to and I don't progress trials with it anymore, but I still play it from time to time.

DPS/Heal

Yes, for PuGs, you definitely need more heals, even Healing Springs. I wouldn't still bother with Combat Prayer though, especially in a PuG. But Lightning Flood + Blockade is a must if you want to do some DPS, plus Lightning flood synergies well with Olorime.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I converted my main to stamSorc, but I also created another char as a sorc healer :) I don't play it as much as I used to and I don't progress trials with it anymore, but I still play it from time to time.

DPS/Heal

Yes, for PuGs, you definitely need more heals, even Healing Springs. I wouldn't still bother with Combat Prayer though, especially in a PuG. But Lightning Flood + Blockade is a must if you want to do some DPS, plus Lightning flood synergies well with Olorime.

>.< I renamed it. It's just dungeons healer. The easier verison. Something people can causually use to dungeon finder or pug groups and be supportive with all the common tools healers use. Still your thoughts on combat prayer had left me some things to think about for it.

Note: Spc is easier to use then Olorime for new healers and spc provides better stats then non perfect olormine hence the choice.
    Edited by Tasear on October 11, 2018 11:27PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your ongoing efforts with Sorc healing @Tasear showing us Whats possible, and keeping our niche motivated
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still your thoughts on combat prayer had left me some things to think about for it.

There is one reason to run Combat Prayer, and it's the burst heal part of the skill. It's really strong and effective. So it's either Combat Prayer (burst + buff) or Healing Springs (HoT + cheap), but not both of them.

Honestly, I would rather run Combat Prayer + Mutagen as it effectively covers all your needs, but I understand that Healing Springs are super easy to use for new players and it's safer choice for PuGs.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witch festival has been a great way to test things out! I think I started seeing stars after get 100 stones from just trials alone this week. Note to self procrastination is not advisable. At last my shalk rings are arcane! So working on the crinks but it new verision works well for trials. >.> although I have to watch and use ultimate. War horn for days!

While playing with ultimates, light's champion, barriar, and.... even overload have been good choices as a 2nd ultimate. The new overload is easier to use ... >.> and feels better then cough the new dark exchange. Well still giving dark exchange a go again, but really feels meh. My warden's netch is laughing at it. Now playing around more the new version is fun and with jorvulds the speed lost is hardly noticably... though it still is gone. Going to try swapping destro to infused and resto to charged ...cough when I spot being cheap. Shalks weapons sure are expensive. ...not to mention my tank still needs it's powerful assault 1 hander. tsk tsk never enough gold.

But yeah overall the new build has been fun. Boundless storm makes it feel engaging and if you haven't heard >.> it's meta till sorc dps get better (much <3 for them). So my Trials verison of Sorc healer is good to go ...for now. (swap healing ward or ward ally if you don't have summerset or mend spirit). I hoping to test more the dungeon version out more next. Then it's off to the other healers, warden going to try a new combination, nb going to polish, dragonKnight needs love, and templar just to lazy to publish atm.

Now I do belive some skills could use some love personally, I have found myself sucessful and having fun with my Sorc this patch, so I hope you guys do too.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Deal / Dark Conversion has always been trash, even before the update.

It was usable only outside of combat. But it had its moments, for example between waves of trash mobs (vMoL), or between phases of a boss. You could go from full to zero Magicka during the fight and between waves back from 0 to full. This approach allowed you to cast more orbs or more heals.

The only reason I kept this buff and have always said to others to keep it was because it was the only advantage sorcerers had. Now with the nerf to this buff, they managed to make this skill even more useless. I'm still saying to keep it, to have at least something different (except the terrible meta of Liquid Lightning), but honestly... I have no idea what to do with a sorc healer anymore.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >.> so blackrose destro didn't work out for what I wanted... for trials so circle of protection it is...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=90740

note: working under the assumption you do have a sorc dps with conducit and dark magic proc for minor prophecy. Also the other healer >.> does all the usual work.
    Edited by Tasear on October 31, 2018 7:06AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psjiic questing been adventure but more then been having some new kind of fun in battlegrounds. Negate and timestop sure fun combo for support time it right and it makes field yours.

Another fun time been with mend spirit in pvp. Stacking magicka and new dark exchange has proved it's worth in pvp. So yes the things that work very well in pvp work more then we'll in pve.

<3 shalks is such a fun and effective set.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is good, always wanted to try a sorc healer!
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King